Value of: Tanev and Markstrom to Edmonton

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

ManofSteel55

Aug 15, 2013
Sylvan Lake, Alberta
Ya, I'd hope we weren't in the buisness of helping out the Oilers.
And for sure not for crap & late picks.
They aren't late picks. They are first and second rounders.

Flames fans want a 1st rounder for Tanev. In this deal, they get one.

Nobody wants to take on Campbell, and Friedman suggested that the price for a team to take him would be two 1sts. This deal would get them a 1st, two seconds, and a good prospect (Lavoie) for Markstrom. And the Flames get a reliable 2nd pair defenseman to replace Tanev included as well.

Really, the value is probably there, but I think it falls outside of Calgary's typical actions towards buyouts. Their cheapskate owner likely would rake Conroy over the coals for making a trade for someone they will be buying out.

DomBarr

Apr 7, 2014
Hypothetically if Campbell was traded with 50% retention, could be a starting point. Flames can buy him out in the summer and share the buyout penalty.

Honestly more concerned about getting the most value from current assets as possible. If that means sleeping with the enemy so be it.
To be fair, Campbells buyout is actually fairly reasonable and the reason the Oilers would be stupid to try and entice someone to take him. Its a $9 M payout that distributes as $1.1 M, $2.3 M, $2.6 M, $1.5 M, $1.5 M, $1.5 M.

If I was a team and they offered to send Campbell plus a couple of 1sts I would jump all over it it. Which is why he is in Bakersfield as opposed to some other AHL hotspot.

McSuper

5-14-6-1
Jun 16, 2012
Halifax
To be fair, Campbells buyout is actually fairly reasonable and the reason the Oilers would be stupid to try and entice someone to take him. Its a $9 M payout that distributes as $1.1 M, $2.3 M, $2.6 M, $1.5 M, $1.5 M, $1.5 M.

If I was a team and they offered to send Campbell plus a couple of 1sts I would jump all over it it. Which is why he is in Bakersfield as opposed to some other AHL hotspot.
Owners don't become billionaire by throwing 9 million out the window and your math is wrong. The numbers you have listed is a total of 10.5 million.

I would love to move Campbell but it isn't happening with out retention and a couple of assets going back unless we are taking Huberdeau back.

GOilers88

#FreeMoustacheRides
Dec 24, 2016
Hypothetically if Campbell was traded with 50% retention, could be a starting point. Flames can buy him out in the summer and share the buyout penalty.

Honestly more concerned about getting the most value from current assets as possible. If that means sleeping with the enemy so be it.
Always been of the opinion if you can improve your own team it shouldn't matter who the deal is with. If it's good, refusing because of a rivalry is poor management.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad