Olympics: Swimming

GQS

Aug 2, 2005
Wow amazing race for Summer! Have to say those American underwater turns are INSANE!! Everytime they turn and come back up they seem to catch up to the leader in the race or go even more ahead. We've seen a few other swimmers like some of the French ones do it and I wonder why more aren't doing it when it seems to be so good? I wonder how much faster Summer could go if she stayed underwater and glided for longer like the Americans did?

BMOK33

Oct 5, 2005
I think that'll be the final Ledecky 800 win unless McIntosh opts to not run it in 2028 again, but she'll probably opt out of one of the smaller events. Ledecky may just do the 1500 there anyway

Reactions: Pavel Buchnevich

BMOK33

Oct 5, 2005
9 golds, tied for most gold medals in Olympic history for female athletes

And unless someone comes along she'll win the 1500 in 2028, she'd honestly probably win it in 2032 too but she probably retires after 28, she'd retire now if the Olympics were not in the US

Titmus swam a personal best and was barely within a length

Titmus nearly got her in 2021 at Tokyo, was a second or so closer but that was due to Ledecky I think being more overworked there than she has been here, she ran 1 or 2 less events.

BMOK33

Oct 5, 2005
US is almost as big a favorite in this mixed relay as they were in the Sha'Carri race and the track relay ;)

BMOK33

Oct 5, 2005
Damn, there was little interaction there between China and the US after that, no surprise given there has been alot of animosity from just about all countries between them

Mick Riddleton

Boomer : This, gentlemen, is no time to think.
Apr 24, 2017
Wow amazing race for Summer! Have to say those American underwater turns are INSANE!! Everytime they turn and come back up they seem to catch up to the leader in the race or go even more ahead. We've seen a few other swimmers like some of the French ones do it and I wonder why more aren't doing it when it seems to be so good? I wonder how much faster Summer could go if she stayed underwater and glided for longer like the Americans did?
One of the yanks was disqualified for an illegal turn, and 4th place moved into the bronze position.

BMOK33

Oct 5, 2005
So far two pretty massive upsets today, Finke was +650, China was maybe +400, lets see if the Aussie women at +550 can do it too

GQS

Aug 2, 2005
Surprising in the women's relay that Summer couldn't hold the lead given to her to give Canada a silver. Really thought they had it when she jumped into the water in 2nd place that she could hold it, but then she faded back on the last lap and finished 4th. :( :confused: :(

Pavel Buchnevich

"Pavel Buchnevich The Fake"
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Surprising in the women's relay that Summer couldn't hold the lead given to her to give Canada a silver. Really thought they had it when she jumped into the water in 2nd place that she could hold it, but then she faded back on the last lap and finished 4th. :( :confused: :(
Australia was always going to get second if they were close. O’Callaghan is the best freestylist out there right now and beat everyone’s splits easily. That McIntosh was so much slower than the Chinese lady is the bigger surprise. Probably was just tired, and 100 isn’t really her best distance anyway.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Cyprus vs Kosovo
    Cyprus vs Kosovo
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $731.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • France vs Belgium
    France vs Belgium
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $1,052.00