GDT: Switzerland - Sweden

PTmbp13

Jan 21, 2007
Sweden 1st and 2nd lines are decent.
Switzerland roster is better IMO
Let s see if Sweden wants to win and if they start aggressively the game.
An interesting one for sure
Idk about that. Sweden has 2-3 teams strong as this team Swiss got. Swedes has to get it together to win. In the Last two games they had no will to win. Talent alone cant win even agaisnt Denmark

weklof

Jan 30, 2009
Solna, Sweden
Yeah, a totally different team tonight. Finally playing like it is not exhibition. Let's just hope they don't feel satisfied now and let the Swiss back in the game. We have to play like this for the rest of tournament. Frödén has looked really good, should've been playing from game 1.

ThaiTanicDK

Oct 26, 2016
This is one of the strangest IIHF tournaments in a long time if you look at the results so far lol

Chimpradamus

Feb 16, 2006
Northern Sweden
Very even match so far. Genoni looks bad on both goals.
Deflections are a nightmare for goalies, I can't fault him for that even if it goes five hole. I think he was screened as well. The second goal he probably could've had, but the accuracy on the shot was quite impressive combined with being screened, so he couldn't read the shooter and had a tougher time tracking the puck. I wouldn't say he has been that bad.

mosare

Dec 19, 2013
Sweden plays good, but 2:0 is at least 1 goals too high. The swiss looks not yet that good as expected.

AB13

Apr 29, 2019
Nice aggressive forechecking and fast paced passing from Sweden. Need to keep the intensity up to win but it is a deserved lead so far.

DowJones

Aug 30, 2008
Finally, the team that went MIA the first two game has come back. Great game so far.

Jon Riley

May 2, 2015
Oslo
Sweden is playing with the belligerence that Switzerland had in the first two matches. Aggressive forecheck and hard work, then the skills come out.

Swiss defense a but shaky, Untersander turnover was a good example. Kurashev's line is not really working, I like how the Corvi Simon Hofmann is playing so far. Hofmann looks quick and focused as usual

Reactions: PTmbp13 and amikaro

Jayan

NYR fanatic
Jul 6, 2012
I was about 30 mins behind in my stream and was like.. what the heck are they talking about its 0-0 and just started...

LOLS :/

Antiillafire

May 1, 2021
Trnava, Slovakia
Exactly this attitude can cost us QF spot. Never write off Switzerland. They will have a completely different game plan for the next match.
I mean, I think it’s more the opposite. Swiss should be heavy favorites against us. I’m not writing off Swiss at all, but saying that boys should not be off put by the line matchups. They should not overlook us

Reactions: stastny12

matsqq

Jan 3, 2011
Sweden is not this good and Switzerland certainly isn't this bad ....

Sometimes you get your A game and your opponent brings their D game .... and to be honest Sweden has also been a bit lucky ....

But so far very, very good game from Sweden .

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad