Team Board Mock Draft Pick #26

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Who will the Sharks take at #26

• Beau Akey, D, Barrie Colts

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Kasper Halttunen, RW, HIFK

• Theo Lindstein, D, Brynäs IF

• Tanner Molendyk, D, Saskatoon Blades

• Oscar Fisker Mølgaard, C, HV71

• Caden Price, D, Kelowna Rockets

• Gracyn Sawchyn, C, Seattle Thunderbirds

• Maxim Strbak, D, Sioux Falls Stampede

• Koehn Ziemmer,RW, Prince George Cougars

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Howe Elbows 9

Sep 16, 2007
Sweden
My top 5 options at this point;

Daniil But (LW) - A winger who is 6'5" and played 15 KHL games with Lokomotiv Yaroslavl this season.

Quentin Musty (LW) - Finished second on Sudbury in scoring this season with 78 points in 53 games.

Oliver Bonk (D) - High hockey IQ is usually mentioned when talking about Bonk's game.

Riley Heidt (C/W) - Smaller (5'10") forward who finished fifth in the WHL with 97 points.

David Edstrom (C/W) - Surprisingly, he isn't named Edström, as David and his family moved from the U.S. to Sweden.

Please add Etienne Morin to the later polls (I think he will be the first player selected from the QMJHL, ahead of Gauthier).

mogambomoroo

Sponsor
Oct 12, 2020
Not completely sure why, but I felt Gavin Brindley and voted for him. There is so many good options that it's quite hard.

Hodge

Apr 27, 2021
I like But and Hrabal but if Quentin Musty is available at 26 I think he has to be the pick. His numbers are phenomenal, he’s one of the youngest players in the draft and we’re going to need size up front to complement Eklund and Smith/Michkov.

Grinner

May 31, 2022
I like But and Hrabal but if Quentin Musty is available at 26 I think he has to be the pick. His numbers are phenomenal, he’s one of the youngest players in the draft and we’re going to need size up front to complement Eklund and Smith/Michkov.
But and Edstrom provide the size and the ability to pay with out the puck.Musty seems the better offensive forward

Patty Ice

Mighty Luca
Feb 27, 2002
Not California
My top 5 options at this point;

Daniil But (LW) - A winger who is 6'5" and played 15 KHL games with Lokomotiv Yaroslavl this season.

Quentin Musty (LW) - Finished second on Sudbury in scoring this season with 78 points in 53 games.

Oliver Bonk (D) - High hockey IQ is usually mentioned when talking about Bonk's game.

Riley Heidt (C/W) - Smaller (5'10") forward who finished fifth in the WHL with 97 points.

David Edstrom (C/W) - Surprisingly, he isn't named Edström, as David and his family moved from the U.S. to Sweden.

Please add Etienne Morin to the later polls (I think he will be the first player selected from the QMJHL, ahead of Gauthier).

Those would be my 5 as well. But I'm a Bonk fanboy if only because I was a fan of his dad and always thought he belonged in teal but it turns out the son is real good.

Reactions: Howe Elbows 9

Le Rosbeef

Jul 27, 2007
It's like being in a candy shop. We're really going to get a good player at 26 and again at 36.

I ended up going for Daniil But. Was tempted to add a blueliner, and suspect the Sharks brass would do, but he's a guy I think should be off the board inside the top 25, so I'm picking him here. Right shot.

Literally can't make a bad pick though.

Reactions: themelkman

Juxtaposer

Outro: Divina Comedia
Dec 21, 2009
Bay Area
Musty, Perron, and Heidt are my favorite options amongst forwards. Molendyk on D, I’m pretty high on him. Voting for Musty but any of those four would do me fine.

Kcoyote3

Half-wall Hockey - link below!
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2012
www.half-wallhockey.com
A 6’5 winger with a decent pair of mits and experience in the KHL. But would be a steal at 26. Only real knock I’ve seen on him is his skating. KC coyote, have you done a write up on him? Id love to check it out.
But grew on me when I watched more of him. His games are all on Youtube, just have to do a bit of digging and translating Russian to find the right games on https://www.youtube.com/@mhl_rus/streams

He really likes to use his frame to establish position and create off the wall. He's got a heck of a shot, is physical, and does indeed have good mitts. Moves well for his size. Mistake prone though and needs lots of refinement to his game to turn into an all three zones type of player.

Here's one:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad