• Poll closed .

Hasbro

Family Friend
Sponsor
Apr 1, 2004
South Rectangle
A series of polls for the forthcoming draft. Picks will be decided by vote.*

Results Thread

PLEASE ONLY VOTE IF YOU ARE A FAN OF THE TEAM PICKING!

1 day poll

*not polling for #1 since we know who it will be and Hawks fans get to vote on their other 1st

1. :hawks Connor Bedard, C, Regina Pats (WHL)

2.:ducks
Adam Fantilli, C, Michigan

3.:cbjLeo Carlsson, C/W, Örebro HK

4,:sharksMatvei Michkov, RW, HK Sochi

5. :habsWill Smith, C, USNTP

6. :coyotesRyan Leonard, C, USNTP

7. :flyers Zach Benson, F, Winnipeg Ice

8.:caps Dalibor Dvorský, C/RW, AIK

9.:wings
David Reinbacher, D, Kloten

10. :bluesOliver Moore, C, USNTP

11. :nucks Tom Willander, D, Rögle BK J20

Last edited:

MarkusNaslund19

Dec 28, 2005
I hate this draft order most of all. Really hoping one of the top 10 on this list drops to 11th. Have some confidence it will happen too as someone might fall in love with someone like Honzek with his size and poise with the puck, or ASP as a puck mover.

I think here is where I start leaning towards drafting a little bit for position.

All things being equal I would like to swing for upside and take Sale, Perrault, Wood, or even possibly Cristall (could probably trade down for him), but with the aforementioned guys gone I'm thinking D and I'm sort of torn between Willander, Simashev, ASP, and I even have little a hunch on Gulyayev.

If any of the top 10 drops it's that player without question for me, with it as it is I'm leaning toward Wood or one of the D. More research needed.

pgfan66

Jun 26, 2019
This does not look good for us.

Going ASP here, but would rather trade down if these are our options.
This is exactly why the push under Tocchet made no sense. Even ending up with a pick in the 6-8 range would’ve been huge and so much better than winning a few meaningless games. Don’t like the remaining Canadians here and haven’t followed the NTDP enough to know much about Perreault.

Anyway, out of the remaining options, Willander is my favourite. I’m a big fan. But I’d be fine with ASP too.

CanuckCity

Aug 23, 2012
Budapest
Yeag this is pretty much WCS draft order for us and would really make all those meaningless extra points sting. I'd probably swing for the fences with Wood. If this is how the order goes I wouldnt be too upset if we reached for a dman (assuming trading down isnt an option)

Reactions: PuckMunchkin

DFAC

Jan 19, 2008
This is the worst draft outcome from a Canucks POV.

If this is the case it's ASP for me. Not entirely happy about it - makes those late season wins that much more frustrating.

Also funny that Blues fans have the same sentiment as us - "I hate these picks…this would be about the worst way the board could fall for me. ASP would be my choice. Then Wood, Perreault and Moore."

Reactions: PuckMunchkin

pgfan66

Jun 26, 2019
This is the worst draft outcome from a Canucks POV.

If this is the case it's ASP for me. Not entirely happy about it - makes those late season wins that much more frustrating.

Also funny that Blues fans have the same sentiment as us - "I hate these picks…this would be about the worst way the board could fall for me. ASP would be my choice. Then Wood, Perreault and Moore."
On the bright side, I’m 99.9% sure the top 10 won’t fall this way. Then again, I wouldn’t be shocked if the Canucks walked up at 11 and picked Lic Mysak or something.

Reactions: DFAC

Canucks LB

My Favourite, Gone too soon, RIP Luc, We miss you
Oct 12, 2008
Yikes, this is literally worst case scenario

Pastor Of Muppetz

Oct 1, 2017
I'm not picking anybody, but I hope the Canucks get their guy...Keep in mind that HF Canucks had Elias Pettersson as their #9 pick in the 2017 draft.

pgfan66

Jun 26, 2019
Damn, I was the first Willander vote and expected it to be a hot take. Was ready to change it to ASP in case it ends up being close between ASP and someone like Wood. But here we are with Willander in the lead. I like it.

Vector

Feb 2, 2007
Junktown
Damn, I was the first Willander vote and expected it to be a hot take. Was ready to change it to ASP in case it ends up being close between ASP and someone like Wood. But here we are with Willander in the lead. I like it.

He's becoming an increasingly popular choice since the U18s.

SelltheTeamFrancesco

Aug 11, 2015
Between Yager and Wood for me. Honzek would also be of consideration. All interesting targets but I would go Wood. Also, think it is to early to take a defenceman not named Reinbacher at 11.

SelltheTeamFrancesco

Aug 11, 2015
I really don’t like any of those guys at 11.
Still better than taking a defender here. Yagers playoffs were very impressive and if he played that way all year he would have been a sure fire top 10 pick. Wood got better all year, and is unicorn in term of size, hands and his shot. I think Honzek has immense potential, and is a center that is big, skates well and know how to use his size.

pgfan66

Jun 26, 2019
Still better than taking a defender here. Yagers playoffs were very impressive and if he played that way all year he would have been a sure fire top 10 pick. Wood got better all year, and is unicorn in term of size, hands and his shot. I think Honzek has immense potential, and is a center that is big, skates well and know how to use his size.
See, I see Honzek as a middle-6 winger in the NHL. I liked Wood at the U18s but not really enough to pick him at 11. Probably see him as a middle-6 winger too. But I'll admit I didn't see Yager in the playoffs.

Why are you against picking a defender here? Just because you don't think the available options are good enough or because you prefer a forward? I do really, really like Willander and wouldn't be surprised at all if he ends up as one of the 10 best players in this draft.

Bitz and Bites

May 5, 2012
Victoria
Gonna go with Willander here as none of the C left really project as impact players and by the time we get to our next picks, the D there will be major projects who are 4 or 5 years away.

Reactions: pgfan66

Petey But Really Jim

I lejdjejejejejjejejjdjdjjdjdjdndndnnddndhdjdjdndd
Sponsor
May 3, 2021
Pick traded in service of creating cap space to go All In With Allvin.

Family Friend Jr. lol

Reactions: DFAC

pgfan66

Jun 26, 2019
If any of the ASP votes want to be a tie-breaker and change it to Willander or Wood: you have 27 minutes. Haha

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
Matthew Wood and it isn't close for me.
How do you ignore Matthew Wood? Local B.C. kid and a huge 6'4" winger......was a ppg player as a 17-year old playing for the U of Connecticut in the NCAA.

In my mind, that puts him a cut above the players who are still padding their stats in junior hockey. The only downside is that Button doesn't think he'll still be on the board when the Canucks pick 11th.

Reactions: arttk

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad