Value of: Tanev, Toffoli and Zadorov

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Petes2424

Aug 4, 2005
The way they’re playing, if someone came calling on anyone they’d probably listen.

Michoulicious

Dec 9, 2014
If I was Calgary I'd try to get out of Weegar contract before his NTC kicks in.

That should be priority #1 before the whole league realizes he's bad and overrated.

Sabresruletheschool

Jul 16, 2012
Price for Zadorov to Buffalo? If Buffalo can get a good price, they should really consider snagging him to get Bryson or Clague out of the line up.

BigRangy

Get well soon oliver
Mar 17, 2015
If it's Zadorov at no retention I think a 2nd or a 3rd is more than fair. Ideally I would want to push for like a 3rd+5th+7th, Flames need more picks. But really turning a no retention Zadorov into any asset(s) is good enough.

Retained it would be different. Flames will need retention spots for Lindholm/Hanifin next trade deadline.

Reactions: David Lunch

DingDongCharlie

Sep 12, 2010
Soo many teams would be in on Tanev. Hanifin also. Flames should be looking to sell a Dman, can't see it being Weegar after that extension.

David Lunch

Apr 11, 2018
If it's Zadorov at no retention I think a 2nd or a 3rd is more than fair. Ideally I would want to push for like a 3rd+5th+7th, Flames need more picks. But really turning a no retention Zadorov into any asset(s) is good enough.

Retained it would be different. Flames will need retention spots for Lindholm/Hanifin next trade deadline.
Would you be able to take one pending UFA contract back to avoid retaining? For example, 3rd + 5th + Brendan Lemieux for Zedorov? Lemieux has an AAV of 1.35 and comes off the books at the end of the season.

David Lunch

Apr 11, 2018
Fax it to the trade office!
Deal! Ok, now that it’s official, tell me all the warts about Zadorov that I don’t notice since I really only watch my team and see him a couple times a year :) but all kidding aside, I’m genuinely curious. He seems mean and very physical which is something our team is seriously lacking. Is there any comparison to, say, Robyn Regehr?

BigRangy

Get well soon oliver
Mar 17, 2015
Deal! Ok, now that it’s official, tell me all the warts about Zadorov that I don’t notice since I really only watch my team and see him a couple times a year :) but all kidding aside, I’m genuinely curious. He seems mean and very physical which is something our team is seriously lacking. Is there any comparison to, say, Robyn Regehr?

One would think he is a defensive d-man, a real stay at home type. But to me he’s an offensive d-man. Relatively to a strong defensive d-man (Giordano/Tanev/etc), he’s frequently out of position in the d-zone, doesn’t have a great first pass, gets beat 1 on 1 a lot.

But he can skate the puck up the ice fantastically, has an absolute laser of a wrist shot, and does like to mix it up a little bit. Isn’t afraid of making big hits. But as a #5 he’s fine. Would avoid having him on #1 PK but he can survive a #2 PK job.

Double Dion

Jets fan 28/06/2014
Feb 9, 2011
I wouldn't be moving Z unless it's an overpay. Our blueline is awfully soft without him. You can't find guys who are 6'6 250 that move like him. Pair him with a guy who doesn't suck and he will be a top 4 guy.

I'm moving Tanev. Guys who can make a 1st pass and defend at a high level will get a big return. Especially at Tanev's cap hit. If I were the Oilers I'd move multiple picks for Tanev.

The Real JT

Meet the new boss. Same as the old boss. :(
Jul 2, 2018
Connecticut
Brutal. Have you seen the prices depth defencemen are going for? You want two and our best goalie? I’d sell them separately. Hanifan is no slouch. He’s top pairing.
E4963C4C-4D2B-4DE6-95D5-31CC75332147.gif

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad