Prospect Info: Syracuse Crunch, Orlando Solar Bears & Prospects

LordStanlersCup

Sep 6, 2024
How long is it going to take Sheary to report to Syracuse? I thought he would have been with the team by now

edit: Favale just announced he is supposed to arrive this weekend

Last edited:

Felonious Python

Minor League Degenerate
Aug 20, 2004
I've had less time with the Solar Bears new white jersey, but I think that the pants need to change. Solid purple.

I make it no secret I didn't like the kit the team has worn the past number of years. Grafting teal on doesn't necessarily make it better.

The old design was a copy of the Pittsburgh Penguins, with some stuff added in. The new design is a copy of the old one, with some more new stuff added in.

I will give credit where it's due, I like the typeface for the numbers, although I've felt that the nameplates look too...dainty? They're certainly harder to read from a distance than any opponent. The Penguins kit is chunky all around, including the names and numbers, and it works for them.

I'd have dumpstered the whole thing and started over, but the new dark sweater turned out pretty good. I feel that the elements come together nicely, and the dainty nameplates sort of work with that one.

The core issue is that the lights and darks are essentially different designs, but they're forced to share some of my least favorite elements from the past few years.

I always say to start with the pants. They don't change between uniforms, so you need to build around them.

The pants work for the Penguins because they have the restraint to stay away from the minor league inclination for maximalism. You don't, and can't, do every thing. You have to subtract at some point. Kill something.

The white kit isn't working for me because the pants are too loud for what is meant to be a very straightforward design.

The alternative would be to essentially dump the jersey. Start firing up some possible white alternates before the jersey switch, and go with the best one for the playoffs.

Also, I'm sorry, but having the Lightning's logo on the shoulders is lame. I'm a Lightning fan, on a Lightning board saying that. We want our guys to be leaders, but we bend a knee and put someone else's logo on our sweater.

Felonious Python

Minor League Degenerate
Aug 20, 2004
My attempt at showing what a solid pant would look like.

3vOLr7U.png

It's fine. It's still a bit busy, but the jersey is the highlight now.

Felonious Python

Minor League Degenerate
Aug 20, 2004
Im not a fan of the stripes in the mid section, feels like it takes away from the logo and makes it look too cluttered imo
My interpretation is that it's like a jersey from the early 80s, so they have to almost lean into that.

I would consider the dark sweater an improvement, but the whites are a downgrade from last year.

LordStanlersCup

Sep 6, 2024
My interpretation is that it's like a jersey from the early 80s, so they have to almost lean into that.

I would consider the dark sweater an improvement, but the whites are a downgrade from last year.
yeah but even when the NHL makes updated retro jerseys they tend to simplify them and make then look more modern while keeping some of the main aspects of the old jerseys. This would probably look terrible but if they really wanted to lean into the 80s/90s vibe having this as their elbow and mid section stripes would be hilarious

Solo_Jazz_design.jpg

Felonious Python

Minor League Degenerate
Aug 20, 2004
yeah but even when the NHL makes updated retro jerseys they tend to simplify them and make then look more modern while keeping some of the main aspects of the old jerseys. This would probably look terrible but if they really wanted to lean into the 80s/90s vibe having this as their elbow and mid section stripes would be hilarious

View attachment 922471
The Bears started in the jazzy cup era of the 90s, so it actually makes quite a bit of sense.

I think they were going for the Calgary Flames, inspired by their early 80s look.
udOvsJL.jpeg

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad