Swayman Vs The Bruins

Fatass

Apr 17, 2017
Subban is a guy who, in the last few years of his career, was top 5 most paid defenseman but played like ass and looked like his summer training was going into as many all-you-can eat buffets as he could find.

His plea in favour of Swayman getting paid makes me even more sympathetic to the Bruins, not less.
PK is an ex player who’s expressing the players’ perspective. We, as fans, almost always side with our clubs, because it’s the constant as players come and go. PK is showing that the players focus their anger at management. They side with each other. Which makes sense considering they are the employees and management are the bosses.

It is his job to recognize he’s part of team and see the bigger picture as it relates to his actions and how they affect his teammates.
That’s true but not when it comes to negotiating a contract. The players are employees (much like a lot of us) and want their fellow workers to get the best deal possible. It raises the bar for everyone.

JPT

Jul 4, 2024
I could feed my family on 1.5% of his salary. Just saying.
Yes professional athletes and sports leagues as a whole make entirely too much money relative to their benefit to society. Swayman isn't negotiating in a world where athletes are compensated relative to their benefit to society, though, so it doesn't matter.

Oilslick941611

Jul 4, 2006
Ottawa
Yea I don't have a problem with a player taking it personal. It sounds more like he used it a motivation, than he's whining.
Yah. He’s not running to the media and giving them quotes. He’s being asked questions and he’s just being honest.

Yes professional athletes and sports leagues as a whole make entirely too much money relative to their benefit to society. Swayman isn't negotiating in a world where athletes are compensated relative to their benefit to society, though, so it doesn't matter.
Pay is never about worth to society.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad