Confirmed Trade: [TBL/NSH] Ryan McDonagh and 2024 4th round pick for 2025 2nd and 2024 7th round picks

BCNate

Apr 3, 2016
Nice trade for TBL. I thought McDonagh looked real good in our playoff series.

BHawk21

Mar 21, 2022
Cirelli to Toronto
Marner to Nashville
Stamkos Re-signs
Necas to Chicago
Kane to Boston
Lindholm to Boston
Reinhart Re-signs
Guentzel Re-signs
Marchessault Re-signs

Last edited:

chaser17

Dec 30, 2014
Even less money left for Stamkos, this could get interesting. Assumed he was a shoe in to be back until the salary cap was set for next year.

Captain Mountain

Formerly Captain Wolverine
Jun 6, 2010
This leaves Tampa with 5 mil in space with an 18 man roster. Gotta think Stamkos is gone. Otherwise there has to be cap traded elsewhere, and the only big ticket guys without full trade protection are Hagel, Cirelli, Hedman and Kucherov (though Hedman and Kucherov have Modified NTCs and it seems ridiculous to think trading teither would even by considered).

izzy

go
Apr 29, 2012
Nova Scotia
I didn't even realize you could trade right now lol.

I assume we will see Carrier re-sign now...McD has been really good though. Stastney or Del Gaizo ready for full-time LH slots next year?
you can make a trade whenever you want, but any players acquired after the deadline cannot play for you in the playoffs

theres been 1-2 times I think the last few years where teams acquired a fill in guy after the deadline for the remainder of the regular season until their players were healthy for ploffs, not sure if thats still allowed though

RogerRoger

Jul 23, 2013
I forgot McD was with Nashville and didn't get half the thread. Monday mornings are rough.

EveryDay

Jun 13, 2009
This leaves Tampa with 5 mil in space with an 18 man roster. Gotta think Stamkos is gone. Otherwise there has to be cap traded elsewhere, and the only big ticket guys without full trade protection are Hagel, Cirelli, Hedman and Kucherov (though Hedman and Kucherov have Modified NTCs and it seems ridiculous to think trading teither would even by considered).
Also no chance they trade a guy like Hagel who's 25 yo who produce over 70 pts this year. Only Cirelli left out of that group andquite frankly he's not worth 6+M per season, he's a 40pts player.

Stamkos is gone unless he accept a 2.5M contract to stay in TB but I don't think he is. He's going to cash in one last time for 3-4 years around 8-9M IMO.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad