Value of: Tarasenko (50%) @2.5M

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Sun God Nika

Palestine <3.
Apr 22, 2013
I kind of wanted Ottawa to sign this guy but seeing that the market is looking pretty nice to sellers right now what can you see your team giving up for this rental?

He is on pace for about 60 ish pts 20 ish goals this year. Has played responsibly away from the puck as well this year.

Reactions: TkachukNorris79

Draiskull

Oct 26, 2005
Holland will be interested but won't give up a 1st rd pick for a rental.

2nd + prospect with a guy like Janmark going back (cap) would be best from Oilers.

Reactions: TFHockey

wintersej

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2011
North Andover, MA
I’m super curious if WPG and VAN set the market or if what they paid is going to look silly when teams are picking up some of the second tier guys for much less.

Big Daddy Cane

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 8, 2010
Western PA
Lindholm and Monahan play a premium position. Tarasenko does not. Some good wingers have still come under the 1st round pick line in this more aggressive era (Zuccarello, Dzingel, Nyquist, Hall, Rakell, Domi).

Reactions: biturbo19 and hn777

La Bamba

Tier 2 Fan
Aug 23, 2009
He'd fit in perfectly on the Oilers. I'd pay up a 2nd and Petrov.

RNH - McD - Hyman
Kane - Drai - Tarasenko
Foegele - McLeod - Perry
Holloway - Ryan - Brown
Janmark/Gagner

Best forward group in the league with plenty of depth

• Haha
Reactions: McDoused and bert

FerrisRox

"Wanna go, Prettyboy?"
Sep 17, 2003
Toronto, Ontario
I’m super curious if WPG and VAN set the market or if what they paid is going to look silly when teams are picking up some of the second tier guys for much less.

I don't think there's a scenario where they look silly because the market is very thin at centre.

There are a lot of teams that were looking to add a top six centre and with Lindholm and Monahan off the board there's not a ton left. They paid what they paid to ensure they got what they wanted.

dumbdick

Galactic Defender
May 31, 2008
Sens should try to extend him. He's been good playing all down the lineup.

I expected him to be pure scoring support but he competes and contributes quite a bit more than I expected.

Reactions: gab6511 and banks

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site

2nd + prospect with a guy like Janmark going back (cap) would be best from Oilers.
Well he's a better player than Monahan so that's just not gonna do it. Unless that prospect is Broberg or Holloway then maybe that's a conversation.

He was traded for a first last year. This year with retention he makes less money and isn't coming off an injury. Don't see why he won't get the same.

Reactions: tomin

ManofSteel55

Aug 15, 2013
Sylvan Lake, Alberta

The Oilers don't need to send a Janmark type as cap, they can just waive him and hope he slides through and then we still have him if needed for playoff depth. Anything under around 1.1 can be buried, so if we're dumping "cap", it needs to be a contract valued higher than that.

ManofSteel55

Aug 15, 2013
Sylvan Lake, Alberta
Well he's a better player than Monahan so that's just not gonna do it. Unless that prospect is Broberg or Holloway then maybe that's a conversation.

He was traded for a first last year. This year with retention he makes less money and isn't coming off an injury. Don't see why he won't get the same.
He's a better player, but one GM overpaying for Monahan doesn't mean all GM's will suddenly start overpaying for all available forwards. 2 first have already been traded, how many more 1sts do you think will be traded this deadline? And do you honestly feel that Tarasenko is going to be one of the next best available guys, going for a 1st when there still haven't been any defensemen traded yet? I mean, its possible, but not a guarantee. I'd just wait until closer to the deadline if Ottawa is set on a 1st for this guy.

Really, I'd prefer to see Holland go after a 3C or a RD upgrade on Ceci if he's doing anything.

I don't think there's a scenario where they look silly because the market is very thin at centre.

There are a lot of teams that were looking to add a top six centre and with Lindholm and Monahan off the board there's not a ton left. They paid what they paid to ensure they got what they wanted.
If either guy just tanks it on their new team, their GM will look a little silly, but no more silly than the GM's who make deadline deals that don't work out every other year, and it will really only be fans laughing at it.

Draiskull

Oct 26, 2005

Yeh, unless the prices drop considerably I don't think Oilers are landing Tarasenko.
Holland just doesn't give up 1sts for rentals.
Maybe Broberg+ low pick is a possibility but certainly not Holloway. The plus would need to come from the OTT side in a Tarasenko for Holloway swap.

Reactions: bert

inthewings

Jul 26, 2005
Yeh, unless the prices drop considerably I don't think Oilers are landing Tarasenko.
Holland just doesn't give up 1sts for rentals.
Maybe Broberg+ low pick is a possibility but certainly not Holloway. The plus would need to come from the OTT side in a Tarasenko for Holloway swap.
What does Holloway have right now? 2nd round value maybe? And Ottawa is adding to Tarasenko to acquire him?

Draiskull

Oct 26, 2005
What does Holloway have right now? 2nd round value maybe? And Ottawa is adding to Tarasenko to acquire him?
Why would Holloway have 2nd round value?
His value is about the same as where he was drafted.

He is going to be a contributing member of Oilers top 9 this season and will only go higher with experience.

Reactions: McDoused

inthewings

Jul 26, 2005
Why would Holloway have 2nd round value?
His value is about the same as where he was drafted.

He is going to be a contributing member of Oilers top 9 this season and will only go higher with experience.
I don't think any fans of teams projected to pick in the top-20 of the draft this year would offer up their pick for Holloway. I could be wrong.

Draiskull

Oct 26, 2005
I don't think any fans of teams projected to pick in the top-20 of the draft this year would offer up their pick for Holloway. I could be wrong.
Sure, this is hockey's future site where prospects are glorified. Maybe depends upon where your team is at. A contender would easily pick Holloway over a mid first round magic bean.

5+ yrs of Holloway > one run with Tarasenko

inthewings

Jul 26, 2005
Sure, this is hockey's future site where prospects are glorified. Maybe depends upon where your team is at. A contender would easily pick Holloway over a mid first round magic bean.

5+ yrs of Holloway > one run with Tarasenko
Isn't Holloway himself still just a mid first-round magic bean? Unless I'm unaware of a recent breakout, he hasn't established yet that he's going to produce in the NHL and we're coming up on 4 years since he was drafted.

Reactions: Duncstar

KevinRedkey

12/18/23 and beyond!
Jan 22, 2010
If he's willing to sign a fair deal for 2 years, I'd prefer to extend him. I'd maybe go as high as 3yrs but the cap hit would need to be a bit of a bargain.

Otherwise the asking price is probably a 1st or an equivalent prospect that Ottawa could use (no LD for example)

Reactions: bert

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad