Tavares, what are you doing? Endorsements?

therealkoho

Him/Leaf/fan
Jul 10, 2009
the Prior
Are there any studies that support EMF blocking? (clueless here).

Also, it is crazy to see how many people are upset with a potentially (and likely) useless product being pushed over something like Wheaties which is bad for people's health.

I'd rather Tavares push something weird like this than McDavid pushing betting sites (BetMGM).

The selective outrage is weird here... And for the record, I think this is a stupid endorsement.
Why yes, there isn't!

Rare Jewel

Patience
Jan 11, 2007
Leaf Land
Yeah, only the government is allowed to hawk pseudo-science. Have they been able to define a biological woman yet? As for the 5G stuff, there was a buried story a few years ago about teachers getting sick from working near one of the towers. Look for it, I believe it was TDSB staff. Also, look into wind turbines, the noise pollution they create, and how it can affect people and animals. I don't believe in this product and would never buy it but dismissing people's concerns and blindly putting your trust in the 'authorities', especially after Covid is just utter stupidity.
And what if the authorities are Doctors?

Or, nah, they're all government shills like that Faucci fraud, right?

FFS...

HamiltonNHL

Resigning Marner == Running it back
Jan 4, 2012

fairly balanced approach to EMF.

If you do feel EMF radiation is bad for you, you definitely could never go outside as the sun emits MMMUUUUCCCCHHH more powerful radiation.

1729205485502.png

The sun is 100,000 times more powerful and damaging than Wifi.

That's a big difference.

Last edited:

MK78

Apr 8, 2023
I'd rather Tavares push something weird like this than McDavid pushing betting sites (BetMGM).
Marner is on some betting site ad too. He doesnt say anything just bounce a puck off his stick but its the same thing...

Didn't Ontario ban the participation of athletes & celebrities in betting ads?

Mr_Fun

Find me sombaty to love.
Oct 7, 2006
BC

fairly balanced approach to EMF.

If you do feel EMF radiation is bad for you, you definitely could never go outside as the sun emits MMMUUUUCCCCHHH more powerful radiation.

View attachment 917863

The sun is 100,000 times more powerful and damaging than Wifi.

That's a big difference.

My guess is that this amulet crap works enough on a micro level that a quack or two can claim it actually does something. Overall - in the real world - it does less than bugger all.

HamiltonNHL

Resigning Marner == Running it back
Jan 4, 2012
My guess is that this amulet crap works enough on a micro level that a quack or two can claim it actually does something. Overall - in the real world - it does less than bugger all.
Something to the effect that metal blocks the radiation. Which it does. And so would 9 pennies

Reactions: Mr_Fun

MilkofthePoppy

Oct 27, 2022
And what if the authorities are Doctors?

Or, nah, they're all government shills like that Faucci fraud, right?

FFS...

Doctors once stated that cigarettes had no impact on someone's health. Doctors also told you you didn't need to mask, then you did, and then you didn't, and that Covid wasn't transmitted in a restaurant if you got in with your "Vaccine Passport". They also said it didn't come from a lab.

I respect medical professionals, but like any other profession, it is politicized, corporatized, and monetized. During the height of the pandemic one of the 'experts' was a disgraced high school teacher.

Jojalu

Feb 22, 2019
Doctors once stated that cigarettes had no impact on someone's health. Doctors also told you you didn't need to mask, then you did, and then you didn't, and that Covid wasn't transmitted in a restaurant if you got in with your "Vaccine Passport". They also said it didn't come from a lab.

I respect medical professionals, but like any other profession, it is politicized, corporatized, and monetized. During the height of the pandemic one of the 'experts' was a disgraced high school teacher.
The biggest scandel to me was when a lot of them sold out to Big Pharma and over prescibed opiods to a bunch of people with minor injuries.

I try to give the benefit of the doubt and hope maybe some were misled by falsified research, but any time big money is involved it seems like some malarky is too

BobClarkesfrontteeth

Feb 6, 2020
Parts unknown
I'll simplify for it you. Tavares is a role model to a lot kids. Promoting this sort of nonsense might give kids the impression that it's real. This has nothing to do with my entitlement it's about Tavares being an unethical and pathetic role model.
Again this is you imposing your opinions onto not only Tavares but now children that my view Tavares as a role model. Him believing in this psuedo technology does not make him pathetic or even unethical. Children (kids are baby goats) have thier parents to help guide them from the pratfalls of life and failing that I always found the best lessons in life were the hardest ones.

Reactions: supermann_98

BobClarkesfrontteeth

Feb 6, 2020
Parts unknown
I mean, that's fine for you, but people will buy this because of him and the brand association with the Leafs, and frankly, it is embarrassing. Not as much for the club because that's not their job to find these opportunities for the players, but definitely for him and whoever is connecting him to these people.

Especially considering he doesn't need the money; he's just coming off a $77m contract that, due to its structure, avoided quite a lot of taxation to boot.

I don't mind the players seeking these endorsements, but make sure they're reputable and medically proven and not backed by a grifting sex pest in the case of his amulet.
Again why do you care? You are worried about the fool being parted from his money? If he didn't spend it on some magic amulet he is spending it on some other magic beans.
As for Tavares if he can sleep all comfy in his pajamas at night then so be it. We as fans should only care about how he plays on the ice and how he effects his teammate's performance. After that we as fans need to start staying in our lane and need to have better critical thinking than to think "oh this magic light heal Johnny T it must be good".

MilkofthePoppy

Oct 27, 2022
The biggest scandel to me was when a lot of them sold out to Big Pharma and over prescibed opiods to a bunch of people with minor injuries.

I try to give the benefit of the doubt and hope maybe some were misled by falsified research, but any time big money is involved it seems like some malarky is too

You are smart and well-read. There are good doctors and bad doctors. Just like in any other profession, it is important to find principled people, not shills. Unfortunately, Covid lifted the wool from many people's eyes. Anyway, I apologize for my diatribe. The last thing I want to do is argue with my fellow Leaf brothers. Hopefully whatever this thing is helps Tavares pot 50 goals and win a Cup.

Last edited:
Reactions: ThrowDemTongs

Squiffy

Victims, rn't we all
Oct 21, 2006
Toronto
It’s pretty weird, let’s be honest. Outside the box of what you expect to see as an endorsement commercial in Canada, I don’t know what they get down US.

Whatever money they tossed, I know I wouldn’t say no. But I don’t make 11 sheets otherwise either to have the chance to choose.

Should ditch it all in all.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad