GDT: TankTown Express vs Tuna-Round Tuna Boat Day 2

Blueston

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2016
Houston, TX
we are getting result we deserve tonight. but that said, we had momentum and have been abysmal with goalie pulled this year. you would think berube would be cognizant of that and delay pulling goalie..

JR1

Dec 22, 2016
we are getting result we deserve tonight. but that said, we had momentum and have been abysmal with goalie pulled this year. you would think berube would be cognizant of that and delay pulling goalie..
I have a hard time understanding his thought process. Befuddling.

Robb_K

Apr 26, 2007
NordHolandNethrlands
I don't think I would remove my goalie with 4:20 left and my team skating in quicksand on the 2nd game of a 2nd back-to-back in a handful of days - especially BEFORE a face-off win is made. But, The Blues weren't going to win this game, anyway. Back down to .500. Let's hope we can beat The hated Golden Knights.

LGB

Feb 4, 2019
We're down 2. It's worth the risk. Gotta do a better job keeping the puck in.

Robb_K

Apr 26, 2007
NordHolandNethrlands
Anybody have Chiefs number. I gotta talk to the guy.
At LEAST until we know that we've won the face-off. But, really, The Blues were skating in wet cement all game, so, I'd have waited till about 1:30 or so, and with sure possession.

Reactions: Blueston and JR1

Reality Czech

Apr 17, 2017

Kind of crazy that we almost got back into this game despite playing like absolute ass. The boys looked like they were hungover tonight, if not flat out drunk. So many miffed passes, missed scoring chances, guys losing the puck with zero pressure, etc. If Tarasenko had buried the puck into an empty net with about 8 minutes left we actually could have been in position to tie it, not that we deserved to.

That being said, some of the reactions on this forum are a bit too extreme. They're still 3-1 on the road trip. It's not realistic to expect any team to win 4 in a row on the road. If they can bounce back and beat Vegas on Friday then this atrocity of a game can be forgiven.

Reactions: mk80 and Blueston

2018-19 Cup Champs!
Mar 22, 2012
Didn’t play well, but that’s as close to a schedule loss as you’re going to find. Maybe if we didn’t play like two games in the first two weeks of the season we wouldn’t have to cram in two different sets of 4 in 6? Just a thought. Couple of much-needed off days before a big test against Vegas on Friday.

Sgt Schultz

Jun 30, 2019
Santa Fe, NM
I didn't see the game, but the outcome did not surprise me. When I saw they played on back to back nights, I knew it would be a slog. As schizophrenic as this team has been, I don't think many conclusions can be drawn from the result. Granted, Seattle is basically a long ferry ride from Vancouver, but it is still two games in two nights.

Heading west for five games and winning the first three is a plus.

I see a lot of west/coast games, given where I live. The arenas are not usually shaking from the fans. I'm not sure Seattle fans have really found their identity yet, at least from the games I have seen. Given how rabid Seattle Seahawks fans can be, they will probably get there.

On to Vegas, who despite their overall record has not been on a roll lately. I think they are .500 this month, and been up and down.

TK 421

Barbashev eats babies pass it on
Sep 12, 2007
giphy.gif

So about your tuna fishing license.....

lethal-weapon.gif

mk80

Jul 30, 2012
Caught most of the game on radio, we played our patented strategy of taking the first two periods off, and then turned it on for a late push.

All things considered winning 3 of 4 on the road made up of 2 back to backs is good to see, and I definitely didn't expect to sweep the road trip. I also think this loss is a good test for us to see how we respond and see what this team is made of, are we going to come out and play a hard tough game against Vegas and hopefully pick up one or 2 more points before the holiday break, or will this loss trigger another losing streak?

GoldenSeal

Believe In The Note
Dec 1, 2013
Out West
The Tuna Boat somehow made it to a drydock after being rocked last night.

The rower sits on a stool below the damaged vessel that looks more holey than a priest and begins nailing boards cover the holes.

He looks up at the tattered Dreaded Blue Note Flag that defiantly waves in the breeze and smiles.

It’s all the faith he needs as he sits 3-1.

Reality Czech

Apr 17, 2017
Caught most of the game on radio, we played our patented strategy of taking the first two periods off, and then turned it on for a late push.

All things considered winning 3 of 4 on the road made up of 2 back to backs is good to see, and I definitely didn't expect to sweep the road trip. I also think this loss is a good test for us to see how we respond and see what this team is made of, are we going to come out and play a hard tough game against Vegas and hopefully pick up one or 2 more points before the holiday break, or will this loss trigger another losing streak?

I'm jealous. I'm still traumatized by what I saw!

Your take is a reasonable one. Fans can't expect the Blues to win every game and have to accept that some nights the team will look like crap. It's silly to be too hard on them coming off 3 straight road wins.

It was nice to see Dunn and Schwartz and I'm happy their team is doing well. Will always be a fan of those guys.

mab894

Nov 27, 2017
Berube may be the worst coach of all time at deciding when to pull the goalie. I hope he lets one of the assistants start making that call

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad