Prospect Info: Tampa Bay Lightning 2013 Prospect Rankings - #7

MattM92

Dec 8, 2010
FL
Voting Vladdy for the 3rd time in a row or something like that. Really high on him, think he'll be a very good 2nd line C in 5 years

zeykshade

May 27, 2011
Tannhauser Gate
I'm by no means an expert, but TJ's outside ceiling is #2 Center and that's pushing it imo. I would love to be wrong. Namestnikov projects as 2C much more easily than TJ, even with TJ's production in the AHL. TJ is a better 2 way player currently though and 3C is much more readily available to him with time on the PK as well.

The Macho King

Back* to Back** World Champion
Jun 22, 2011
I'm by no means an expert, but TJ's outside ceiling is #2 Center and that's pushing it imo. I would love to be wrong. Namestnikov projects as 2C much more easily than TJ, even with TJ's production in the AHL. TJ is a better 2 way player currently though and 3C is much more readily available to him with time on the PK as well.

Oh I agree, it's just a question of pro-readiness v. potential.

Pontius Palat

Lurker
Dec 7, 2010
Edmonton, Alberta
I voted Gudas. He's already been slotted by some to be on our second pair and wouldn't look too out of place there. His physicality is as beastly as his beard and he's the type of player that wins championships. He's only 23 and defensemen peak older than forwards, so I think he's a keeper. He's also a perfect organizational fit and boasts a top 3 beard leaguewide, which just adds gravy to the cake.

zeykshade

May 27, 2011
Tannhauser Gate
Gudas is ready to take the next step, but he's not ready for top 4 ice imo. His decision making regarding going for the big hit or putting himself between the net and the man isn't quite there. That's expected though. Typically takes 250-300 games in the NHL before Defensemen "get" it.

The Macho King

Back* to Back** World Champion
Jun 22, 2011
Also, how awesome is it that with our #7 prospect we're choosing between two well-developing first round picks? These guys in other markets would be hyped to heaven... and we have them at #7 and #8. It feels good to have such an excellent prospect pool.

LightningStrikes

Champa Bay Lightning
Nov 24, 2009
Speaking of Jackson: According to hockeydb.com he didn't play the whole year. I know he was let go by us after his contract expired but is he still injured?

Last edited:

Felonious Python

Minor League Degenerate
Aug 20, 2004
Speaking of Jackson: According to hockeydb.com he didn't play the whole year. I know he was let go by us after his contract expired but is he still injured?

That's a really good question. Elite Prospects has him categorized him as retired, but I can't find a formal announcement on that.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad