Confirmed Signing with Link: [TBL] F Jake Guentzel signs extension with the Lightning (7 years, $9M AAV)

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

NiagaraKraken

May 23, 2021
Niagara
Gotta respect Tampa management. See if they are correct letting Stamkos go to bring in Guentzel for way more money than Stammer would have demanded imo.

Legion34

Jan 24, 2006
You guys just wanna rename this the "taxes aren't fair" thread or what? Edmonton of all teams just nearly won the Cup. Chill the hell out. This isn't the difference you think it is. Jake is signing with Tampa because we made him priority even over our own first ballot HHOF captain, paid a 3rd and showed we are serious. Oh yeah, possibly winning a Cup helps too. But don't let that stop you from noticing all the other tax burdened teams making their signings today too.

You realize that

1.) Tampa has made everyone a priority over stamkos
2.) Carolina traded for him at the deadline showing they were serious
3.) BriseBois literally is directly quoted saying that he was going to use tax advantages to sign him right??

IMG_1121.jpeg

K Fleur

Sacrifice
Mar 28, 2014
Man I’m happy for Guentzel getting paid!

The guy rules. Will always be one of my favorite wingers ever.

Luigi Lemieux

Sep 26, 2003
Congrats to Jake and to the lightning. Hope both parties are successful. If the penguins were still good and in a position to compete I'd be totally ok with the deal.

Reactions: Outl4w

TGWL

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 28, 2011
I wonder if they tried to go 9.5x6 and just couldn't get it done for 6 years.

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
You realize that

3.) BriseBois literally is directly quoted saying that he was going to use tax advantages to sign him right??

View attachment 890484

Literally every team in the league had the chance to negotiate with Guentzel and no one took it but Tampa. That last part is him throwing shade at everyone who gripes about the system. Taxes didn't make these trades nor the Guentzel signing happen. They happened because he is a great GM

wej20

Aug 14, 2008
UK
Man that seems steeeeep.

I mean he's not underpaid for sure and obviously it is a 7 year deal (he'd have no reason to take any less) but he's a PPG winger who will give you 35-40 goals. He's also a PPG in the playoffs who is 6th in playoff goals since he came into the league.

Reactions: Zwui21

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
You realize that

View attachment 890484
I don't understand why this deal is considered an OMGTaxes deal. Domi just signed a huge sweetheart deal in Toronto. Someone finally gave the team a discount. OMGHometown

GoCanes2015

Oct 14, 2017
So Tampa now has 2 forward lines to speak of, 3-4 Dmen to speak of, 1 goalie to speak of, and 7 rosters spots to fill with $7,500,000 - I don't see them taking a step forward this year.

• Haha
Reactions: AHockeyFanatic

waitin425

Jan 10, 2009
Canada
I mean he's not underpaid for sure and obviously it is a 7 year deal (he'd have no reason to take any less) but he's a PPG winger who will give you 35-40 goals. He's also a PPG in the playoffs who is 6th in playoff goals since he came into the league.
I'm always a little hesitant with players who play alongside superstars. I know he continued that pace in Carolina, but I question how inflated some of those stats are with Crosby and Malkin. I suppose he will continue that with Point and Kuch

Legion34

Jan 24, 2006
Man, those Taxes really saved Tampa a lot of money there....

Literally every team in the league had the chance to negotiate with Guentzel and no one took it but Tampa. That last part is him throwing shade at everyone who gripes about the system. Taxes didn't make these trades nor the Guentzel signing happen. They happened because he is a great GM

What?
1.) clearly this isn’t true. Teams already get ideas who they are going to sign with. You make the deal and move on when you can

You think it was a complete shot in the dark? Really?

2.) you are I just deciding that he is being sarcastic. There is no evidence of this. Just like everyone told us Stevie Y was a master negotiator in Tampa. Now he is signing holl to 3.4 million dollars

Why do people lie about the most obvious clear things?

Luigi Lemieux

Sep 26, 2003
I'm always a little hesitant with players who play alongside superstars. I know he continued that pace in Carolina, but I question how inflated some of those stats are with Crosby and Malkin. I suppose he will continue that with Point and Kuch
Offensively he was pretty much Crosby's equal last year. He's legit, just wait and see.

DistantThunderRep

Mar 8, 2018
What?
1.) clearly this isn’t true. Teams already get ideas who they are going to sign with. You make the deal and move on when you can

You think it was a complete shot in the dark? Really?

2.) you are I just deciding that he is being sarcastic. There is no evidence of this. Just like everyone told us Stevie Y was a master negotiator in Tampa. Now he is signing holl to 3.4 million dollars

Why do people lie about the most obvious clear things?
:cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry:

• Love
Reactions: AlainVigneaultsGum

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad