Pre-Game Talk: Super Bowl Sunday's afternoon game #1 Caps vs Habs 1PM EST

Status
Not open for further replies.

Davebo*

So - afternoon games. I've never been a fan, although the players don't seem to mind.

http://canadiens.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=751108&navid=DL|MTL|home

“It’s two afternoon games. There’s no real excuse [for playing poorly]. We all like playing afternoon games. You wake up, get ready for the game and you go. There’s not much thinking involved. We want to try and build off the last game against New York. Personally, I like these games. Hopefully, I can prove it now,†offered Max Pacioretty, who scored the game-winning goal in the Habs’ 1-0 shutout win over the Rangers on Thursday night at Madison Square Garden.

“Some guys like it, but some guys don’t. It messes up your regular routine. I really like it, though. You just get up in the morning and get going for the game. You get one good meal in you and go play. It takes you back to your minor hockey days. Regardless of the time, you’re just expected to show up and play the game. That’s the part I like about it,†explained Brendan Gallagher, who will be watching Sunday’s Patriots-Seahawks matchup alongside his dad, Ian, a devout New England supporter. “There’s just less preparation that goes into it. It’s hockey. You rely on your instincts. It makes it a little bit more enjoyale waking up that way.â€

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
Caps always give our boys all they can handle. Habs are 0-7 against Washignton, being out scored 25-5 since 2010

Last edited:

Pricef*

The Caps are really tough. Would not surprise me if we went 1-1 this weekend.

FF de Mars

Mar 2, 2002
42 rue Fontaine
I like afternoon games because European fans can watch it. I really hope someday the Habs try to reach for the French market, with an outdoor game at Parc des Princes in Paris !

Dirby Kach

Sponsor
Sep 2, 2009
The Habs actually beat the Capitals earlier this year.
Galchenyuk had that nice shootout goal.

Habskrieg

Apr 6, 2008
Germany
Having recently moved to Germany. I can finally watch a game. I'm so excited!

Caps are playing rather well. Hopefully we can contain Ovi and win this.

blarneylad

Feb 1, 2009
Not me. I'm still recovering.

I hate afternoon games. They're usually crappy games.

Rum and Coke Zeros = no hangover. Only thing I can drink now. Otherwise I'm ill for an entire day.

No drinking for afternoon games for me.

Go Habs Go :yo:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad