Value of: Taylor Hall & Jordan Eberle Oilers Reunion?

steveayres35

Apr 27, 2018
I'm not sure if Seattle or Chicago would ever consider trading Hall & Eberle back to Edmonton, even though Edmonton shouldn't make any changes to their current forward group (IMO) since they've been doing well ever since they both left.

However, I'm not sure if Edmonton would trade any of their current players, prospects, and/or draft picks for Hall & Eberle.

Furthermore, since Hyman has improved, I'm assuming Hall & Eberle would play better with McDavid & Draisaitl as well? This idea may work if Hall & Eberle were traded to Edmonton as pending UFA's to help their playoff chances...

• Haha
Reactions: Haatley

belair

Win it for Ben!
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
A Kane for Hall retained swap might net Chicago a decent haul--pun intended. But it would do little to improve Edmonton's roster knowing Hall and Skinner fill the same role at this point in their respective careers.

Ebs will always be an Oiler, too. But he found himself a home in Seattle.

Xirik

Sep 24, 2014
Alberta
I don't know, won't Hall and McDavid clash over leadership? It was one of the reasons they traded Hall to NJ in the first place wasn't it?

Took a pill in Sbisa

2showToffoliIwascool
Apr 23, 2004
Australia
A Kane for Hall retained swap might net Chicago a decent haul--pun intended. But it would do little to improve Edmonton's roster knowing Hall and Skinner fill the same role at this point in their respective careers.

No chance the Hawks organization even considers bringing in Kane

Reactions: Mrfenn92

McHelpus

Jan 16, 2021
Tbh Hall and Eberle aren't really what they need. They could use another Center but other than that, the forwards are pretty much full.

DingDongCharlie

Sep 12, 2010
That ship has sailed. Oilers don’t need either and any improvement or cap usage needs to be used on D.

Reactions: zar

DingDongCharlie

Sep 12, 2010

I’d rather have Kane’s skill set personally.

DingDongCharlie

Sep 12, 2010
What's up with kanes hand and sports hernia tho

No idea honestly but we’d be well served to add him to LTIR if we can. Would give the team the opportunity cap wise to sign Holloway and Broberg and if Kane can come back healthy dump Ceci. If not, we avoid needing to address the cap, least not until the clubs starts thinking deadline upgrade.

belair

Win it for Ben!
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
I’d rather have Kane’s skill set personally.
I'd rather have Kane's cap space available next season. Hall is a better all around player than Kane today, too.

That said, a trade like that would be a waste of limited assets that should be used to shore up the bottom six depth and the top four D.

Khelandros

Feb 12, 2019
Eberle signed a two year extension with Seattle
Hall can be retained by the hawks as a trade deadline deal. But not sure why the oilers want to go down that path after signing skinner and Arvidsson
Skinner = "5'-10'" ??? (doubt) 200lbs (bigger doubt)
Arvidsson = "5'-11"" ??? (doubt) 185 lbs
Hall - 6'-1" 210 lbs

Not sure why the Oilers would be interested in Hall over those two.

Attachments

• 1723425755205.png
    1723425755205.png
    174.1 KB · Views: 2

GhostfaceWu

Shi Shaw
Feb 11, 2015
I'd rather have Kane's cap space available next season. Hall is a better all around player than Kane today, too.

That said, a trade like that would be a waste of limited assets that should be used to shore up the bottom six depth and the top four D.
That is a bottom six fit though. Hall henrique holloway would make for a hell of a better third line.

Jumptheshark

Rebooting myself
Oct 12, 2003
Somewhere on Uranus
I'm not sure if Seattle or Chicago would ever consider trading Hall & Eberle back to Edmonton, even though Edmonton shouldn't make any changes to their current forward group (IMO) since they've been doing well ever since they both left.

However, I'm not sure if Edmonton would trade any of their current players, prospects, and/or draft picks for Hall & Eberle.

Furthermore, since Hyman has improved, I'm assuming Hall & Eberle would play better with McDavid & Draisaitl as well? This idea may work if Hall & Eberle were traded to Edmonton as pending UFA's to help their playoff chances...

and just how do the oilers afford them?

Larry Hanson

Aug 1, 2020
Oldest team in the league.
Hey, let's add a couple of guys in their 30's!

That's ignoring their combined 10.75M in cap.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad