• Zibanejad

Votes: 77 80.2%

• Total voters

HockeyVirus

Woll stan.
Nov 15, 2020
Tavares needs a miracle

He doesnt look like he shluld be in the NHL as of Oct 20 2024

Dude is 34 years old, but looks worse than 2021 Joe Thornton did for the leafs in a small 5 game sample size

He was also bad for most of last year and horrific vs the bruins

This is a guy who is needs a miracle to rebound

The hyperbole is insane. Doesn't look like an NHL player is laughable. Why can't there be nuance? He is clearly not what he was, he clearly shouldn't get more than a few million on his next deal, clearly still an NHL player.

the rare poll where fans of the team are more likely to pick the other guy

I will say contracts included, I'm definitely good with Tavares who expires this year and not in 2030.

And this is why I take him. The wheels can completely fall off, doesn't really matter.

UnSandvich

Sep 7, 2017
Zibadejad is definitely the currently better player, but if we’re asking which player I take at this very moment it’s Tavares with 0 questions asked. Zibadejad has a NMC through the full duration of his contract through 2030 and is essentially buyout proof due to bonus structure. Tavares is a UFA after this season

hamzarocks

Jul 22, 2012
Pickering, Ontario
The hyperbole is insane. Doesn't look like an NHL player is laughable. Why can't there be nuance? He is clearly not what he was, he clearly shouldn't get more than a few million on his next deal, clearly still an NHL player.

And this is why I take him. The wheels can completely fall off, doesn't really matter.
Are you turning off leaf games whenever Tavares line is on or when PP is on?

Tavares is barely able to skate or make plays so far.

Very early in the season so he can hopefully rebound, but hes been useless. Shifts where he gets the puck deep or to the point are being considered good ones as usually he has been easily stripped of pucks, forced to make bad plays, or denied chances to make any plays

He has 4 pts in 6 games somehow but has plaued like a guy who should have 1 or 2

34, 16, 88 are snake bitten and generated a lot more than Tavares while not being a huge defensive liability for us like JT is

Tavares is expiring, we dont need to pretend he is playing well anymore. He looks like Ryan Johansen did for the Avs last year.

HockeyVirus

Woll stan.
Nov 15, 2020
Are you turning off leaf games whenever Tavares line is on or when PP is on?

Tavares is barely able to skate or make plays so far.

Very early in the season so he can hopefully rebound, but hes been useless. Shifts where he gets the puck deep or to the point are being considered good ones as usually he has been easily stripped of pucks, forced to make bad plays, or denied chances to make any plays

He has 4 pts in 6 games somehow but has plaued like a guy who should have 1 or 2

34, 16, 88 are snake bitten and generated a lot more than Tavares while not being a huge defensive liability for us like JT is

Tavares is expiring, we dont need to pretend he is playing well anymore. He looks like Ryan Johansen did for the Avs last year.

He also was recently quite sick and lost 8 pounds. For a guy who is already slow it has been a rough few games since he has been back, but he wasn't doing that all season. Last few games have been rough agreed.

But you don't put up 4 in 6 not being an NHL player.

hamzarocks

Jul 22, 2012
Pickering, Ontario
He also was recently quite sick and lost 8 pounds. For a guy who is already slow it has been a rough few games since he has been back, but he wasn't doing that all season. Last few games have been rough agreed.

But you don't put up 4 in 6 not being an NHL player.
Well I hope you are right and it was the sickness impacting his play mostly early on.

He did have a nice rush for robertson's goal in that 6-2 ugly game vs.CBJ so thats something

Auston Marlander

I was in the pool!!
Nov 3, 2011
Toronto
I haven't seen enough of Zib to says he's worse, so I'll choose him. JT has really dropped off. He's ok as a 3rd line centre. But asking any more of him will leave you disappointed.

Hopefully he turns it around, but I won't hold my breath.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad