Confirmed with Link: [TBL/NSH] Lightning reaquire Ryan McDonagh and a 2024 4th rd pick for a 2nd and 7th rd pick

Outl4w

Dec 16, 2011
FL
If we move our jeannot and sheary we get about 4.9 million in cap space.
If we move out Cirelli or Cernak we can save around 6 million each.
If we move perbix we save about two million.
If we move out Sergachev we save 8.5 million.
I am sure JBB is willing to explore options on trading any of those players, but the problem is finding a piece that can contribute now cheaply and/or future prospects or picks.

Last edited:

flying squirrel

Feb 11, 2019
Still in shock this took place!!! In our house, we joked how cool it would be to have McD back, or if Lightning never had given him away. We think that McD trade is where wheels started to falloff for Lightning: ANd if GM would've made other roster moves instead of trading McD, Lightning would've handled being covid flat-capped better than they did. No matter, we're happy McD is back and hopefully this redo helps Lightning 86 any bad karma gotten from player disrespects since McD trade.

Hate this, but does fan-base think Point has been "Mr. Playoff Point" since 3-peat attempt? Point seems to have lost motivation or abilities that made him pest-like around net. Point looked like his old self after trades, when Lightning went on 10-0-2 regular season run. That Point, who is pest-like, carries play with puck, going low where dirty goals are scored, and his defensive support shows up more. Who knows? Most think new trades additions made all the difference, but I think Point playing like "Mr. Playoffs", mattered just as much during 10-0-2 regular season run. Hoping this is just Point thinking Lightning not having goods to make "Legit" deep playoff runs, and he shouldn't waste body until Lightning does situation. This whole part of finding which player to shed, is part of game that stinks!!!!! Lightning have to many making top dolar on this team: This is not an easy choice at all, good luck and we wish front-office/players well during all this. Fans also.....

bov

Nov 13, 2010
Hedman-Raddysh
Sergachev-Perbix
McDonagh-Cernak

That's one of the best D in the NHL, although I could see one of the righties being dealt.

RussianGuyovich

Hella Ennui
Jan 2, 2007
1716401242461.jpeg

aylib

Mods are lame
Mar 26, 2002
St. Pete, FL
Still in shock this took place!!! In our house, we joked how cool it would be to have McD back, or if Lightning never had given him away. We think that McD trade is where wheels started to falloff for Lightning: ANd if GM would've made other roster moves instead of trading McD, Lightning would've handled being covid flat-capped better than they did. No matter, we're happy McD is back and hopefully this redo helps Lightning 86 any bad karma gotten from player disrespects since McD trade.

Hate this, but does fan-base think Point has been "Mr. Playoff Point" since 3-peat attempt? Point seems to have lost motivation or abilities that made him pest-like around net. Point looked like his old self after trades, when Lightning went on 10-0-2 regular season run. That Point, who is pest-like, carries play with puck, going low where dirty goals are scored, and his defensive support shows up more. Who knows? Most think new trades additions made all the difference, but I think Point playing like "Mr. Playoffs", mattered just as much during 10-0-2 regular season run. Hoping this is just Point thinking Lightning not having goods to make "Legit" deep playoff runs, and he shouldn't waste body until Lightning does situation. This whole part of finding which player to shed, is part of game that stinks!!!!! Lightning have to many making top dolar on this team: This is not an easy choice at all, good luck and we wish front-office/players well during all this. Fans also.....
Something is different about Points intensity/hustle/willingness to get involved and dirty.

NJBolt

May 1, 2024
If he wants more than 7, he can get it elsewhere
JBB appears to have signaled his plans. Stamkos current market value at age 34 should be what.....say $8-9 million for 3 years or something like that. And then what will he make after that? Maybe $1 or $2 million a year for 2-3 more years? That's what....$30-$33 million for the rest of his career?

So with the option of giving 8 year contracts and getting Salary Cap relief for those players injured or "retired" with LTIR, the contract will look like $8 million for 4 years and $1 million for 4 years. That's $36 million total. $4.5 AAV Win/Win for everybody.

Stamkos gets "injured" in year 4 or 5 and goes on LTIR. Sounds like the same plan JBB has for Hedman. Might be the same for McD if they are talking extending.

The question I have, is what is JBB's actual cap from Vinik. We saw what he was allowed with carrying Seabrook and Kucherov in 21' with the "$18 million over the cap" t-shirts.

Flat Ronnie

Feb 11, 2014
There is a 99% chance Stamkos is back with Tampa next year. All this talk about a 40 goal scorer leaving that has been the face of the franchise for over a decade confuses me.
You're being too logical

If he wants more than 7, he can get it elsewhere
Yeah, that's right. We're all cool with 6.5, BUT...if he wants 7.5 then he should kick rocks. Lol ok

Felonious Python

Minor League Degenerate
Aug 20, 2004
JBB appears to have signaled his plans. Stamkos current market value at age 34 should be what.....say $8-9 million for 3 years or something like that. And then what will he make after that? Maybe $1 or $2 million a year for 2-3 more years? That's what....$30-$33 million for the rest of his career?

So with the option of giving 8 year contracts and getting Salary Cap relief for those players injured or "retired" with LTIR, the contract will look like $8 million for 4 years and $1 million for 4 years. That's $36 million total. $4.5 AAV Win/Win for everybody.

Stamkos gets "injured" in year 4 or 5 and goes on LTIR. Sounds like the same plan JBB has for Hedman. Might be the same for McD if they are talking extending.

The question I have, is what is JBB's actual cap from Vinik. We saw what he was allowed with carrying Seabrook and Kucherov in 21' with the "$18 million over the cap" t-shirts.
The league does apparently try to make sure that LTIR players are actually injured, but it's not like we have draft picks the league can take away if we did fib.

Reactions: Coopers Gum

OffBy1

Aug 5, 2021
I wouldn't consider Hedman a lock to be the PP1 again. Who foresaw Serge taking over the PP1 after Hedman had his career year with 85 points?

I think the defense can work as is now. Hedman needs to play less minutes, so Serge could go back to PP1, which is what he does best. Hedman could be PP2 and spend more time on PK and double shift some at EV. Serge could double shift some for McD as well who will be 35 next season, so the minutes could be more balanced between the three of them.

It would be hard for me to say let's trade Serge (one of our youngest talented players) for the sake of the 2 year window when I see us having way too many holes at forward.

Let's pretend Stamkos signs for a wildly friendly deal (the 5 mil we have now). We still need a Duclair replacement, and two 3rd line level wingers for Paul - which Eyssimont, Jeannot and Sheary are clearly not. If we get rid of Jeannot, Sheary and Perbix, that gives us around 6 mil for those three spots? We'd need to find at least 2 diamonds in the rough. I don't think we can count on any forwards coming up from the Crunch to give us quality 2nd or 3rd minutes after what we saw from Merela, Goncalves, etc last year. And then we have a 2C who's not really a 2C, in spite of his career year 20 goal, 45 point regular season, followed by his -6 in 5 post season games.

There's a lot of problems to fix on the middle six lines and few resources to do it. But I would have never guessed we'd reacquire McD, so I'll just sit back and watch until the puck drops next season. rather than speculate on what JBB does next. My only point is I think Serge is the last of the 8 year triplets (Serge, Cirelli and Cernak) we should trade for the sake our of porthole window. When we finally retool, rewhatever, Serge could take over for Hedman, where we have literally no replacements in the system for any of our other core players.

BoneHutson

Mar 26, 2023
If we move our jeannot and sheary we get about 4.9 million in cap space.
If we move out Cirelli or Cernak we can save around 6 million each.
If we move perbix we save about two million.
If we move out Sergachev we save 8.5 million.
I am sure JBB is willing to explore options on trading any of those players, but the problem is finding a piece that can contribute now cheaply and/or future prospects or picks.
Hi, MTL fan coming in peace. We are currently looking to move some of our depth at D + insane amount of prospects for premium offensive pieces. Your comment about maybe trading Sergachev for a cheaper D + some future could make our teams a superb fit imo. Could something like Serge for Matheson + Struble OR Harris OR Beck + PIT 2025 2nd (likely top 45) make sense?

You save enough to sign Stamkos, get a top 4 dmen in his prime signed cheap for 2 more years coming from back to back amazing seasons + 2 young pieces including one that could fit in your lineup right away.

MTL has no use of Serge, it would be to flip him in a 3 way trade for a top 10 pick (maybe SEA) so that we can draft Iginla, Sennecke or Lindstrom there.

Stammertime91

TBL: TEAM OF THE CENTURY
Dec 13, 2011
Tampa: NHL's Newest Dynasty
I think our top D will be
Hedman Sergachev PP1/PP2/PK2
MacD Cernak PK1
Fleury Raddysh If Fleury resigns cheaply
Perbix
Lilleberg is probably in the plans. I think your top 4 is what they'll try with Serg open for one timers as the RD. Probably won't stick, but Lilleberg will be the 3LD/#7 (unless we keep Perbix. Raddysh will be slotted in a perfect position and provide a two way game we need. I think our defense is fine, it really can't take another dollar on it.

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009
Lilleberg is probably in the plans. I think your top 4 is what they'll try with Serg open for one timers as the RD. Probably won't stick, but Lilleberg will be the 3LD/#7 (unless we keep Perbix. Raddysh will be slotted in a perfect position and provide a two way game we need. I think our defense is fine, it really can't take another dollar on it.

Love me a Hedman-Sergachev pairing:

I think Sergachev slots in 3LD and rotates in here and there on RD, can't see him there full time when they've been trying to do so since his sophomore year and it hasn't worked. He's just way more comfortable on the left. Cooper's just going to have to do a lot management on those pairings.

• Haha
Reactions: Stammertime91

Stammertime91

TBL: TEAM OF THE CENTURY
Dec 13, 2011
Tampa: NHL's Newest Dynasty
Love me a Hedman-Sergachev pairing:

I think Sergachev slots in 3LD and rotates in here and there on RD, can't see him there full time when they've been trying to do so since his sophomore year and it hasn't worked. He's just way more comfortable on the left. Cooper's just going to have to do a lot management on those pairings.

Remember this one vividly. For sure, but I do think they'll try it once again to start the year.

I wonder why Lilleberg factors in because you if you don't put any of those three on the right, you wouldn't put him there for development either. So, it's kinda odd to limit their minutes for his sake. Our #7s have been RD when we had them as far as I can remember.

How many times do we have to see Sergachev shit the bed on the right side before everyone agrees he sucks at it?
I mean, you know they're gonna try it again. Just buy extra alcohol in preparation.

ccman68

Dec 9, 2017
we have seen in the past that putting hedman and sergachev together works so i don't really see a reason not to do it. sure the defense isn't gonna be great but at least in the regular season having them just dominate offensively can only be a good thing
Näyttökuva (34).png

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad