OT: TBT -- To bring up morale...

Bones45

Dec 7, 2005
N/A
So many of you haven't been around since the last Cup.

But I have ..

I was 13 at the last Cup and was at the Parade. This pic was on Merrick Ave, up against Eisenhower Park. Remember it very well.With my friend Sue who got me into playing hockey and the Isles.

Laugh it up.. May it bring us some W's!!!! (wearing a Bourne 14 jersey!)

Last edited:

Doshell Propivo

Dec 5, 2005

But I have ..

I was 13 at the last Cup and was at the Parade. This pic was on Merrick Ave, up against Eisenhower Park. Remember it very well.With my friend Sue who got me into playing hockey and the Isles.

Are you the dude on the left?

CupHolders

Really Fries My Bananas!
Aug 8, 2006
Thanks for sharing. Got a sudden rush of nostalgia. Not just hockey either... Star Wars and ET movies, Atari, BMX Mongoose among many other things... growing up in the eighties rocked :yo:

MBossy22

Feb 9, 2015
Long Island, NY

But I have ..

:yo: Great pic, and such Memories. I was 11 at the last cup and remember it well. Was going to Islanders games with the biggest Isles fan I know (My Uncle) since I was about 8.

I had just started going to the games in 79, and really didnt understand the game. Just knew my uncle was a huge fan, and would take me to games. So the first 2 cups I was still learning , and getting into the game. By the time we won the last one I was so excited and into it. I guess I was spoiled since when i first start watching them and going to the games they were a really good team, and won 4 straight. I was spoiled to them winning...lol

Thanks for posting this!!

DRIVE FOR 5, LETS GO ISLANDERS!

lovegun

Jul 5, 2013
Sault Ste Marie
View attachment 80697

But I have ..

Awesome !!! 80-83 were my 4 years of high school, as those were incredible Islanders memories. For Those About To Rock, I Salute You. Lets Go Islanders !!! :yo:

rikker

Jun 6, 2003
Visit site
i was 19 when Bobby Ny scored the cup winning goal. jumped up off the couch and almost hit the ceiling with my head. it's lonely being an Isles fan here in Niagara, but i have no regrets.

i believe in the boys. i think they'll turn it around. they don't have much experience, but hey have great character, and it will be a big factor.

gonna beat the Pens in the first round ;)

lovegun

Jul 5, 2013
Sault Ste Marie
i was 19 when Bobby Ny scored the cup winning goal. jumped up off the couch and almost hit the ceiling with my head. it's lonely being an Isles fan here in Niagara, but i have no regrets.

i believe in the boys. i think they'll turn it around. they don't have much experience, but hey have great character, and it will be a big factor.

gonna beat the Pens in the first round ;)

I know how you feel, as there aren't many Isles fans here in the Sault, but its nice being a little different sometimes, with the majority of people here being Habs or Leafs fans. I agree with you, as we also have an early 80's winning tradition that hopefully this Islanders team can build on. I am an Islanders diehard, who refuses to give up on this team and this year, until someone beats us 4 times in the playoffs and it ain't happenin', so enjoy the ride :5:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad