Proposal: Tarasenko to NYR

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

ViD

#CBJNeedHugs
Sponsor
Apr 21, 2007
Blue Jackets Area
It’s a match made in heaven

Tarasenko wants a change of scenery and NYR is a perfect team for that.

NYR clearly missing a top RW to complete their top 6.

Cap space is the issue right now

What will be the price required for Rangers to acquire Tarasenko ?

cwede

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 1, 2010
can't see path to it,
NYR wont pay the prices it would take to St Lou, plus a 3rd team to retain half again

and NYR have little path to creating more space
possibly by moving Goodrow and or Reaves, no other notable Cap Hit guys would be in play

but it cant be worth it to NYR to pay the high acquisition cost for a rental,
and really no path forward to extend VT

TGWL

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 28, 2011
You're looking at. 1st, plus good prospect, plus expiring contracts to make it work. Or you're going to need a double retention and move out more draft capital.

Rangers need a top 6 RW but I don't know if that solves the issues they're having right now. So I don't know if they end up paying that when there's also Kane potentially available for that role.

Mike Liut

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 12, 2008
I hope Tarasenko goes to a legit contender. I want you watch him in the finals. If it’s the NYR, I’ll be rooting for you.

And yes, it’s starts with a 1st

Reactions: Moose and Squirrel

ZachaFlockaFlame

Aug 24, 2020
I hope Tarasenko goes to a legit contender. I want you watch him in the finals. If it’s the NYR, I’ll be rooting for you.

And yes, it’s starts with a 1st

This screams Lou move all over it. Also, any truth to Buchnevich being shopped? I saw Rutherford link NJ to him in the Athletic.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: LeapOnOver

TGWL

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 28, 2011
The other NY hockey team in the area is a better fit for Tarasenko, not the Rags.

This screams Lou move all over it. Also, any truth to Buchnevich being shopped? I saw Rutherford link NJ to him in the Athletic.
I think he's a fit for a lot of teams. Rangers clearly have a top 6 RW problem. Especially if you put Kakko back with Laf and Chytil, considering Kakko has been the only RW looking good.

Taluss

Jul 28, 2018
NYC
As long as he stays healthy, at the deadline if Rangers are looking solid id be fine doing a 1st+ prospect + some kinda contráct movement

Majorityof1

Mar 6, 2014
Central Florida
The other NY hockey team in the area is a better fit for Tarasenko, not the Rags.

I wouldn't think Buchnevich would be shopped unless we are going full rebuild. He is one of our more important players and he has term left on his contract at a decent cap hit. That said, I have no sources, and no clue what is going through our GM's mind. I didn't see the Rutherford rumor either.

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
It’s a match made in heaven

Tarasenko wants a change of scenery and NYR is a perfect team for that.

NYR clearly missing a top RW to complete their top 6.

Cap space is the issue right now

What will be the price required for Rangers to acquire Tarasenko ?
Rangers will not make an offer.

Our best chance to win a Cup is multiple bites of the apple; the larger our window, the more bites.

Dealing youth for vets = increased cap, loss of roster flexibility, etc -- a shortening, not an expanding of this window.

Barnaby

Jul 2, 2003
Port Jefferson, NY
It's too early in the season for this type of move. NYR would have to accrue more cap and make this move at/near the deadline. I've always been a fan of Tarasenko, but I'd want to see how legit the Rangers look later in the season and how the RW issues shake out.

As far as a package? I'd say something like a 1st, Robertson, and maybe another piece (mid round pick / B prospect). Maybe an expiring deal back to STL like Reaves.

As someone mentioned above. I could see Lou and the Isles being heavily involved.

TGWL

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 28, 2011
whoever started the thread spelled O’Reilly wrong
Where would he even play in the line-up right now? Signing Trocheck to then put on line 3 is a bit silly. Rangers are struggling to score 5 on 5 goals. I don't see how getting a defensive center fixes that when Tarasenko is more of a need.

bleedblue94

Jun 8, 2004
the only thing that works for the rangers is trading kreider and i doubt the blues want that.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Where would he even play in the line-up right now? Signing Trocheck to then put on line 3 is a bit silly. Rangers are struggling to score 5 on 5 goals. I don't see how getting a defensive center fixes that when Tarasenko is more of a need.
RW

Djp

Jul 28, 2012
Alexandria, VA
I mentioned this in St. Louis thread…

In actual money owed. Tarasenko is 5.75 while Oreilly is just 1. This make it BIG if a third team is involved as a pass through. It’s based on real money paid, not cap hit amount.

Kane and Toews salaries owed are 2.9Meach for this season. To acquire Kane the amount or a pass thru would be less than Tarasenko.

TGWL

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 28, 2011
Why not? He’s great there too and that’s where the Rangers need their forward help
Because a sniper fits us better than putting a great FO, two-way player on the wing.

I mentioned this in St. Louis thread…

In actual money owed. Tarasenko is 5.75 while Oreilly is just 1. This make it BIG if a third team is involved as a pass through. It’s based on real money paid, not cap hit amount.

Kane and Toews salaries owed are 2.9Meach for this season. To acquire Kane the amount or a pass thru would be less than Tarasenko.
The money owed is pretty irrelevant to us.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad