Value of: Tarasenko

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jared Dunn

Dec 23, 2013
Yellowknife
For the second straight year after the first rash of signings Tarasenko remains at or near the top of available free agents.

Was healthy, over 20 goals and 55 points and while he didn't score a ton I thought he was really effective in playoffs

Who might still be interested in him and what does he get? Florida has probably 4ish million when they get Lundell done, could there be a cheap return? I'd go 1x6 or 2x4 in Montreal

SirPaste

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 30, 2010
STL
It's been reported he has an offer on the table from the Penguins, but is taking his time. I would guess he is wanting to stay in FL, as it had been reported for years that was always a preferred destination for him and his family.

ShootIt

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 8, 2008
Would like him to stay, but cap will be limited after Lundell's contract and if Zito wants to sign another defenseman

Not sure too many want to go the Kulikov route either

Flat Ronnie

Feb 11, 2014
For the second straight year after the first rash of signings Tarasenko remains at or near the top of available free agents.

Was healthy, over 20 goals and 55 points and while he didn't score a ton I thought he was really effective in playoffs

Who might still be interested in him and what does he get? Florida has probably 4ish million when they get Lundell done, could there be a cheap return? I'd go 1x6 or 2x4 in Montreal
Was he? I seem to remember him not being very good.

Reactions: go4hockey

PocketNines

Cutter's Way
Apr 29, 2004
Badlands
Was he? I seem to remember him not being very good.
He was strong in the Final and scored the GWG in conf final. He is someone contenders will add to their rosters. He wants to win more Cups, he wants to be part of the solution on future Cup winners. He likes to take that photo with his kid in the Cup

Jared Dunn

Dec 23, 2013
Yellowknife
Would like him to stay, but cap will be limited after Lundell's contract and if Zito wants to sign another defenseman

Not sure too many want to go the Kulikov route either
I feel like given they lost Montour and OEL, getting an offensive guy like Boqvist for cheap feels like a no brainer. Would think they could still probably do Tank and Lundell alongside that... Do you think they go long term on Lundell or just try to bridge through the Bobrovsky deal?

ShootIt

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 8, 2008
I feel like given they lost Montour and OEL, getting an offensive guy like Boqvist for cheap feels like a no brainer. Would think they could still probably do Tank and Lundell alongside that... Do you think they go long term on Lundell or just try to bridge through the Bobrovsky deal?

I'd prefer a bridge deal. Hee been good in the postseason but inconsistent in the regular season.

Reactions: Jared Dunn

WaitingForThatCab

#1 Nick Cousins Fan Account
Mar 11, 2017
My guess is the Panthers are offering him like $800k. Figure it's just a matter of a team sweetening the pot enough to be worth it for him to spend the season away from his family and cover the rent, too.

doublechili

For all intensive purposes, your nuts
Apr 11, 2006
I would think he's gotten plenty of offers and is just seeing if he can stay in FLA or not, and then take the next best situation.

DiglettDangles

Feb 15, 2020
Montreal

His name was mentioned on the MTL boards without getting much attention.

That's a guy I'm keeping tabs on, I would love to have such a respected Russian forward help Dach take the next step this year, and take Demidov under his wing next year. Wonder if his OTT stint traumatized him out of signing in Canada ever again - wouldn't blame him to want to be part of a contender instead of our young team.

I will echo people that think he's waiting after FLA to sort out the rest of the roster to make him an offer. At this stage in his career/family life, he can afford to wait a week before signing and moving to a different city.

Habssince89

trolls to the IL
Sponsor
Apr 14, 2009
Vancouver, BC
His name was mentioned on the MTL boards without getting much attention.

That's a guy I'm keeping tabs on, I would love to have such a respected Russian forward help Dach take the next step this year, and take Demidov under his wing next year. Wonder if his OTT stint traumatized him out of signing in Canada ever again - wouldn't blame him to want to be part of a contender instead of our young team.

I will echo people that think he's waiting after FLA to sort out the rest of the roster to make him an offer. At this stage in his career/family life, he can afford to wait a week before signing and moving to a different city.
I think Tarasenko would probably get a good 2-yr deal, and MTL would give him the Monahan treatment. VT would get great minutes to add to his career totals and could easily be dealt to a contender later. It's actually a great situation for a player, who get a surer look at who the contenders are at the TDL as opposed to the summer before the season. I imagine he would consider coming back to Florida to see if they can do it again, but the panthers might not be able to offer him what he wants, and they may not have it in them to get there again. They've played a lot of hockey in the past two seasons.

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
I liked his play and attitude in Ottawa last season and was glad to see him hoist the Cup.

Wish him nothing but the best. The team faced all kinds of crap last year and he never said a word or seemed down.

SeanMoneyHands

Apr 18, 2019
Probably stays in FLA as he's said he loves playing there. He's got his 2 cups, doubt he wants to chase another one on another team, he's just enjoying time in the sun now.

BKarchitect

Oct 12, 2017
Kansas City, MO
Tampa needs him more. Their top line (or top 3 forwards) is ridiculous but there’s a real bad lack of depth after you get past Hagel and Cirelli. It sure looks like guys like Atkinson and Sheary are going to have to be counted on to do something next season as it stands, and those are poor bets.

He can stay in Florida, stay on a Cup contender and likely have a bigger role.

Reactions: Flat Ronnie

Flat Ronnie

Feb 11, 2014
At this point for Tampa, Tarasenko is a real need for them. They need a productive top 6 winger.

Guentzel - Point - Kucherov
Hagel - Cirelli - XXXXXX

Atkinson and Sheary aren't gonna cut it all year in that spot. The Lightning are more of a one line team at this point than they were at the end of last year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad