Team Board Mock Draft

Who will the BJs pick?

• Zeev Buium, D, Denver (NCAA)

Votes: 1 1.7%
  • Berkly Catton, F, Spokane (WHL)

Votes: 2 3.4%
  • Sam Dickinson, D, London (OHL)

Votes: 2 3.4%
  • Cole Eiserman, LW, Boston University (NCAA)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Konsta Helenius, C/RW Jukurit (Liiga)

Votes: 1 1.7%
  • Cayden Lindstrom, C, Medicine Hat (WHL)

Votes: 38 65.5%
  • Zanye Parekh, D, Saginaw (OHL)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Anton Silayev, D, Torpedo Nizhny Novogorod (KHL)

Votes: 14 24.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Hasbro

Family Friend
Sponsor
Apr 1, 2004
South Rectangle

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
These polls are always split between folks voting for their preferred pick and those taking the "who will x pick" literally. Either one would be fine but mixed together I find it ruins the whole thing.

cbjthrowaway

Jul 4, 2020
after watching more clips/breakdowns over the last few days, i've come around on lindstrom. neck and neck between him and helenius at this spot for me (with demidov and levshunov off the board)

not in on silayev at all so i'm going lindstrom.

Reactions: majormajor

Ice9

Jun 25, 2016
In the woods
Dont need a remarkable guy, just a guy players dread to face when we show up. A hard to play against guy. A guy who is always chipping away at the opponents nerves making them focus alot of energy on him. Pick that guy...

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
I don't know what I want out of the draft. I'm too busy hoping we pick up a defensive blueliner in free agency to adequately focus.

squashmaple

gudbranson apologist
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2022
Columbus
Too soon to answer for me. Plus there's the dichotomoy of "which does my heart want" and "what is the most logical Blue Jackets pick," and right now those are two different answers.

Reactions: Indy18

koteka

Jan 1, 2017
Central Ohio
These polls are always split between folks voting for their preferred pick and those taking the "who will x pick" literally. Either one would be fine but mixed together I find it ruins the whole thing.

This is one example where the two are the same for me. Lindstrom.

@Hasbro - Iginla would be someone in consideration here if the first three picks went Celebrini, Demidov, Lindstrom.

Xoggz22

Mar 4, 2002
Columbus, Ohio
I think we're going to see far more D taken early than we're anticipating in the current comments. Centers and D are always premium positions to Wings unless that wing is a huge talent. So, while I like Iginla, I'd be shocked if he goes top 5. Very very good player but I don't think his ceiling matches that of players like Silayev, Buium and Parekh, maybe even Catton and Dickenson. I think he's more a 9-11 type guy, not because he may not end up better than those listed but because I think his risk/reward factor isn't nearly as high and GMs like to think they can predict the top picks hitting at star level. Iginla feels more like a "safe" pick with a higher floor, lower ceiling (not to be read as I don't think he's a high end player). Just my opinion. I think the D is too valuable for many to pass up and it looks, by all accounts, like a good year to draft one high.

GoJackets1

Someday.
Sponsor
Aug 21, 2008
Montana
Iginla, again, is a safe pick for me. He'll go at 5 is my guess. He'll bring it every night of his career.
That sounds like something I want. How does Iginla’s compete level compare to Lindstrom’s? Getting a high effort winger like that would pair extremely well with Fantilli long term IMO.

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
I think we're going to see far more D taken early than we're anticipating in the current comments. Centers and D are always premium positions to Wings unless that wing is a huge talent. So, while I like Iginla, I'd be shocked if he goes top 5. Very very good player but I don't think his ceiling matches that of players like Silayev, Buium and Parekh, maybe even Catton and Dickenson. I think he's more a 9-11 type guy, not because he may not end up better than those listed but because I think his risk/reward factor isn't nearly as high and GMs like to think they can predict the top picks hitting at star level. Iginla feels more like a "safe" pick with a higher floor, lower ceiling (not to be read as I don't think he's a high end player). Just my opinion. I think the D is too valuable for many to pass up and it looks, by all accounts, like a good year to draft one high.

I don't think there's much chance that Iginla goes top 4, but starting with Montreal there's a chance, and I think he'll go 7-9.

Some will go for the high floor and the bloodlines.

That sounds like something I want. How does Iginla’s compete level compare to Lindstrom’s? Getting a high effort winger like that would pair extremely well with Fantilli long term IMO.

Iginla and Lindstrom are both top end in compete.

Reactions: GoJackets1

Ice9

Jun 25, 2016
In the woods
I feel like we have that in Brindley, no?

Take BPA with highest ceiling
Iginla goes 6' 185 and Brindley 5'9" 168. IMO, Iginla has the frame to add more so than Brindley.
They're both guys I'd like to have on my squad!

I think both have heart out the wazoo...

Hasbro

Family Friend
Sponsor
Apr 1, 2004
South Rectangle
Iginla goes 6' 185 and Brindley 5'9" 168. IMO, Iginla has the frame to add more so than Brindley.
They're both guys I'd like to have on my squad!

I think both have heart out the wazoo...
Hopefully there's a cardioproctologist to help them. Linstrom it is.

Thanks Everyone!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad