Tank vs Kids playing well. What would you rather?

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Mad Brills*

Have the kids play well, especially galchenyuk at centre and hope he sticks, while missing the playoffs.

Still leaves the door open for therrien to be gone.

ColinO

Jul 24, 2015
Would you rather see the kids play well and we win (pick 10-14)

OR

Just tank baby! (pick 5-10)

We are 6 points out of a wildcard and 6 points ahead of 8th last. I don't think we would be able to tank enough to make it worthwhile. I don't like the thought of tanking on purpose and I don't think this team would or should do that. It's just not worth it.

Redux91

I do Three bullets.
Sep 5, 2006
Kirkland, Montreal
kids showing that they can actually play >>>>>>>>> tank pick

who knows when the player we pick will be NHL ready...the kids are trying to show theyre NHL ready NOW which is tyhe most important thing

were gonna get a top 10 pick ANYway and STILL probably get a decent player!

but as for tanking for the bottom 3? get real, its just not gonna happen

whats happening right now with the kids is infinitely more important

Pompeius Magnus

May 18, 2014
Kanata ,ON
Kids playing well, obviously. We can rebound a lot better next year by incorporating our best prospects in the lineup in key positions. This is not such a bad team at it's core.

Toene

Y'en aura pas de facile
Nov 17, 2014
kids showing that they can actually play >>>>>>>>> tank pick

who knows when the player we pick will be NHL ready...the kids are trying to show theyre NHL ready NOW which is tyhe most important thing

were gonna get a top 10 pick ANYway and STILL probably get a decent player!

but as for tanking for the bottom 3? get real, its just not gonna happen

whats happening right now with the kids is infinitely more important

If we pick top5 this year we should get a player that can play as soon as next season. Matthews, the Finns, Tkatchuk, Dubois and Chychrun are all players that seem ready for the next level. I dont mean that they would be elite from the get-go but they could fit very well in this roster.

Seb

All we are is Dustin Byfuglien
Jul 15, 2006
What's the point of the kids playing well if in the end they aren't rewarded? Look at how they handled Pateryn...

Redux91

I do Three bullets.
Sep 5, 2006
Kirkland, Montreal
If we pick top5 this year we should get a player that can play as soon as next season. Matthews, the Finns, Tkatchuk, Dubois and Chychrun are all players that seem ready for the next level. I dont mean that they would be elite from the get-go but they could fit very well in this roster.

agreed, but , we're just not getting a top 5 pick lol.

Toene

Y'en aura pas de facile
Nov 17, 2014
agreed, but , we're just not getting a top 5 pick lol.

Why not? With the new lottery rule everyone has chance to win a top3 pick. I wouldnt hold my breath however. I just hope we get in the top10 so we could grab Nylander or Gauthier.

Justin11

Jan 16, 2009
Montréal
Kids play well for me. At least I tune in to the games this way. Top pick would be nice, unlikely to happen at this point.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Tanking is an internet legend in the current NHL. Players on teams who are out of it, are still playing for jobs next year. No one is ever "tanking". I guess fans of a losing team needed a distraction and an excuse for memes and creating fake celebrations in their teams' GDTs. No team is guaranteed a draft slot thanks to the even more stringent weighted lottery in place.

Last edited:

Le Tricolore

Boo! BOOOO!
Aug 3, 2005
Montreal
You-play-to-win-the-game.gif

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
I've said it before but now that we have a legitimate number one center, and he's elite, I don't care about the tank. I'd rather the kids play well.

mariolemieux66

Sep 17, 2008
Vancouver
There is too much potential in the tip 5 draft this year to not want to tank. It looks like we will be picking a Chris Higgins instead of a Galchenyuk of Price. Thus season has been a ****ing waste.

Travis Moen

May 5, 2006
Montréal
www.OnlyTopGames.com

Our problem is exactly fans like you who are not patient enough and settle for mediocrity just so they can have their temporary fix like a drug addict.

In the past 7 years, 4 teams have won the cup. Both Chicago, the Kings and the Penguins built their team by tanking. They won the cup less than 5 years after finishing at the bottom of the barrel.

This year's contenders are still the Hawks, the Kings and the Caps, surprise, another team that had to tank before dominating.

I predict that the Leafs will win a cup before us.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad