Speculation: Tavares Tells Toronto, "I'm YOUR Huckleberry Now". Fans leaguewide mourn.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xerloris

reckless optimism
Jun 9, 2015
St.Louis
Does he have to?

If he says Armstrong is the best and this team totally has no issues and is absolutely lethal, would you be satisfied?

You can't swing from one extreme to the other. Right now his posts make more sense coming from a Blackhawk fan than a Blues fan. That's how negative he is.

Don't get me wrong I totally understand being down on the team sometimes but damn man, all the time?

Evocable Manager

Apr 20, 2016
St. Louis
You can't swing from one extreme to the other. Right now his posts make more sense coming from a Blackhawk fan than a Blues fan. That's how negative he is.

Don't get me wrong I totally understand being down on the team sometimes but damn man, all the time?

I was being sarcastic...

Is he negative or just passionate with a different mindset of the situation?

This is rather OT. So I'll leave it at that.

As for Tavares, Subban is his best friend so I wouldn't be shocked to see him in Nashville.

The Note in MI

Bow to the pyramid
Aug 21, 2013
Muskegon, MI
The question for me is does it take a Schwartz or fabbri ++ to get him in sign an trade?
If we get him at the tdl as a rental what's that going to cost? High level prospect + mid level + 1st?

Evocable Manager

Apr 20, 2016
St. Louis
I'd go as far as Fabbri+Thompson+Schmaltz+Mikkola

We don't have a 1st, unless NYI is good with 2019, then remove Schmaltz and Mikkola and replace them with a 1st

Ranksu

Crotch Academy ftw
Sponsor
Apr 28, 2014
Lapland
I'd go as far as Fabbri+Thompson+Schmaltz+Mikkola

We don't have a 1st, unless NYI is good with 2019, then remove Schmaltz and Mikkola and replace them with a 1st

Rather trade Lindbohm then Mikkola, 'cus he has much higher ceiling and current curve he'll be at least bottom pair dmen. Give Lindbohm few week time in up and increase his value or show up to every team what kind of he's and trade him at TDL.

I would hold on Mikkola like crazy if we've change for throw guy like Lindbohm. Mikkola will be eye-opener to NA when he arrives there.

Last edited:

Evocable Manager

Apr 20, 2016
St. Louis
Rather trade Lindbohm then Mikkola, 'cus he has much higher ceiling and current curve he'll be at least bottom pair dmen. Give Lindbohm few week time in up and increase his value or show up to every team what kind of he's and trade him at TDL.

I would hold on Mikkola like crazy if we've change for throw guy like Lindbohm. Mikkola will be eye-opener to NA when he arrives there.

Obviously we would do that if the option is there but Lindbohm has minimal value.

Keep in mind, Dunn and Walman leave little room for Mikkola plus Edmundson is still young. There's not much room for him down the road.

Ranksu

Crotch Academy ftw
Sponsor
Apr 28, 2014
Lapland
Obviously we would do that if the option is there but Lindbohm has minimal value.

Keep in mind, Dunn and Walman leave little room for Mikkola plus Edmundson is still young. There's not much room for him down the road.

Yes, we'll see.

The guy whom spot most likely Mikkola will challenge is Edmundson. Can't wait to see Mikkola play in Yeo's offensive minded game, he's perfect fit for it.

But I get the point where we can afford to trade him away, like Lindbohm too, but I hate to see him get burned in AHL like Lindbohm did and eventually kill his developement. Trade that kind of guy away if you don't see him as a future player in NHL level and get something in return.

Last edited:

Majorityof1

Mar 6, 2014
Central Florida
Wow you guys are unforgiving.

He wakes/stays up at crazy hours to watch the team play. He takes time out of his life to post on a message board and mainly on the Blues section.

He has his opinions and they can be out of the park but that's what he truly thinks. I appreciate how he has the balls to post what he wants in spite of the ridicule he deals with. Oh my someone isn't hippity skippity positive and doesn't like the current management group. He thinks this way because he's passionate about the team. Not because he hates the team.

#TeamRanksu

I have stood up for Ranksu's fan status on numerous occasions, but the post that sparked this latest questioning is beyond the pale for a fan. Its not complaining about something that happened, or predicted failure as most likely to happen, its actually rooting for something bad to happen to the team. He said it would be epic if the Blues lost out on a much needed player, and a division rival got him, just to watch fellow fans be upset by it. That is not something a fan ever does or says. If he said, "watch Tavares sign with Nashville and we'd all be sad", that's negative but its still a fan. But he's saying that will be epic, or awesome or a really good thing. Unless Tavares is secretly team cancer, I cannot see how a Blues fan would think that epic.

PiggySmalls

Oink Oink MF
Mar 7, 2015
As for Tavares, Subban is his best friend so I wouldn't be shocked to see him in Nashville.

Nashville even with their deep run last year is still a budget team. They have all this cap space year in and year out because Poile has an internal cap. Signing JT to a market value contract will really hinder their ability to resign alot of other players in the near future.

TK 421

Barbashev eats babies pass it on
Sep 12, 2007
I'd Love to get JT, but, I still see it as a Pipe Dream.

It's been quite a while since the Blues had what most of us consider a true top line center so I completely empathize with your feeling that we may as well be talking about unicorns.

My 1st thought when I heard rumblings of Tavares potentially wanting out was "Nahh, nobody let's a franchise center walk." But as I read up on the situation it became clear it was much more complicated than that.

Sadly for Islander fans it's a distinct possibility with the arena situation, poor attendance and lack of success on the ice all playing a role as potential reasons Tavares may choose to move on. I saw one Islanders fan recently intimate that both the current ownership and previous owner Charles Wang are/were primarily interested in real estate developments and that Snow hasn't had to be accountable. Apparently he also has a 13 million dollar 4th line going on as well which is both sad and hilarious. I highly recommend you read the "Thoughts on the Islanders" thread on the main board. It's like a horror story mixed with a funeral.

simon IC

Sponsor
Sep 8, 2007
Canada
It's been quite a while since the Blues had what most of us consider a true top line center so I completely empathize with your feeling that we may as well be talking about unicorns.

My 1st thought when I heard rumblings of Tavares potentially wanting out was "Nahh, nobody let's a franchise center walk." But as I read up on the situation it became clear it was much more complicated than that.

Sadly for Islander fans it's a distinct possibility with the arena situation, poor attendance and lack of success on the ice all playing a role as potential reasons Tavares may choose to move on. I saw one Islanders fan recently intimate that both the current ownership and previous owner Charles Wang are/were primarily interested in real estate developments and that Snow hasn't had to be accountable. Apparently he also has a 13 million dollar 4th line going on as well which is both sad and hilarious. I highly recommend you read the "Thoughts on the Islanders" thread on the main board. It's like a horror story mixed with a funeral.
I completely agree! I have been on the NYI boards, and I must say they have a good number of informed, insightful, educated and thoughtful posters. They are a really good bunch! But the general feeling there is far from positive. I almost feel guilty at the seemingly increasing likelihood of Tavares being available. That franchise is in trouble. I feel for their fans.

MortiestOfMortys

Jun 27, 2015
Denver, CO
I completely agree! I have been on the NYI boards, and I must say they have a good number of informed, insightful, educated and thoughtful posters. They are a really good bunch! But the general feeling there is far from positive. I almost feel guilty at the seemingly increasing likelihood of Tavares being available. That franchise is in trouble. I feel for their fans.

If only these boards existed when Hull went to Dallas.... of all ****ing places. The meltdown threads would be epic.

God I miss seeing that guy play hockey, he was incredible. Totally off topic, don't mind me

simon IC

Sponsor
Sep 8, 2007
Canada
I have stood up for Ranksu's fan status on numerous occasions, but the post that sparked this latest questioning is beyond the pale for a fan. Its not complaining about something that happened, or predicted failure as most likely to happen, its actually rooting for something bad to happen to the team. He said it would be epic if the Blues lost out on a much needed player, and a division rival got him, just to watch fellow fans be upset by it. That is not something a fan ever does or says. If he said, "watch Tavares sign with Nashville and we'd all be sad", that's negative but its still a fan. But he's saying that will be epic, or awesome or a really good thing. Unless Tavares is secretly team cancer, I cannot see how a Blues fan would think that epic.
I really enjoy the sense of community, even belonging, on this board. Sure, things can get salty when we disagree, (as we often do), but that is part of the enjoyment. But when a post gleefully anticipates the disappointment/sadness/angst of fellow posters in the event of transaction detrimental to the team, it is not unreasonable for fellow posters to react in a hostile manner. When the replies ensue, the offending poster replies with self-pitying posts about being "bashed" for simply voicing his/her opinions. This might be a misunderstanding on the part of the OP. I find this difficult to deal with, and recently have declined to respond, but I found Majorityof1's post very insightful and I felt compelled to reply. Perhaps we can work on a way to more clearly define our boundaries. Perhaps we need to keep in mind cultural differences and language barriers in our online interaction. These are just some ideas I thought might be useful for further dialogue on our board.

Dbrownss

Jan 5, 2014
I really enjoy the sense of community, even belonging, on this board. Sure, things can get salty when we disagree, (as we often do), but that is part of the enjoyment. But when a post gleefully anticipates the disappointment/sadness/angst of fellow posters in the event of transaction detrimental to the team, it is not unreasonable for fellow posters to react in a hostile manner. When the replies ensue, the offending poster replies with self-pitying posts about being "bashed" for simply voicing his/her opinions. This might be a misunderstanding on the part of the OP. I find this difficult to deal with, and recently have declined to respond, but I found Majorityof1's post very insightful and I felt compelled to reply. Perhaps we can work on a way to more clearly define our boundaries. Perhaps we need to keep in mind cultural differences and language barriers in our online interaction. These are just some ideas I thought might be useful for further dialogue on our board.

Your not giving the poster enough credit. It's trolling, they post something devisive to get reactions out of other poster. Then 2 things happen, they sit back and dont reply when challanged on their "opinion" or they climb up on a cross and complain every one is against them.

Majorityof1 has no problem challenging or answering a challenge over a post/opinion. Heck even Dizee will adamantly defend their position. I dont see them throw a pitty party

Stopsight

Oct 9, 2013
Hawaii
I was being sarcastic...

Is he negative or just passionate with a different mindset of the situation?

This is rather OT. So I'll leave it at that.

1322783349676_ORIGINAL.jpg

Blues got as good a chance as anyone i think (except for NYI)

BleedBlue14

UrGeNcY
Feb 9, 2017
St. Louis
Nashville even with their deep run last year is still a budget team. They have all this cap space year in and year out because Poile has an internal cap. Signing JT to a market value contract will really hinder their ability to resign alot of other players in the near future.

I can see the budget going away with the success and hype that was brought about this year. I'm sure their sales are wayyy up but this is all with no facts based on my end

Brian39

Apr 24, 2014

I'm not too sure that Nashville will be a 'budget team' for the next few years. They made more money than ever with the playoff run last year and have a good enough team to comfortably rely on getting 3-6 home playoff games' worth of revenue. The Cup run brought amazing press to that city and right now is the time to cement Nashville as a hockey town and not a flash in the pan. Poile may not have the authority to spend to the cap without ownership approval, but I'd be stunned if he had a rigid internal budget that can't move if there is an opportunity to bring in a true elite player. I don't think there is any chance that they would have signed Bonino if they had an internal cap well below the salary cap.

Soundgarden

Jul 22, 2008
Spring Hill, TN

Nashville is not a budget team and they haven't been one for almost a decade. We have no internal cap, we just make smart signings.

That being said, I don't think we'd have enough cap space to sign JT, but I could be wrong.

wannabebluesplayer

Apr 16, 2012
Nashville is not a budget team and they haven't been one for almost a decade. We have no internal cap, we just make smart signings.

That being said, I don't think we'd have enough cap space to sign JT, but I could be wrong.

What scares me is Nashville is going to acquire Duchene. I sincerely hope Colorado doesn't trade him w/in the division. Unless it's to the Blues of course ;)

PiggySmalls

Oink Oink MF
Mar 7, 2015

Well I'm going off of what friends from that area have relayed. Since 2010 Predator's owners have had to kick-in $56 Million dollars worth of capital and what about the lingering $250 Million lawsuit that Freeman brought against the Club? Last I heard anything about it was that the case was heading to an NHL Arbitrator. Do you know the outcome of that?

BlueDream

Aug 30, 2011
At this point Colorado is going to take the best defenseman they can get. If Nashville finally would decide to trade Ekholm, they'd get Duchene. I highly doubt Colorado cares about what division the team is in anymore. They need to get a good player for him.

I see this scenario as way more likely than them signing Tavares. After the contract they gave Johansen, I don't see them giving Tavares a huge deal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Ad

Ad