Team Board Mock Draft Pick #26

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Who will the Habs take at #26

• Dominik Badinka, D, Malmo (SHL)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Harrison Brunicke, D, Kamloops (WHL)

• Alfons Freij, D, Vaxjo (SWE)

• Maxim Massé, RW, Chicoutimi (QMJHL)

• Henry Mews, D, Ottawa (OHL)

• Julius Miettinen, C/W, Everett (WHL)

• Luke Misa, C, Missasauga (OHL)

• Tarik Parascak, RW, Prince George (WHL)

• Ryder Ritchie, F, Prince Albert (WHL)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Toene

Y'en aura pas de facile
Nov 17, 2014
I honestly think that it will be a draft where there's a stronger than usual possibility that the player we get with the 26th could be better than the one we get with our 5th. 2024 is deeeeeeeeeep, lots of players I like in the late first, early second rounds, several potential sleeper picks.

Reactions: ChesterNimitz

FrankMTL

Jan 6, 2005
I could go Boisvert or Basha here…..I ultimately went with Boisvert but would be super happy with Basha and a few other players available in the list.

Reactions: Toene

ChesterNimitz

governed by the principle of calculated risk
Jul 4, 2002
I honestly think that it will be a draft where there's a stronger than usual possibility that the player we get with the 26th could be better than the one we get with our 5th. 2024 is deeeeeeeeeep, lots of players I like in the late first, early second rounds, several potential sleeper picks.
The reason to stifle the expectations of those who want us to trade that valuable pick and more in an effort to acquire immediate help. This is a very deep and unpredictable draft, with many teams having widely varying opinions on some interesting prospects. For this writer, if we can draft Vanacker, even at the cost of moving up, it will be a very good draft regardless of whom we take at 5 OA.

Let’s see if Hughes can make some magic for us. I feel confident having a general manager who is playing chess when most of his compatriots are playing checkers.

Toene

Y'en aura pas de facile
Nov 17, 2014
The reason to stifle the expectations of those who want us to trade that valuable pick and more in an effort to acquire immediate help. This is a very deep and unpredictable draft, with many teams having widely varying opinions on some interesting prospects. For this writer, if we can draft Vanacker, even at the cost of moving up, it will be a very good draft regardless of whom we take at 5 OA.

Let’s see if Hughes can make some magic for us. I feel confident having a general manager who is playing chess when most of his compatriots are playing checkers.
I have zero interest of giving up extra assets to move up from 26. I hope they just pick the player they like the best and call it a day.

Trabdy2

Nov 30, 2018
I think there's a good chance we trade this pick. But I've picked Boisvert here.

I like Basha, Surin and Chernyshov too though.

ChesterNimitz

governed by the principle of calculated risk
Jul 4, 2002
I have zero interest of giving up extra assets to move up from 26. I hope they just pick the player they like the best and call it a day.
But what happens if a player they have determined is in the top 15 drops to the low 20s, would you not want Hughes to be proactive in moving up ? I guess it will depend on how strong they feel about a falling player and the associated cost in moving up. But with no draft choices until 57 OA (a point in the draft where this a significant drop off in the talent available), I can see Hughes being somewhat aggressive with the 26 OA in an effort to secure a falling player his staff feels strong about.

As I have noted, what Hughes does with the 26 OA will go a long way in determining the success/ impact of this upcoming draft.

Last edited:

Toene

Y'en aura pas de facile
Nov 17, 2014
But what happens if a player they have determined is in the top 15 drops to the low 20s, would you not want Hughes to be proactive in moving up ? I guess it will depend on how strong they feel about a falling player and the associated cost in moving up. But with no draft choices until 57 OA (a point in the draft where this a significant drop off in the talent available), I can see Hughes being somewhat aggressive with the 26 OA in an effort to secure a falling player his staff feels strong about.

As I have noted, what Hughes does with the 26 OA will go a long way in determining the success/ impact of this upcoming draft.
Oh yeah sure, if it's about giving later picks to go up a couple spots, I'm all for it, but I mean, I hope they don't package it with a good pick + a prospect and/or roster player (unless it's Gally or Anderson) to go from like 26 to the mid-10s. After the few top forwards and the top Ds, the value of the prospect beyond the top-8 or so seems pretty even up until the end of the round/early of the 2nd.

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
1. Assuming he will grow 1 or 2 inches with that comparison when most players are done growing + - half an inch by that age.

2. Saying he is 200 pounds when he literally was measured at 191 a week ago.
Assuming he will grow? 6' is already tall. It's already a man frame, it's already not a problem size wise.

191 to 200 is a stupid nitpick you're doing. Have fun with this one? It's one week of binge eating.

Reactions: Naslund

Scintillating10

Jun 15, 2012
Nova Scotia

I have sneaky feeling if Eiserman slide Habs may trade up to draft him. Where Eiserman going next year right up Hughes's alley.

Last edited:

MTL Dirty Birdy

Aug 29, 2021
Great thread. In this case, I hope that HuGo resist the temptation to trade that pick, unless they have something brewing that is just outrageous. I voted Letourneau, based on the optimistic scenario that he morphs into Tage Thompson, and not a repeat of the McCarron saga. However I like those very same players that you mentioned.
Letourneau is EXACTLY the kind of home run pick you go for when you have the luxury of a second first round pick

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad