Value of: Taylor Hall

Roof Daddy

Apr 1, 2008
I’d have to think the Devils lock him up for 2 reasons:

1) They did everything possible to improve the team in the off-season. Final result is TBD, but it has to send a message to Hall that they’re serious about building around him.

2) NJ is currently the only team that can dangle that 8th year. An extra year locked in at 10.5-11 is worth more than 11.5-12 over 7. When you consider his injury history, his agent should be selling the 8 year idea.

MichaelJ

May 20, 2013
What would be a realistic wish list from the Avs for Hall?

No idea what’s considered reasonable as an offer. I’d want at least two young assets/picks that can grow with the talent that’s already here. Who/what’s available?

ManofSteel55

Aug 15, 2013
Sylvan Lake, Alberta
Devils fans wish that he will sign for the Skinner contract....unfortunately, that is never going to happen as he is a way better player than Skinner

Also, I find it hilarious that there are Edmonton fans that think Hall is going to go back there.
Hoping. Not thinking. Hall as an Oiler is done. Even if he wanted to come back here, we can't afford the cap hit he deserves.

Richard88

John 3:16
Jun 29, 2019
He Will join the Colorado dynasty.

Landeskog - Mackinnon - Rantanen
Hall ————— Kadri —— Burakovsky
Wilson ——— Compher — Donskoi
Nieto ———- Bellemare — Calvert
Nichuskin

Girard - Makar
Bryam - EJ
Cole - Timmins
Rosen

A combination of Zadorov + Jost + Newhook/Kaut/Bowers + 2020 1st traded to acquire Hall

ChicksDigTheTrap

No quick fixes, no cutting corners and no cheating
Sep 16, 2018
Springsteen Country

Nichuskin

Girard - Makar
Bryam - EJ
Cole - Timmins
Rosen

A combination of Zadorov + Jost + Newhook/Kaut/Bowers + 2020 1st traded to acquire Hall
Sounds good to me.

awegrzyn

Jun 17, 2014
One of the most overrated players in NHL. Devils made a mistake of not getting rid of him when he was valued high last year. Kid had 1 good season in NHL. That's it. His only worth is his mysticism about drafting #1 players, but I'm not sure that's the way to go either.

Don't get me wrong, I like his hockey, but I'm about building a team, not buying superstars. I don't want any stars on my team to be honest. I want a team. I will rather have another second line for the money he is going to cost.

This catering to him (improving the team so he signs with us) is pretty submissive also. Screw that, I don't think the Devils are that stupid. They should ignore him actually.

Zajacs Bowl Cut

Lets Go Baby
Nov 6, 2005
PA
One of the most overrated players in NHL. Devils made a mistake of not getting rid of him when he was valued high last year. Kid had 1 good season in NHL. That's it. His only worth is his mysticism about drafting #1 players, but I'm not sure that's the way to go either.

Don't get me wrong, I like his hockey, but I'm about building a team, not buying superstars. I don't want any stars on my team to be honest. I want a team. I will rather have another second line for the money he is going to cost.

This catering to him (improving the team so he signs with us) is pretty submissive also. Screw that, I don't think the Devils are that stupid. They should ignore him actually.

Or, you know, they improved the team to improve the team.

They didn't improve the team to appease one player.

awegrzyn

Jun 17, 2014
I don't think they improved the team.
NJ starts to remind me of Edmonton.

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
If he wasn’t a porcelain doll he would get 11M easily. Problem is that he’s in his 10th NHL season and only one has been a full season. Teams will be scared. He’ll still get paid but I have a feeling he isn’t quite going to get Panarin’s contract.

Devilsfan118

Sing us a song, you're the Schiano man
Jun 11, 2010
NJ
I still think this gets done before the end of November - 8 x 10.5M +/- 500k.

That said, I know I was scared shitless when Hall got his bell rung the other night against Buffalo. If Hall isn't resigned before the end of the calendar year I think you trade him ASAP before he gets hurt and the Devils are unable to trade him.

Reactions: Oilers Propagandist

TorontoTrades

Feb 4, 2012

Nichuskin

Girard - Makar
Bryam - EJ
Cole - Timmins
Rosen

Keep in mind it would be rental price for Hall if he's traded. Unless it's a sign and trade which I think Sakic is smart enough to say we'll pay rental price or try our luck in FA.

JT Kreider

FIRE GORDIE CLARK
Dec 24, 2010
NYC
I’d have to think the Devils lock him up for 2 reasons:

1) They did everything possible to improve the team in the off-season. Final result is TBD, but it has to send a message to Hall that they’re serious about building around him.

2) NJ is currently the only team that can dangle that 8th year. An extra year locked in at 10.5-11 is worth more than 11.5-12 over 7. When you consider his injury history, his agent should be selling the 8 year idea.

At this point I think the 8th year is pretty unimportant

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
Keep in mind it would be rental price for Hall if he's traded. Unless it's a sign and trade which I think Sakic is smart enough to say we'll pay rental price or try our luck in FA.
That’s even too much to give up with an extension.

Mark Stone would be the best example of a potential trade return for Hall if he’s traded with an extension. Expect even less if it’s as a pure rental.

Great prospect + 2nd + depth player.

Newhook + 2nd + Nieto would be comparable to the stone trade. If no extension it would likely be a lesser prospect than Newhook.

Papa Francouz

Nov 25, 2013
Denver, CO
That’s even too much to give up with an extension.

Mark Stone would be the best example of a potential trade return for Hall if he’s traded with an extension. Expect even less if it’s as a pure rental.

Great prospect + 2nd + depth player.

Newhook + 2nd + Nieto would be comparable to the stone trade. If no extension it would likely be a lesser prospect than Newhook.
Whoa. YOU, of all people, would be willing to trade a Newfie for a porcelain doll?

Kamiccolo

Truly wonderful, the mind of a child is.
Aug 30, 2011
Undisclosed research facility
As I've maintained, the Devils should have dealt him at the draft for whatever they could get. Anyone who commits anything over 4 years to him is insane, and god help the team if that number is over 9M.

He's still a good player but his body is already breaking down on him in his 20's and can't stay healthy. You will always need to budget that 9M + to your roster and he won't be there half the time and in the playoffs.

Just my opinion. Devils would be smart to sell on him. Longer they wait the worse asset management it is. God help them if they ink him to that kind of deal to get him to stay.

Smartguy

May 3, 2010
Edmonton
If he wasn’t a porcelain doll he would get 11M easily. Problem is that he’s in his 10th NHL season and only one has been a full season. Teams will be scared. He’ll still get paid but I have a feeling he isn’t quite going to get Panarin’s contract.

He will get paid, but agreed term is going to be the issue, there is no way he will be ageing well with the injuries he’s already sustained. I could definitely see teams doing 10.5 or higher in the 4-5 year range. I’ll be shocked if a team goes for 11-11.5 in the 7 years.

I think he sticks with the devils if they make the playoffs. He’s said countless times he just wants to win after what he went through in Edmonton and minimal playoff hockey in New Jersey. Hence why I think he will take a lower term and less then Panarin if the team on the other end of that line is a legit contender.

For all those Edmonton fans I think that’s a pipe dream he ends up back here, I don’t even think he’s over the fact he got traded. The only way I can see him coming is that he thinks, like the generational talents before him, that Mcdavid is going to have to win a cup at some point in the next 7 ish years.

BudBundy

May 16, 2005
As an Oilers fan, I’m still livid/heartbroken over the trade. I do wish that my fellow fans would drop the notion that Hall is coming back. We simply cannot afford Hall, even if he were remotely interested in coming back. For Devils fans, please try to be understanding. Imagine in a few years the Devils show promise but are falling short of the playoffs. Shero attempts to goose your rebuild/loses his mind and trades Hughes, whom fans adore, for Brett Pesche. Lots of you would hold out faint hope of Hughes returning too.

Last edited:
Reactions: My3Sons

Halla

Jan 28, 2016
a player with a career high of 63pts is a pretty terrible comparison for a former MVP

Panarin would be the comprable. if the devils dont wanna pay 11-12, someone else will

Halla

Jan 28, 2016
See if I'm a Leafs fan I'm expecting one of those flashy forwards to get traded for an upgrade on the blueline.
Edmonton has Drai and McDavid driving the top 6 and Hopkins is there too, but his price tag will never be in the same league as them. Might get a tiny bit more than Nylander just because he'll be UFA on his next contract.

the only flashy forward that has a chance to get moved is kapanen...or maybe johnsson. luckily the leafs arent burdened with awful contracts to bottom 6/ 3rd pairing dmen, so they have the flexibility to get things done

thadd

Oil4Life
Jun 9, 2007
Canada
the only flashy forward that has a chance to get moved is kapanen...or maybe johnsson. luckily the leafs arent burdened with awful contracts to bottom 6/ 3rd pairing dmen, so they have the flexibility to get things done

I'm not convinced that's going to be the case, but we'll see. I'm pretty sure the cap has to jump up at a faster rate than we've seen over the past few years for them to be able to keep their best forwards and also have a good enough blueline to make noise in the playoffs.

awegrzyn

Jun 17, 2014
You realize this is factually incorrect, right?

Delusional.

That's your opinion. Picking up washed up players and not developing anyone for about 10 years now is being "random" at best.
It does not matter if one player is better than the other from one season to the other. The DNA of the team is not there and won't be there for years it seems. The turnover was/is just wrong. We have not been able to draft (#1 overall don't count) and develop players like others.

Back to Hall, get rid of him no matter what.

Reactions: Oilers Propagandist

Zajacs Bowl Cut

Lets Go Baby
Nov 6, 2005
PA
That's your opinion. Picking up washed up players and not developing anyone for about 10 years now is being "random" at best.
It does not matter if one player is better than the other from one season to the other. The DNA of the team is not there and won't be there for years it seems. The turnover was/is just wrong. We have not been able to draft (#1 overall don't count) and develop players like others.

Back to Hall, get rid of him no matter what.

so Subban, Gusev, and Hughes are "washed"? Good to know!

Devils drafting the past 3-4 years since Shero and Castron took over has actually been quite good.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad