TV: Survivor: Season 47 - Fall 2024

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Rodgerwilco

Entertainment boards w/ some Hockey mixed in.
Feb 6, 2014
Meant to start this thread before the premiere last night.

1726755599862.png

Season 47 started out like all recent seasons. 3 Separate tribes of 6 players each. The episode opened with a marooning, as usual, and Jeff immediately took them to their first challenge.

At first glance the tribes appear to be relatively equal in terms of strength and mental acuity. As many of us have discussed in the general discussion thread, the cast continues to be mostly a bunch of white collar folks. It seems they're getting more people who are somewhat public. I really am very much against the fact that they cast a host of Rob Has a Podcast, but I guess we'll see how that transpires. This Link has a list of character bios.

As far as Episode 1 goes, I'm glad they went with a shocker right out of the gate. Makes me wonder what they weren't showing us that went down to lead to that vote. It really blows me away that Andy wasn't voted out. I tend to think that people saw through John's "I'm just a podcast host" shtick and were intimidated by his silver tongue and obvious intelligence, also the fact that he was not really gelling with the rest of the tribe due to him being a bit older. Kinda wild that someone who is only 41 could be considered "the old guy" on the tribe. .

I kind of like the twist that they did with the boxes inside the boxes. It's a good test of temptation to see how far someone is willing to go to see how much power they're going to try to get. Almost bit them a couple times already. I always find it comical that people get judgmental of others for doing what everyone should be doing... which is looking for advantages or idols.

All in all, it's obviously too early to tell how this season will be. I hope Andy doesn't go full on Brandon or Bhanu mode, as I don't really like when they focus too much on the 'crazy guy'.

Chairman Maouth

Retired Staff
Apr 29, 2009
Comox Valley
My take...

All right that didn't take long. First contestant - first douchebag. I cannot see Sam lasting long. That level of entitlement, narcissism and douchebaggery rarely takes a contestant far.

So far the contestant's life stories are pretty lame. He made a brownie out of life? Like WTF?

That plastic surgery ain't fooling me. She's gotta be the oldest contestant ever.

These people are way too happy.

Genevieve has that hot nerd thing going on. You know if she takes her glasses off and shakes her hair out that there's a babe hiding under there.

Three idols in one now? f***ing gimmicks.

Andy has some major issues.

Why did they vote that guy out? I must have missed something.

All in all, I found the premier a little weak and not up to last season's.

Last edited:

Rodgerwilco

Entertainment boards w/ some Hockey mixed in.
Feb 6, 2014
My take...

All right that didn't take long. First contestant - first douchebag. I cannot see Sam lasting long. That level of entitlement, narcissism and douchebaggery rarely takes a contestant far.

So far the contestant's life stories are pretty lame. He made a brownie out of life? Like WTF?

That plastic surgery ain't fooling me. She's gotta be the oldest contestant ever.

These people are way too happy.

Genevieve has that hot nerd thing going on. You know if she takes her glasses off and shakes her hair out that there's a babe hiding under there.

Three idols in one now? f***ing gimmicks.

Andy has some major issues.

Why did they vote that guy out? I must have missed something.

All in all, I found the premier a little weak and not up to last season's.
Yep, they love to highlight the douchebag pretty quickly out the gate. Gotta give people someone to hate.

There's no one that jumps out at me so far that I really like. I think Genevieve looked pretty good as she is, tbh lol.

As I said, I like the idol twist, it makes the players have to weigh risk vs. reward and see how far they're willing to push their luck.

Andy is clearly this season's basket case, looking forward to seeing how far he pushes it, but it's also getting a bit tiresome already.

I think the vote really had to do with him having a silver tongue and not quite fitting in with his peers.

Glad to see you're at least somewhat less negative than usual, buddy. :laugh:

• Haha
Reactions: Chairman Maouth

Chairman Maouth

Retired Staff
Apr 29, 2009
Comox Valley
"Glad to see you're at least somewhat less negative than usual, buddy. :laugh:"

I literally laughed out loud at that. When I posted earlier I reread it and asked myself if I maybe come off as too negative at times. :laugh:

But hey, I criticize some and express my admiration for others. I'm not negative. I'm realistic, at least within my own mind.

We're both right about Genevieve. I looked her up. I was actually impressed about how right I was about her. DAMN!!! :laugh:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad