GDT: SVK vs POL 15.5.2024

Albatros

Aug 19, 2017
Ostsee
Slovakia has probably seen enough of that for one day. Might even withdraw from the tournament.

Fight4yourRight

“Chuck’s my guy”
Dec 18, 2017
Yikes. Horrific giveaway in the offensive zone by that Polish player leads to a grade A scoring chance. They will need to minimize these brutal plays if they want to keep the score respectable.

RKBoy

Feb 23, 2024
those dreadful PPs jesus.. but this is occurring thing across all levels from U18s to Seniors.. whoever is in charge of them needs to be fired, its criminal to have so many creative players and create next to nothing in them.

aonb

Oct 26, 2013
Regenda should be benched for the entire 3rd period for being this dumb, really

Poland should also just refuse to play in PP, we have better chance to score a goal during 5 on 5, its just waste of 2 minutes

Reactions: Summer Rose

PhysicalGraffiti

Bolts STM
Jul 26, 2007
NY to TB
Is Poland hopeless for the upcoming future? I know they aren't a hockey powerhouse and haven't produced a ton of players, but I don't follow international hockey close enough to know.

legionista

Jan 17, 2013
Maryland/Brooklyn
Is Poland hopeless for the upcoming future? I know they aren't a hockey powerhouse and haven't produced a ton of players, but I don't follow international hockey close enough to know.
Complicated question with a complicated and long answer.

In short, hopeless? No. In trouble? Yes.

Ice hockey is not even in the top 10 most popular sports in Poland, it gets no love, no funding, very little media attention.

Last edited:

awegrzyn

Jun 17, 2014

Totally hopeless. Same stories I heard in the 80s as a child. Nothing ever changed. Black hole.
Since then I moved to USA and took my son through a hockey program. He played AAA and after he "retired" his team finally was second in the country. I have seen what it takes to build "hockey". Poland will never ever know what it even means, not to mention do it. But the solution is super simple, I can write it in 5 points.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad