TV: Survivor 46

Rodgerwilco

Entertainment boards w/ some Hockey mixed in.
Feb 6, 2014
Watching Gabon right now and it's just mindblowing how even with similarly shit-show type of gameplay, the older seasons are just so much better on so many levels.

Because of the unique topography of the location the challenges were able to be more unique and interesting instead of everything just being obstacle course -> puzzle. Now every season is in the same boring location. Heck you've even got former players commenting about things that happened in the same location on their season.

The rewards were more epic, their families actually showed up for the family visit instead of the letters they do today. The people actually fished and cooked their food and had rice to eat.

And of course, people were actually allowed to be mean. Between Randy, Crystal, Corrine, it's great to see people not be kumbaya all season, especially when they vote people out. They didn't use to all tell the person how much they love them and how great of a job they did.

shakes the clown

Jan 11, 2010
Chicago
^your last paragraph reminds of me everyone hugging each other after EVERYTHING in Big Brother. As a major introvert, that shit would not fly with me
lol, my wife (also an introvert) always comments during BB how she could never play that game because of the all the constant hugging.

Reactions: Jovavic

Rodgerwilco

Feb 6, 2014
^your last paragraph reminds of me everyone hugging each other after EVERYTHING in Big Brother. As a major introvert, that shit would not fly with me

lol, my wife (also an introvert) always comments during BB how she could never play that game because of the all the constant hugging.
The thing that always weirded me out is that they all start saying they love each other like 5 minutes into the season lol.

Rodgerwilco

Feb 6, 2014
In retrospect the Bhanu debacle at the beginning was the perfect foreword to the shit show of this season. One of the sloppiest seasons ever.

Highly entertaining though. Maria going full heel and doing a Q impersonation by blatantly contradicting herself, only for Liz to lose by rock paper scissors was insane lol.

Reactions: Satans Hockey

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
In retrospect the Bhanu debacle at the beginning was the perfect foreword to the shit show of this season. One of the sloppiest seasons ever.

Highly entertaining though. Maria going full heel and doing a Q impersonation by blatantly contradicting herself, only for Liz to lose by rock paper scissors was insane lol.
Listening to Bhanu break down for 4 episodes was arguably my lowest point as a Survivor fan. I consider this season to have started once he left and it's been magnificent chaos since then. I do suppose I would use the word sloppy in the sense that everyone has been so damn convinced Q was going home that they never thought to play their idol. Q is the greatest shield in the history of Survivor

Q has a clear path to the end now. He has weathered the storm. What does he have to deal with now? Liz being mad about Q eating twice? Kenzie has no one left to work with to out Q. Maria as the kingpin running the votes is now the story

93LEAFS

Nov 7, 2009
Toronto

Bhanu I feel only got two episodes that really revolved around him, and it was really the misfortune of the Randen medivac.

I'm starting to wonder if we might see a heroes vs villains scenario at the end, that the jury is so mad at Q, and Maria for enabling him that whoever is sitting next to them will win (not that Sandra was a bad winner), just the dynamics that seem to be building.

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
Bhanu I feel only got two episodes that really revolved around him, and it was really the misfortune of the Randen medivac.

I'm starting to wonder if we might see a heroes vs villains scenario at the end, that the jury is so mad at Q, and Maria for enabling him that whoever is sitting next to them will win (not that Sandra was a bad winner), just the dynamics that seem to be building.
This is starting to remind me more of Edge of Extinction in that you have so many people who have stopped playing and their sole focus is to out Rick Devins/Q. I mean yeah everyone said "Screw you Russell you POS and screw you too Parvati for enabling him" but Q is literally just sitting there waiting for the next challenge hardly talking to anyone. And then they get mad when he eats pizza and Applebee's knowing full and well that had he taken Liz, it wouldn't have made a difference anyway.

This seriously reminding me of that scene in Game of Thrones where King Robert is just making his squire's life a living hell. "You can't put on my armor?" Buddy says "You're fat" everyone laughs. "The hell you laughing at boy?" "Sorry your grace that wasn't funny" "Oh my best friend's joke wasn't funny?" I mean Jesus Christ you know its deliberate at that point and Ned Stark has to ask King Robert to lay off. Q is hated no matter what he does just like that

I am seeing it differently. In a final 3 I don't know how someone like Tevin or Hunter doesn't bat for Q saying "He literally worked with anyone he could and went into every tribal dead man walking. The ransom for his torch to be snuffed was so high that 3 people straight up didn't play immunity idols becuase they thought he was going home. And you're mad he's still here" Tiffany and Venus can be as mad as they f***ing want. They're the ones who stopped playing and didn't save themselves with their own idols

I can only speak for myself but if I am on the jury there is nothing anyone is saying to change my vote from Q. The only other person I've seen with the deck stacked on them *THAT MUCH* for this long was Bret in Samoa, Erik in China, Rick Devins and Kelly Wigglesworth. It is has been a hot damn minute.

Last edited:

93LEAFS

Nov 7, 2009
Toronto
This is starting to remind me more of Edge of Extinction in that you have so many people who have stopped playing and their sole focus is to out Rick Devins/Q. I mean yeah everyone said "Screw you Russell you POS and screw you too Parvati for enabling him" but Q is literally just sitting there waiting for the next challenge hardly talking to anyone. And then they get mad when he eats pizza and Applebee's knowing full and well that had he taken Liz, it wouldn't have made a difference anyway.

This seriously reminding me of that scene in Game of Thrones where King Robert is just making his squire's life a living hell. "You can't put on my armor?" Buddy says "You're fat" everyone laughs. "The hell you laughing at boy?" "Sorry your grace that wasn't funny" "Oh my best friend's joke wasn't funny?" I mean Jesus Christ you know its deliberate at that point and Ned Stark has to ask King Robert to lay off. Q is hated no matter what he does just like that

I am seeing it differently. In a final 3 I don't know how someone like Tevin or Hunter doesn't bat for Q saying "He literally worked with anyone he could and went into every tribal dead man walking. The ransom for his torch to be snuffed was so high that 3 people straight up didn't play immunity idols becuase they thought he was going home. And you're mad he's still here" Tiffany and Venus can be as mad as they f***ing want. They're the ones who stopped playing and didn't save themselves with their own idols

I can only speak for myself but if I am on the jury there is nothing anyone is saying to change my vote from Q. The only other person I've seen with the deck stacked on them *THAT MUCH* for this long was Bret in Samoa, Erik in China, Rick Devins and Kelly Wigglesworth. It is has been a hot damn minute.
A ton of people have been shown not to respect Q, and him saying he wants to be voted out is part of that. I wouldn't be shocked if Hunter and Tevin feel Q is a major reason they are on the jury just through his chaotic actions. I have a very hard time seeing him getting Venus and Tiffany's vote, no idea on Soda, and I can't see him getting Kenzie, Ben or Liz if they are on the jury. So, he either needs a plurality win (and I don't believe that has ever happened at a final 3), or he needs to pull all of Maria, Charlie, Tevin, Hunter and Soda.

I like Q as a character, but he's incredibly flawed as a player.

I'd say the deck most stacked against them ever would be Dietz in Panama, Ben in HvHvH's and Mike Holloway. They were respected because they survived through either idols or going crazy on comp wins or both. Mike Holloway had to be immune from the votes from 9 on to get to FTC.

I think Q is surviving more because he's viewed as a jury goat. I believe Sophie once said (in regards to Cassidy in 43), the jury doesn't tend to respect someone who could easily have been voted out at anytime. Q falls into that category.

Reactions: Holden Caulfield

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
A ton of people have been shown not to respect Q, and him saying he wants to be voted out is part of that. I wouldn't be shocked if Hunter and Tevin feel Q is a major reason they are on the jury just through his chaotic actions. I have a very hard time seeing him getting Venus and Tiffany's vote, no idea on Soda, and I can't see him getting Kenzie, Ben or Liz if they are on the jury. So, he either needs a plurality win (and I don't believe that has ever happened at a final 3), or he needs to pull all of Maria, Charlie, Tevin, Hunter and Soda.

I like Q as a character, but he's incredibly flawed as a player.

I'd say the deck most stacked against them ever would be Dietz in Panama, Ben in HvHvH's and Mike Holloway. They were respected because they survived through either idols or going crazy on comp wins or both. Mike Holloway had to be immune from the votes from 9 on to get to FTC.

I think Q is surviving more because he's viewed as a jury goat. I believe Sophie once said (in regards to Cassidy in 43), the jury doesn't tend to respect someone who could easily have been voted out at anytime. Q falls into that category.
I actually forgot about Holloway and Dietz. I didn't watch HHH. Still need to. I didn't get a sense anyone respected Holloway as much he simply just kept winning immunity challenges over and over again and went against a goat in Will and Mama C suffered from having too damn many people to run against.

But I see your point. Well said

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
To my point of Q winning. Yes he could have been voted off any time. But people have TRIED TO. It wasn't delayed. There has been an actual, active, consorted effort to out him every night. This isn't Tony Vlachos running around like a chimp with a machine gun and caught 4 votes that one time and it was over. The guy flat out asked to be voted off like he was Chet in Fans vs Favorites and the people who hate Q STILL haven't done it yet. If you want to not respect Q becuase he got strung along go ahead. Q is still here because Liz has the social skills of a hermit crab and Venus is going down as one of the most unlikable players in recent history

Ben, Kenzie, Charlie and Liz have *LITERALLY* done nothing since the Q outburst. They wake up bitch about Q and string goats to the end. Venus might be as fun as a kidney stone but she was actually trying to play to win but like Marty in Nicaragua she was just playing with herself and suffered at the hand of her own vanit

I have never seen a cast kill off so many headline players and the fallout is just each person being thirsty for the credit and no one could agree on who did what until Maria made a move.

Last edited:

93LEAFS

Nov 7, 2009
Toronto
To my point of Q winning. Yes he could have been voted off any time. But people have TRIED TO. It wasn't delayed. There has been an actual, active, consorted effort to out him every night. This isn't Tony Vlachos running around like a chimp with a machine gun and caught 4 votes that one time and it was over. The guy flat out asked to be voted off like he was Chet in Fans vs Favorites and the people who hate Q STILL haven't done it yet. If you want to not respect Q becuase he got strung along go ahead. Q is still here because Liz has the social skills of a hermit crab and Venus is going down as one of the most unlikable players in recent history

Ben, Kenzie, Charlie and Liz have *LITERALLY* done nothing since the Q outburst. They wake up bitch about Q and string goats to the end. Venus might be as fun as a kidney stone but she was actually trying to play to win but like Marty in Nicaragua she was just playing with herself and suffered at the hand of her own vanit

I have never seen a cast kill off so many headline players and the fallout is just each person being thirsty for the credit and no one could agree on who did what until Maria made a move.
Charlie was in full control of the last vote.

I just mean, Q isn't making moves that are allowing him to stay, he's staying at the mercy of Maria and her alliance because they likely view him as a number and someone beatable at the end. I love Q as a character, but his game is incredibly flawed. I love tons of players who probably would never win Coach or Courtney Yates.

Mike Holloway was the most liked player in the end game by the No Collars and Shirin (since he was the only person to stand up/defend her in the Will incident). From there he only needed to get one more vote if he made it to the end.

Funny fact about Chet, he was basically encouraged by production to make it to tribal in Micronesia since they already lost one player to a quit and were worried about medivacs (Penner and James). If he didn't get voted out that tribal he would have been medivac'd since his feet were actually messed up with an infection.

On the note of Chet, I'm not a big fan of the challenges although I get they are integral to drama and the show, but my all time favorite challenge will always be the reward challenge were Joel almost kills Chet. Even the players watching were horrified.

Peasy

May 25, 2012
Star Shoppin
Charlie was in full control of the last vote.

I just mean, Q isn't making moves that are allowing him to stay, he's staying at the mercy of Maria and her alliance because they likely view him as a number and someone beatable at the end. I love Q as a character, but his game is incredibly flawed. I love tons of players who probably would never win Coach or Courtney Yates.

Mike Holloway was the most liked player in the end game by the No Collars and Shirin (since he was the only person to stand up/defend her in the Will incident). From there he only needed to get one more vote if he made it to the end.

Funny fact about Chet, he was basically encouraged by production to make it to tribal in Micronesia since they already lost one player to a quit and were worried about medivacs (Penner and James). If he didn't get voted out that tribal he would have been medivac'd since his feet were actually messed up with an infection.

On the note of Chet, I'm not a big fan of the challenges although I get they are integral to drama and the show, but my all time favorite challenge will always be the reward challenge were Joel almost kills Chet. Even the players watching were horrified.

I recently re-watched that season and couldnt believe how insane that challenge was lmao. Several people got pretty badly injured.

Weird to see how many people focus nowadays of making a big move for their resume. Never usually works out... Not sure why you want it to be such an open display (i know for the jury but theres other ways to get what you did across).

93LEAFS

Nov 7, 2009
Toronto
I recently re-watched that season and couldnt believe how insane that challenge was lmao. Several people got pretty badly injured.

Weird to see how many people focus nowadays of making a big move for their resume. Never usually works out... Not sure why you want it to be such an open display (i know for the jury but theres other ways to get what you did across).
I've always believed the art of the game is primarily being liked. It may not please viewers, but a massive portion of the game is just being liked.

shakes the clown

Jan 11, 2010
Chicago
Venus going home with an idol in her pocket and Liz missing out on another food reward was amazing lmfao

few things in life these days could make me happier lol.

Loved Uranus (I refuse to call her Venus since that's too cool of a planet name) talking about how she has this amazing social game that allows her to not play her idol.

I'm pulling for a Q win. This season deserves a Q win.

Reactions: Satans Hockey

93LEAFS

Nov 7, 2009
Toronto

Loved Uranus (I refuse to call her Venus since that's too cool of a planet name) talking about how she has this amazing social game that allows her to not play her idol.

I found Venus refreshing, and I'm gonna cheer for Toronto people if they are cast unless I hate how they are playing (Shan).

She wasn't good at Survivor. But, I will say, like Q, she was fun to watch. Part of these shows is having chaotic people and having regular/normal people react/navigate around them.

Holden Caulfield

Eternal Skeptic
Feb 15, 2006
Winnipeg

Haha, I just can't see a path to victory for Q myself. I think he's a zero vote finalist. Too chaotic to be a threat so he'll be dragged to the end. But nobody is gonna vote for the win for a guy who tried to quit, IMO.

Who can he sit next to at the end and beat? Maybe Liz. Maybe. But I can't see Q beating any of the Siga 3 at final tribal, they've run basically the entire game. And Kenzie if she manages to slide into final 3 has better relationship building, same sob story about original tribe, and has made more of an impact even if she was left off the Tiff vote.

I should stop doing predictions but next week I think...
The Siga 3 break here at 6. If I'm Charlie and Maria, now at 6 is the time to go after each other. It'll be Charlie+Ben vs Maria+Q. And it'll depend who can bring in Kenzie and Liz. I think Liz will side with Charlie cause of her Q hatred. And I think Charlie can sell his vision to Kenzie better. Leaving Maria going home barring another immunity win. If she does win immunity, then it'll be interesting. I do think all of Charlie/Maria/Ben/Kenzie want to sit with Q and Liz at the end.

Reactions: 93LEAFS

shakes the clown

Jan 11, 2010
Chicago
I found Venus refreshing, and I'm gonna cheer for Toronto people if they are cast unless I hate how they are playing (Shan).

She wasn't good at Survivor. But, I will say, like Q, she was fun to watch. Part of these shows is having chaotic people and having regular/normal people react/navigate around them.

Q I enjoy, he's fun and also has perspective on who he is and the game he's played.

Couldn't stand Uranus. She's not fun and is completely delusional about her abilities and game. I don't enjoy watching people like that unless except for watching them suffer their inevitable downfall.

93LEAFS

Nov 7, 2009
Toronto
Q I enjoy, he's fun and also has perspective on who he is and the game he's played.

Couldn't stand Uranus. She's not fun and is completely delusional about her abilities and game. I don't enjoy watching people like that unless except for watching them suffer their inevitable downfall.
I dunno, I didn't enjoy Venus's downfall simply because the edit made it abundantly clear she was on her own.

I much prefer downfall's of people who actually get a taste of power, become delusional and then get voted out. Best example of this is John Carrol in Marquasas or Russell getting humiliated at two Final tribals in a row.

shakes the clown

Jan 11, 2010
Chicago
I dunno, I didn't enjoy Venus's downfall simply because the edit made it abundantly clear she was on her own.

I much prefer downfall's of people who actually get a taste of power, become delusional and then get voted out. Best example of this is John Carrol in Marquasas or Russell getting humiliated at two Final tribals in a row.
you're right, it's definitely more fun when someone running the show becomes drunk with power and then gets completely blindsided.

I enjoyed Uranus' downfall because I love seeing idiots get voted out. The biggest idiots left in the game before this week's vote were Uranus, Kenzie, Liz and Ben. The 3 girls are morons because they were laser focused on how much they hated and wouldn't work with Q that they completely ignored the power duo of Charlie+Maria. So blinded by hatred that they stopped playing the game. Ben, OTOH, never started playing and is completely clueless. Like, does he even have a plan? Have we ever seen a confessional with Ben where he discusses any strategy at all? what was up with his Kenzie vote this week?

If those 3 dumb girls had any clue how to play this game they would've tried to team up with Q and vote out the Siga 3, but instead they alienated Q and put their games on hold till he was (or will) be voted out, going on 3 weeks now. Meanwhile, Maria recognized that Q was a wounded animal and brought him into the fold and turned him into a number for her alliance.

zombie kopitar

custom title
Jul 3, 2009
Venus>Q

It's Charlie's or Kenzie's to win, Maria played herself by doing rock,paper, scissors and I am here for it. Just like everyone else on this cast, she is not good at Survivor and has blown countless moments in the power position and when people have approached her. If Kenzie makes it to final 3 she has done the best jury management, but Charlie has played the stronger game

Reactions: SPV

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad