Value of: Taylor Hall & Jordan Eberle Oilers Reunion?

ManofSteel55

Aug 15, 2013
Sylvan Lake, Alberta
At the deadline, I was interested in the Oil making a move for Eberle, but he's happy in Seattle and re-signed there, and we just picked up Arvidsson and Skinner, and extended Henrique, so we're fine too. I don't have much interest in Hall. Too many injuries. I'm already concerned about some of the guys on our roster staying healthy when it counts, I don't want to add someone else.

Reactions: DingDongCharlie

DingDongCharlie

Sep 12, 2010
I'd rather have Kane's cap space available next season. Hall is a better all around player than Kane today, too.

That said, a trade like that would be a waste of limited assets that should be used to shore up the bottom six depth and the top four D.

He hasn't even been playing to be able to make that statement. We have no idea what Taylor Hall is going to be like in his return this year. I'm a Hall fan and have wanted him back for years. At this point I just don't see the upside in switching out Kane for Hall.

It's a valid point about Kane's cap hit next season. If Kane needs to be moved, so be it. From reports he's not interested in going so until the NTC switches we pretty much are a given to have him in the lineup if healthy.

Matty Sundin

Jul 18, 2006
I feel like they’d rather have the guy they traded for Hall back than Taylor Hall himself right now. Hall is in the twilight of his career now most likely.

Reactions: ManofSteel55

guzzy

Jul 6, 2005
Eberle hates the Oilers. Maybe that has changed after seven years, but I doubt it.

Ask him how many golf balls he drove through his basement drywall after they told him they were trading him in 2017.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad