Proposal: Tarasenko to New Jersey

seabass45

Jan 12, 2007
These teams just aren’t a match for a trade like this, or more specifically Tarasenko doesn’t make sense for NJ. Not a team in win-now mode, not in the position to trade their 2023 first, not in the position to trade a top 4 LD, etc etc etc. NJ is in a position to bolster their wings with UFA help and it won’t cost them any assets.

LeedsMonster

Mar 8, 2008
Severson has reasonable cap hit and would allow us to lessen burden on Parayko pairing. Obviously if he were lefty would be better, but would still help us. I’m not clear that we would even want zacha based on much of what I’ve read and seen.
Ty Smith might benefit from a change of scenery. Graves. We have a ton of LHD

Reactions: TBF1972

Blueston

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2016
Houston, TX
Ty Smith might benefit from a change of scenery. Graves. We have a ton of LHD
Graves would have appeal. Not sure that Smith would work for Blues. I agree he could benefit from trade, but Blues need someone who can handle tough minutes. Preferably bigger guy bc we have couple small d already.

LeedsMonster

Mar 8, 2008
Graves would have appeal. Not sure that Smith would work for Blues. I agree he could benefit from trade, but Blues need someone who can handle tough minutes. Preferably bigger guy bc we have couple small d already.
I'd do Graves and a 2nd. Maybe throw in a 4th or a long shot prospect like Jaromir Pytlick or Aarne Talvitie. Maybe you take Zacha too

Reactions: Blueston

Bluesguru

Aug 10, 2014
St. Louis
Why exactly would the Blues want Zacha? Assuming we bring back Perron he would be the ninth best forward.

ROR
Perron
Saad
Buch
Thomas
Kyrou
Barbashev
Schenn.

All better.

Graves interest me a little bit but the package should consist of most futures to alleviate cap space for the Blues.
If you get the 1st rd pick included, it’s a fair deal.

TBF1972

May 19, 2018
Compared to the different between a 40 point forward in Zacha and a 75 point forward in Tarasenko. Yeah. That 2nd rounder (which would be in the middle of the 2nd round most likely) doesn't move the needle much.
you can have the 35 point forward andreas johnsson for a 2nd.

tarasenko is the much better player and in a vacuum the difference between tarasenko and zacha is more than a 2nd. but the op targets the devils as a trade partner, which just finished 5th worst in the league. in no shape or form will the devils trade a first round pick for a one year rental with the injury struggles of tarasenko. they might return to the lottery and will lose tarasenko for nothing.

if the devils magically improve and are in a playoff spot at the trade deadline, we can take up the tarasenko trade talk again. in the summer the devils will have no need to trade their first. but st. louis is looking for a lhd and the devils have plenty of them. they won't move siegenthaler. but graves, smith, bahl and maybe even mukhamadullin can be discussed with or without the inclusion of tarasenko.

Reactions: minibrodeur

BleedBlue14

UrGeNcY
Feb 9, 2017
St. Louis
you can have the 35 point forward andreas johnsson for a 2nd.

tarasenko is the much better player and in a vacuum the difference between tarasenko and zacha is more than a 2nd. but the op targets the devils as a trade partner, which just finished 5th worst in the league. in no shape or form will the devils trade a first round pick for a one year rental with the injury struggles of tarasenko. they might return to the lottery and will lose tarasenko for nothing.

if the devils magically improve and are in a playoff spot at the trade deadline, we can take up the tarasenko trade talk again. in the summer the devils will have no need to trade their first. but st. louis is looking for a lhd and the devils have plenty of them. they won't move siegenthaler. but graves, smith, bahl and maybe even mukhamadullin can be discussed with or without the inclusion of tarasenko.

I’d venture to guess if Tarasenko is with the Blues into the start of the season he’ll finish out his contract with us.

I think the thought process behind a proposal like this is a lot of national reporters, right or wrong, have suggested that the Devils are looking to add a scoring winger. In that essence these teams line up well dependent on what Armstrong is wanting as a return.

What makes the most sense is futures to be honest given our cap structure, unless the 2LD situation is addressed. Maybe Graves fits it, maybe he doesn’t I’m not really sure the orgs view on him. I’m also fairly unaware of what type of player Graves is so I can’t confidently say whether in believe if he’s a good fit or not.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad