Tribute T.J. Oshie Appreciation Thread

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
1726701727207.png

One of the greatest, most-beloved Capitals of all time.

Whether or not you return, we want to express our appreciation and gratitude.

Do what's best for you and your family. Maybe we'll see you on the links.

We love ya, Oshbabe.

1726701820506.gif

Brian23

Dec 3, 2011
Least this makes it easy to know who I'm getting the black flying weagle jersey of now. Was really struggling on who to get.

Reactions: Calicaps

Jags

Mildly Disturbed
May 5, 2016
Central Florida
When you look up “glue guy” in the hockey dictionary, it has a picture of TJ Oshie right next to it.

My dictionary doesn't have "glue guy" in it at all, and Oshie's picture is nowhere to be found. Then I checked and the publishing date of the last printed dictionary ever was 1996, when having a picture of Oshie in it would've been vaguely creepy cuz he was like 9.

This might be one of those things lost to history, like doing the "rolling down your window" motion to get people to lower their window even though that hasn't been a thing in forever, or how you can tell a modern movie or TV show is made by someone our age cuz when they have an actor hang up on someone they drop in a dial tone sound even though they're using cell phones. Shit we're old.

What the f*** were we even talking about? Oshie! Yeah, he sure could hockey good. Might be my favorite Cap ever. Not sure I can think of a Cap more clutch than him. The organization should give him whatever job they have to to keep him in town. Everybody loves that guy.

zappa4ever

Music is the Best!
Feb 10, 2010
MD/VA/WV intersection
Oshbabe! :yo:
Never in my life of being a crazy hockey fan has anyone run up my list of favorite all-time NHL'ers faster than Timothy Jimothy; just a pure love for the game

I can't think of anyone who'd be a better teammate, in every aspect you can think of; on-ice, off-ice and everything in between

Nothing better than a big dude barreling down on Oshie thinking they've got him lined up only to get leveled by a reverse-hit

So glad he hit the 1000 gm milestone and 300g and finished the season on the ice vs how NB19 had to withdraw

Be curious how close he stays to the team after this year

Calicaps

NFA
Aug 3, 2006
Almost Canada
It's a weird thing, this phase of the Caps. The last time a veteran roster devolved was the late-'90's sell-off. Hated seeing Bonzai traded and Kolzig wearing the Bolt. But watching our Cup roster succumb to age is different. On the one hand, it feels good to see these guys retire as Caps, but on the other, it's slower and more painful.

Either way, this one hurts. Hope he sticks around with the org.

qc14

Jul 1, 2024
I think that there's a pretty good case to be made that the trade and re-signing of Oshie was the defining move of the MacLellan-era Caps. That top-6 winger they had so desperately needed and an incredible locker room presence. Pretty funny too that after years of being derided in St Louis for disappearing in the playoffs he became our most consistent non-Ovi playoff performer putting up 60 points in 76 games.

Just one of those guys that from his first game here you thought was always meant to be in DC. So glad he helped deliver the cup and made it to 1k games here and I hope he continues to be around the organization for a long time.

RedRocking

Jan 8, 2022
NoCal
Absolute warrior, shootout sorcerer, and king of the bumper. One of my all-time favorite Caps.

I’ll always remember him getting a hat trick the day after his father passed. Him sobbing on the bench and in Backy’s arms. Just a great dude. Hopefully his back stabilizes, and he can just enjoy his family.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad