Confirmed Signing with Link: [TBL] D Victor Hedman signs extension with the Lightning (4 years, $8M AAV; begins 2025-26)

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

More 2004

Stamkos Apologist
May 3, 2004
Tampa
Yeah...Do TB fans really feel that Stammer is the most important guy in franchise history?

Have trouble believing that when 86 is still around and putting up absurd numbers for a decade.
On 7/1/24 yes. The answer is yes. Stammer scored 555 goals in a Bolts sweater. Led the team as Captain to 2 cups. Spent 16 years in Tampa. He is not only the greatest Bolt in history. He is the greatest athlete in Tampa Bay sports history. Period.

Idiot Stick

Youre back on the case Bobrovsky!
Sponsor
Oct 22, 2023
You Got, Florida
On 7/1/24 yes. The answer is yes. Stammer scored 555 goals in a Bolts sweater. Led the team as Captain to 2 cups. Spent 16 years in Tampa. He is not only the greatest Bolt in history. He is the greatest athlete in Tampa Bay sports history. Period.
hard to argue against that but whenever i think of tampa bay i always think of the A-train

junyab

Jan 22, 2013
To be honest id much rather have hedman at 8x4 than Stamkos. Guentzel is objectively better than current Stamkos as well.

Still though I'd rather Stamkos over mcdonagh.

Kinda feel like Tampa should have just dumped cirelli and kept Stamkos. He's good but not 6.25 territory. They aren't that tight to the cap going forward and he has been the face of the franchise basically since he was drafted.

Maybe jbb wants kucherov to get the career records since he scouted him? Not that kuch wouldn't have overtaken him eventually anyways.

I think teams look at Florida and Vegas being ruthless and getting cups for it and think that's the only way. Copycat league.

Seriously WTF?

Aoko

Order has now fallen.
Dec 14, 2017
Good deal for Tampa. I guess hardball with Stamkos scared Hedman away from fighting over term.
If they cut Hedman too, I'd be so f***ing done with this organization. Still extremely bitter over them nickle and diming Stamkos.

Reactions: Sideline

The Macho King

Back* to Back** World Champion
Jun 22, 2011
Yeah...Do TB fans really feel that Stammer is the most important guy in franchise history?

Have trouble believing that when 86 is still around and putting up absurd numbers for a decade.
As the face of the franchise I can see the argument. On the ice it's 77 no contest, and you can also argue Vasi, MSL, and Kucherov over him.

BeingTheThunder

Jul 9, 2018
www.beingthethunder.com
As much as I like getting the deal done... this one comes with some heavy risks. Doesn't even start until after this year.
I'm not so sure the risks are that heavy. Any contract that's for decent money is a heavy risk. Given that Heddy is likely to remain a top 10 Dman in the league for the duration of this contract, barring injuries of course, and is going to be paid like the 25th to 30th highest paid D-man, I'd say the deal is pretty solid.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
I'm not so sure the risks are that heavy. Any contract that's for decent money is a heavy risk. Given that Heddy is likely to remain a top 10 Dman in the league for the duration of this contract, barring injuries of course, and is going to be paid like the 25th to 30th highest paid D-man, I'd say the deal is pretty solid.
Well, I agree in principle. I don't think Hedman is gonna be a top-10 defenseman at the end of this deal though. He will be 38 or 39. The deal doesn't start until the season after next. That said, I don't think it matters. Because as soon as he's not a top4, we should tear it down anyway.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad