NFL: Upset of the Week - Week 1; Back to Football!!

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

PanthersPens62

Paul & Stanley
Mar 7, 2009
Home of The Cup
Yes, it is back and better than ever by hugely popular demand!!! :laugh: As a reminder & for those who may be new, the rules are very simple. The team you pick must be at least a one point underdog at time of kickoff (so if you pick early in the week like I do, & your pick is no longer an underdog by kickoff, you will need to re-pick). And again, it does not matter whether YOU believe your pick or someone else's pick is an upset....if its an underdog by at least 1, it is fair game. That said......good luck to all!

This week I'm going South of the border in the 1st NFL game ever played in Brazil. Last year, the Eagles cratered down the stretch, while the Pack were red hot. I'm counting on these trends to continue. First official pick for the season is:

Packers over Eagles

Eagles favored by 1 & 1/2

Last season: 8-10

Last Season's champs: @Marc the Habs Fan & yours truly with a not so sparkling 8-10 record.

Reactions: Marc the Habs Fan

SJSharksfan39

Oct 11, 2008
San Jose, CA
Week 1 is always the hardest, considering we don't know who would have a let down and who might surprise. With that said I'm surprised Dallas are underdogs against Cleveland:

Week 1: Dallas over Cleveland (Browns favored by 2.5)

Last edited:

Marc the Habs Fan

Nov 30, 2002
Longueuil
Week 1: Cowboys over Browns

A rusty Deshaun with OL questions? I don't think that's a good combo against a team that in the regular season wins most of its games.

BostonBob

4 Ever The Greatest
Jan 26, 2004
Vancouver, BC
Even though it's a road game I find it a bit surprising that Dallas is a 2.5 point underdog to Cleveland. Who knows which version of Deshaun Watson will show up for this game ???? So I'll gladly take the Cowboys. :thumbu:

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
A flip here I think. Rams over the Lions.

Last edited:

BostonBob

4 Ever The Greatest
Jan 26, 2004
Vancouver, BC
I didn't play last season so are we using the point spread here or just straight up winners. For example - I picked Dallas to beat Cleveland who is a 2.5 point favorite. If Dallas loses by only 2 points do I win or lose ????

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad