NFL GDT: Super Bowl LI: (1) New England Patriots Vs. (2) Atlanta Falcons - OT - Pats win

GabeTravels

ME > MN > GA
Sponsor
Nov 24, 2011
Marietta, GA
So I watched the game with my sister (also a Pats fan), my brother-in-law (despises the Pats) and about 10 others who were rooting heavily for Atlanta.

Before the game I put $75 down on a Pats/Under 7 point tease, so Pats +4, Under 65.

I admit come halftime I had pretty much given up hope, and was rooting for them to make it close enough that I would have a chance at a backdoor cover.

And then the last 20 minutes happened...I'm still in shock.

My heartrate was 155 according to my Apple Watch just before that last TD.

So lucky to be a Patriots fan. That was unbelievable. Can't sleep.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Buddy of mine had 1k down on the spread. Doubled down on Pats +13.5 at half with another grand trying to win it back

Won both of them. He is v happy.

Michael Hockey

Jun 4, 2012
2nd down. They had just stopped lynch

If you can`t get one yard with the legs of either Lynch or Wilson you should seriously either fire someone on that offence or perhaps resign yourself as you are clearly an inebt coach. What you don`t do is throw a pass in the middle of all the Patriots defenders out there. As bad things can happen there so very easily.

And as for this game, Atlanta left 6 points on the field when they messed up two good field goal opportunities when the game was on the line. (Points that most likely could have sealed the deal for them.)

Last edited:

jasonleaffan

Dec 7, 2008
Toronto
Anyone catch Mark Wahlberg leaving the game early? That is something I couldn't live with. I don't care if my team is down 50, I'm staying.

Michael Hockey

Jun 4, 2012
At what point in the game did Matt Ryan's helmet need to be replaced for a headset issue (I think it was)?

I have no evidence at all but I'm not ruling out the likelihood of Patriots shenanigans. :D

Perhaps Belichick hijacked the signals going into both Russel Wilson`s and Matt Ryan`s ear and changed the crucial play calls to passes in both Super Bowls? :naughty:

Fossy21

Nobel Prize Deke
Mar 14, 2013
Manning's opponent didn't commit one of the most flagrant choke jobs anyone has ever seen in any sport.

Different circumstances.

On the other hand, Manning's defences forced 9 turnovers in his two wins. Brady's defences forced 10 turnovers (obviously quite a few big ones) in his five wins (and one in his two losses).

And talking about talent around them... two HoF receivers with overlapping careers in Indy, a stacked offence (then defence) in Denver where Brady's best receiver ever (outside of Moss, for two seasons and a bit) was an afterthought.

Manning's statlines (especially TD to INT ratio) is obviously much worse than Brady's, but in the big game it's worse yet. An all-time great, definitely, and we can't know what they would have achieved in each others' places, but with what we know it shouldn't really be comparable even before this game.

If you can`t get one yard with the legs of either Lynch or Wilson you should seriously either fire someone on that offence or perhaps resign yourself as you are clearly an inebt coach. What you don`t do is throw a pass in the middle of all the Patriots defenders out there. As bad things can happen there so very easily.

And as for this game, Atlanta left 6 points on the field when they messed up two good field goal opportunities when the game was on the line. (Points that most likely could have sealed the deal for them.)

Sure, but how many points did the Pats leave on the field? And passing it into the end zone at the end of a half worked just fine for the Seahawks in the first half. Pats' "should have" had a lead (possibly a double digit one) going into halftime, but hindsight is 20/20.

TerminatorBlue

Nov 11, 2007
Canada
I truly wonder what state of mind that guy is in right now. He probably went and bought a mansion, some cars at halftime.

I was wondering the same thing, it's one thing to lose but to think you got it in the bag at half time or in the 3rd quarter and then that happen...:cry:

darko

Feb 16, 2009
still can't believe the falcons blew it

25 points! they had it. as much as I can't stand the pats, I can't find any way to deny that Brady is the greatest QB of all time

Going with a pass play and getting sacked whilst in FG territory was just a bonehead decision. Running play to run the clock down, kick a field goal and the game is over lol.

Michael Hockey

Jun 4, 2012
Sure, but how many points did the Pats leave on the field? And passing it into the end zone at the end of a half worked just fine for the Seahawks in the first half. Pats' "should have" had a lead (possibly a double digit one) going into halftime, but hindsight is 20/20.

Well considering how many mistakes they had during the first half of the game, probably quite a few potential points.

Pretty much the Patriots effort in the first half:

;)

PG Canuck

Mar 29, 2010
Anyone that bets 1.1 mill either has a super serious gambling addiction or money to burn. Or both.

No kidding. Dude was probably bored with it sitting in his bank account so he thought he'd try to double it up.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Anyone catch Mark Wahlberg leaving the game early? That is something I couldn't live with. I don't care if my team is down 50, I'm staying.

I think people think bostons love for wahlberg is a lot greater than it actually is, I'm going to put it that way.

He's going to do a remake of this game in a year and star as Tom Brady AND the security guard who stopped a bomb from going off in the stadium

spintheblackcircle

incoming!!!
Mar 1, 2002
Know what it's like to a Falcon fan for over 30 years?

It's like being the fat, bald guy that never takes the best looking girl home with him from the bar, ever. And then one night, it happens. For some reason, the beautiful woman goes home with you. Things are going great....and then things get foggy.....

......and when you come to, you're Marcellus Wallace in the cellar with Zed and The Gimp.

Warden of the North

Ned Stark's head
Apr 28, 2006
Muskoka
Know what it's like to a Falcon fan for over 30 years?

It's like being the fat, bald guy that never takes the best looking girl home with him from the bar, ever. And then one night, it happens. For some reason, the beautiful woman goes home with you. Things are going great....and then things get foggy.....

......and when you come to, you're Marcellus Wallace in the cellar with Zed and The Gimp.

Wouldnt it be that she finally comes back to your house but the cool guy is waiting in your driveway with a Ferrari and she leaves with him?

spintheblackcircle

incoming!!!
Mar 1, 2002
Wouldnt it be that she finally comes back to your house but the cool guy is waiting in your driveway with a Ferrari and she leaves with him?

....that's a WHOLE lot better sounding than the Marcellus Wallace scenario.

Ok, how about this?

It's like being engaged to the hottest woman you've ever met. You have no idea why she feels that way, but she says she loves you and moves in with you. 35 years and you thought you'd never have that, and it's so close.

Then you come home from work early and you catch her with Tom Brady.

Last edited by a moderator:

Knotty Moog

May 12, 2012
Los Angeles
....that's a WHOLE lot better sounding than the Marcellus Wallace scenario.

Ok, how about this?

It's like being engaged to the hottest woman you've ever met. You have no idea why she feels that way, but she says she loves you and moves in with you. 35 years and you thought you'd never have that, and it's so close.

Then you come home from work early and you catch her with Tom Brady.

I would be ok with that. I'd probably offer Tom a bottle of water.

Not her though.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad