Claimed off Waivers: TB claims Dumont

Korpse

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
Would Ottawa want to reclaim him if we sent him down next week? I don't know the exact day you need to have your AHL roster set but I can see him doing a conditioning stint then be send down in a week or two. No one else put a claim in so he's not too desired. If we wanted to make sure he goes right to Syracuse we could've not put a claim in and just traded for him once he cleared today.

I don’t think Ottawa would want him back tbh but I could very well be wrong on that.

toxic poster

Dec 24, 2017
Queen's
Would Ottawa want to reclaim him if we sent him down next week? I don't know the exact day you need to have your AHL roster set but I can see him doing a conditioning stint then be send down in a week or two. No one else put a claim in so he's not too desired. If we wanted to make sure he goes right to Syracuse we could've not put a claim in and just traded for him once he cleared today.
absolutely not. dorion gave boucher his pets and that experiment has not worked at all. just keeps young guys out of the lineup + Ryan is apparently coming back this week so Dumont would be sitting in the pressbox if he was here.

mouser

Business of Hockey
Jul 13, 2006
South Mountain
Dumont can't immediately get sent to Syracuse. He's been with Ottawa for too long that Tampa doesn't have the option to immediately send him to the minors, he has to be on the main roster. He will be on the main roster as they sent down Peca and Erne will go down once Palat comes back. Dumont will be sent down later in the season when you have to submit your AHL playoff lineup.

That would be incorrect. TB lost Dumont on waivers to Ottawa in November. Which means so long as Tampa was the only team to submit a waiver claim on Dumont this go around they can immediately assign him to the AHL without passing through waivers again.

Seeing as how only two teams are behind TB right now in waiver order--Vegas and Boston--it's pretty reasonable to assume Tampa is the only team to submit a claim.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad