Proposal: tampa bay lightning-new jersey devils

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Hally BlackWood

Jul 31, 2010
Thunder Bay
no interest in any of those pieces. Ahl defensemen and a aging over paid forward.
For a defensive prospect and a young 3rd line winger. is the 3 round pick supposed to be the center piece coming back to the devils?

2020 Cup Champions

Formerly Sila v Kucherove
Nov 26, 2013
for some reason read reviews wrong what about reece scarlett? instead of santini

some reason had santini having off year maybe the injury

Hrabarenka has also been mentioned in prior trade board threads (typically around Alex Killorn IIRC), but I think in retrospect it was kind of a 2nd for Palmieri situation (ie. we get hosed, but hey there's the cap to think of).

Eric Sachs

Jan 31, 2007
doesn't really do much for NJD. definitely not for Santini either. I like Flippula but if we make a deal, it would likely be for less other pieces as we really don't need more depth.

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
doesn't really do much for NJD. definitely not for Santini either. I like Flippula but if we make a deal, it would likely be for less other pieces as we really don't need more depth.

Filpulla + 2018 3rd for Josefson + Florida 2018 2nd?

Zippy316

aka Zippo
Aug 17, 2012
New Jersey
And be stuck with Filppula in that role until 2018?

Depending on what comes with it, I might consider it.

The only problem is I would only be interested if Namestnikov came our way. At the same time, if Tampa is dealing Filppula, it is to make room for Namestnikov. Likewise, if Namestnikov is included in a package with Filppula, the Devils have nowhere to play him with Henrique, Zajac, Filppula, Cammalleri, Hall, and Boucher/Blandisi hypothetically taking up the LW/C spots on the top three lines.

Doesn't really make much sense, unless we're getting a package we can't pass up.

He plays LW, as well.

As I kind of mentioned above, that doesn't really help the Devils. We are overloaded with LWs and LW prospects. We have Cammalleri and Hall taking up 1LW and 2LW, then we guys like Boucher, Zacha, Blandisi, Kalinin competing for the spot at 3LW. Just about every close-to-ready NHL prospect we have -- Quenneville, Coleman, Pietila -- play C or LW. Adding Filppula would create a logjam at the LW/C position for us.

Theoretically, Ryan Callahan makes much more sense from a Devils perspective depending on how Bennett, DSP, and Lappin look next season. If he took a dive in play like his numbers showed last year -- I don't watch TBL enough to make a call on this -- then that contract is going to be brutal.

Last edited:

2020 Cup Champions

Formerly Sila v Kucherove
Nov 26, 2013

The only problem is I would only be interested if Namestnikov came our way. At the same time, if Tampa is dealing Filppula, it is to make room for Namestnikov. Likewise, if Namestnikov is included in a package with Filppula, the Devils have nowhere to play him with Henrique, Zajac, Filppula, Cammalleri, Hall, and Boucher/Blandisi hypothetically taking up the LW/C spots on the top three lines.

Doesn't really make much sense, unless we're getting a package we can't pass up.

As I kind of mentioned above, that doesn't really help the Devils. We are overloaded with LWs and LW prospects. We have Cammalleri and Hall taking up 1LW and 2LW, then we guys like Boucher, Zacha, Blandisi, Kalinin competing for the spot at 3LW. Just about every close-to-ready NHL prospect we have -- Quenneville, Coleman, Pietila -- play C or LW. Adding Filppula would create a logjam at the LW/C position for us.

Theoretically, Ryan Callahan makes much more sense from a Devils perspective depending on how Bennett, DSP, and Lappin look next season. If he took a dive in play like his numbers showed last year -- I don't watch TBL enough to make a call on this -- then that contract is going to be brutal.

He played all season and in the playoffs with a hip injury.

http://lightning.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=886687
TAMPA BAY – Tampa Bay Lightning forward Ryan Callahan had successful hip surgery today in New York City at the Hospital for Special Surgery, vice president and general manager Steve Yzerman announced. The procedure to repair a labral tear in Callahan’s right hip was performed by Dr. Bryan Kelly. He is expected to return to the ice for the Lightning in approximately five months, meaning he will not be able to play for Team USA in the upcoming World Cup of Hockey.

Callahan played 73 games for the Lightning in 2015-16, recording 10 goals and 28 points. He also skated in 16 Stanley Cup Playoff games, notching two goals and four points. Callahan has registered 172 career goals and 347 points in 620 career games with the Lightning and New York Rangers.

Lord Stan 2020

Elite fan
Jun 29, 2013
New Port Richey Fl
www.facebook.com

guessing game right now had surgery played injured whole year had one good stretch entire season when stamkos took off so hard to say.

Is a lot of people say he bounces back.

Id want to do something around severson if namestnikov is target and dont get mad i rate vladdy becoming a 20 something goal scorer this year and next year hitting 30 like galchenyuk and saad they started out similar numbers in same role etc..

so i probably have too much hope for him lol

but there are scenarios we trade even tyler johnson so honestly vladdy is available you will do better with my friends than me though:)

Zippy316

aka Zippo
Aug 17, 2012
New Jersey
He played all season and in the playoffs with a hip injury.

http://lightning.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=886687

Makes sense. If he rebounds, I could see the Devils taking a shot at him in the off-season next year depending on how the season goes. We may have a spot open to protect that we can absorb Callahan's contract and maybe would be willing to take him on the cheap if Tampa wants to protect other players.

Palmieri is our only legitimate RW right now. DSP is a bit of a question mark, although I expect him to be a decent third liner. Bennett is simply a calculated gamble and Lappin looks like he could be a pretty decent player given how he performed in his brief AHL stint. Again, it all depends on how those three guys look and how any of our prospects perform on their off-wing -- namely Zacha, Boucher, and Blandisi.

guessing game right now had surgery played injured whole year had one good stretch entire season when stamkos took off so hard to say.

Is a lot of people say he bounces back.

Id want to do something around severson if namestnikov is target and dont get mad i rate vladdy becoming a 20 something goal scorer this year and next year hitting 30 like galchenyuk and saad they started out similar numbers in same role etc..

so i probably have too much hope for him lol

but there are scenarios we trade even tyler johnson so honestly vladdy is available you will do better with my friends than me though:)

Devils could hardly afford to trade Larsson -- and only did so for Taylor Hall -- so I highly doubt Severson goes anywhere at this point. Given the way the expansion draft works out, it would seem like acquiring Severson would leave Stralman or Koekkoek exposed so I don't see how that works from an TBL perspective either. Tampa seems to be in the win-now mode and Severson is a bit more of a project than a surefire bet.

Regardless, I don't see Severson leaving NJ, but at the same time, I didn't see Larsson either so who knows.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad