Value of: Tanev, Toffoli and Zadorov

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

BigRangy

Get well soon oliver
Mar 17, 2015
All 50% retained of course. 1 year for each of them after this one.

Big Daddy Cane

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 8, 2010
Western PA
Carolina’s 1st plus a couple prospects below Morrow/Nikishin level for Toffoli (no retention needed).

If Calgary is willing to sell, a lot is in alignment: cross conference, prior trade history between the two clubs, Justin Williams connection to the player, non-rental.

Reactions: MinJaBen

Some Other Flame

Dec 4, 2010
Flames need to retool. They're right up against the cap next year and need to move out cap where possible. Starts with a new front office and coach first though.

Also I wouldn't move Toffoli. He's been lights in his role. Tanev, Zadorov, Backlund, and Hanifin would be the guys to move out. Markstrom as well but that's obviously a longshot.

Problem is, a bunch of contenders have already made their moves this year. Not much left in terms of picks and prospects there. Plus the greedy and shortsighted Flames ownership led by Murray Edwards wouldn't want futures; they'd want pieces to help them compete now.

In other words, these kind of moves make more sense at the draft and over the summer.

krutovsdonut

eeyore
Sep 25, 2016
Lol come on he’d instantly become the most sought after D on the market if he was available. A second doesn’t get rid of Myers let alone get Tanev.

at the tdl sure, but calgary is not moving him in-season.

so that's a summer offer. myers is a $1m salary after his bonus is signed. canucks retain $2m of cap off myers.

KingsOfCali25

Start up the Bandwagon!
Feb 21, 2013
Santa Clarita, CA
Flames need to retool. They're right up against the cap next year and need to move out cap where possible. Starts with a new front office and coach first though.

Also I wouldn't move Toffoli. He's been lights in his role. Tanev, Zadorov, Backlund, and Hanifin would be the guys to move out. Markstrom as well but that's obviously a longshot.

Problem is, a bunch of contenders have already made their moves this year. Not much left in terms of picks and prospects there. Plus the greedy and shortsighted Flames ownership led by Murray Edwards wouldn't want futures; they'd want pieces to help them compete now.

In other words, these kind of moves make more sense at the draft and over the summer.
What's the cost for Hanifin + Zadorov?

Tkachuk Norris

Jun 22, 2012
Not the time to sell. We'd be better off at the draft when teams have more flexibility and the Bedard lottery is done.
I tend to think GMs pay way higher prices at the deadline and this draft is deep.

If we have to sell Lindholm, Hanifin and/or Andersson next year then we don’t want to oversaturate the market.

The only way I see this team being top tier again is if we get Todd Button some picks.

wetcoast

Nov 20, 2018
Calgary is giving up allready ??
The Flames probably are a better team than their record indicates but for whatever reason I think the hill is too big for them to climb and the only team I see them catching is Minny.

Tanev has the most value but I don't see him getting traded.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad