WWE: Summerslam 2024

The Marquis

Aug 24, 2020
Washougal, WA
Great show. Not stoked about Nia beating my girl or Roman only appearing at big shows, but I’m not a WWE guy and never have been so it’s not made for me, and that’s ok.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Paul Levesque says he thinks this was the last one night Summerslam. Threw some cold water on a
2-night Royal Rumble but didn’t rule it out.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
Internet has informed me that along with the lineal Real World Championship.

Drew is now the lineal holder of Matt Hardy's 2021 Q1 earnings as Punk won that off of Hangman before he eventually got fired.

Also if you were curious. Cody Rhodes has lineal custody of Dom Mysterio and is the lineal Best in the World.

yahhockey

Jan 23, 2013
Wrestling is fun. No idea if Fatu is injured or not. I won’t get into why either case is a possibility. Overall it was an enjoyable evening.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Jacob Fatu is a freak athlete

It’s crazy how much of a star Roman has become. That pop was insane. Could you imagine this a handful of years ago when he’d get booed out of the building as a face?

Reactions: Habsfan18

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
Wrestling is fun. No idea if Fatu is injured or not. I won’t get into why either case is a possibility. Overall it was an enjoyable evening.
The post-show pressers are largely non-kayfabe, so if HHH says there's an issue with Jacob Fatu's leg, he's not lying.

Wade Barrett said it was the best show he’s ever seen
I can see the creative decisions appealing to a former wrestler/current commentator.

Linkens Mastery

Conductor of the TankTown Express
Jan 15, 2014
Hyrule
I don't think there is anything I would have changed in the Show except Gunther getting screwed by JD so he could get a rematch and win it in BERLIN.

yahhockey

Jan 23, 2013
Meltzer should eat a dick? Lol. He said he enjoyed it, it was easy to watch and it didn't drag. He also said it was an angles show and predictable. The only two matches I thought could go either way were Nia/Bayley and Drew/Punk although the latter I was expecting Drew to win. A couple of the friends I watched it with said Raw and to a lessor extent Smackdown could be crazy with all the storylines leading out of the PLE. So anecdotally from my perspective it appears to be predictable, angles setting up future stories and I thought the event flew by aka similar thoughts to Meltzer. If someone thinks what he said was bad enough to warrant a comment about eating a dick then you're a thin skinned WWE homer.

edit...I'll add a disclaimer that I don't mean Meltzer has never said anything worthy of being told to eat a dick and I'm sure he will say something eat a dick worthy in the future. The X post with his condensed thoughts on Summerslam is reasonable. People may agree or disagree but they aren't eat a dick worthy.

Last edited:

Scandale du Jour

JordanStaal#1Fan
Mar 11, 2002
Asbestos, Qc
www.angelfire.com
Meltzer should eat a dick? Lol. He said he enjoyed it, it was easy to watch and it didn't drag. He also said it was an angles show and predictable. The only two matches I thought could go either way were Nia/Bayley and Drew/Punk although the latter I was expecting Drew to win. A couple of the friends I watched it with said Raw and to a lessor extent Smackdown could be crazy with all the storylines leading out of the PLE. So anecdotally from my perspective it appears to be predictable, angles setting up future stories and I thought the event flew by aka similar thoughts to Meltzer. If someone thinks what he said was bad enough to warrant a comment about eating a dick then you're a thin skinned WWE homer.
Yeah, I think Meltzer is a self-agrandizing prick, but he said nothing wrong about Summerslam.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Cyprus vs Kosovo
    Cyprus vs Kosovo
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $731.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • France vs Belgium
    France vs Belgium
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $1,052.00