Transfer: Summer Transfer News And Rumors part 5

JeffreyLFC

Sep 29, 2017
I mean who can LFC get that is better? He is still pretty easily a top 5 maybe top 3 keeper in the world.

Easy decision to extend. Does need to up his levels though.
LOL, exactly.

Won the CL, Won the Copa America, Won the EPL, Won the WCC, scored the most important goal of the season.

What more can you ask? It's not like he was terrible either last year far from it.

JeffreyLFC

Sep 29, 2017
I’d raise that and give a hot take that Puig should’ve got more minutes than pedri.
The puig love fest is interesting to be honest. I would stay away from Barca talk but to me if he is as good as you guys claim I am pretty sure many clubs would be interested to drop serious money for him?

JeffreyLFC

Sep 29, 2017
He was terrible tbh. Need to rewatch some of the losses we had if you think otherwise.
I have watched all games. Many times in some cases. He was bad against Man City and that's it...
The Burnley PK should never have been allowed, it was a complete joke.

The main culprit from last season struggle is the fact that Klopp insisted on playing the high line without the proper cast and that LFC could not score to save their life and only relied on stupid crosses all the time.

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
I’d be careful about thinking Busio to Venezia is done. The local reporter who reports on his MLS team refuted a deal is done, as did the best American insider for this type of news. This guy put Romano in his place not long ago on the Bryan Reynolds transfer rumors.
Yeah, McDowell is very reliable and straight from Vermes. Fee and personal terms are not done, but a deal will probably be completed.

Reactions: Pavel Buchnevich

JeffreyLFC

Sep 29, 2017

2:30 of this video

Third goal fumbles his save.

There are a lot more but he needs to be better.

Unless your standards are clearly irrealist but this is far from dog shit. Was he perfect? no but nothing horrible. Actually maybe even unfortunate.

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
Passing it straight to the other team is really, really bad. Everyone liked to too easily blame our shit players for last season, but there was plenty of blame to go around.

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
He might be good but Moriba and Pedri are miles better and they could get Camavinga or a Gravenberch in addition to De Jong along with Fati to rebuild a young talented team. I don't see that much difference from a Puig to a Gilmour (chelsea). They might have a good career but certainly not at Chelsea/Barcelona

Lenglet, I simply don't get the love. He is very la liga type of defender as he is good with the ball but without it, nah not very good.

I don't think either of Moriba or Pedri are miles better, especially the former. Gilmour...

Again, I don't think you understood the sarcasm. Nobody loves Lenglet. FFS, even @Evilo doesn't love him.

With what money? Obviously they don't have any.

Which in a way is a blessing (and a curse of course) because then hopefully a guy like Puig gets a real chance. The problem is the manager.

The puig love fest is interesting to be honest. I would stay away from Barca talk but to me if he is as good as you guys claim I am pretty sure many clubs would be interested to drop serious money for him?

He won't leave and he's not been given enough of a chance to really be in the spotlight of big clubs. And the "love fest" is because he's been really good when he's played.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
He was terrible against RM and Man United. Absolutely dogshit actually.
But who is better that LFC can realistically get? Especially that can play that style.
Does Barca need to sell MATS because they are broke? MATS was down a level last season too.

Last edited:

Chimaera

same ol' Caps
Feb 4, 2004
La Plata, Maryland
He was poor at times. Though with his dad dying, being injured (that’s a concern for me more than form), and the central defender disaster he easily deserves a pass.

That said, if the form isn’t there, they need to shake up the coaching or give Kelleher some time (I think he should get some anyhow, mainly in the cups).

JeffreyLFC

Sep 29, 2017
But who is better that LFC can realistically get? Especially that can play that style.
Does Barca need to sell MATS because they are broke? MATS was down a level last season too.
Nobodies and he knows it.

Alisson has been a top GK since joining LFC, his save against Napoli, his save against Eriksen in the CL final and his goal are just some example of his importance. I have no clue where he is going with this Alisson rant....

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA

Oh I never said that. I said he was bad last season, but I'm glad he's signing a new contract and he needs to do better.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Nobodies and he knows it.

Alisson has been a top GK since joining LFC, his save against Napoli, his save against Eriksen in the CL final and his goal are just some example of his importance. I have no clue where he is going with this Alisson rant....
I mean Alisson was best keeper in the world in 2017-18. He has still been very good but his hasn’t reached that level consistently since we won #6. He deserves the extension, but yes his level has dropped. That being said, his second gear is still better than most of the keepers on planet earth. I do think he needs to train a bit better so he stops getting injured. That will bring him back to form.

JeffreyLFC

Sep 29, 2017
I mean Alisson was best keeper in the world in 2017-18. He has still been very good but his hasn’t reached that level consistently since we won #6. He deserves the extension, but yes his level has dropped. That being said, his second gear is still better than most of the keepers on planet earth. I do think he needs to train a bit better so he stops getting injured. That will bring him back to form.
I have never been more relaxed as a LFC in my lifetime than with Alisson in net...

Even Pepe Reina at his best was not as dominant as Alisson. I have seen the worst of the worst. Alisson is the last worry of the team and I would honestly not take any other goalkeeper over him. I have no clue where you are going at with this bullshit that he needs to play better... the whole team sucked last year not just Alisson. Not to mention all goalkeepers have blunders what is more important is consistency and to me Alisson has been the most consistent GK at LFC in my lifetime. More than Pepe Reina, more than Mignolet, More than Karius, more than Dudek, he is a legit top player. I have no clue where you guys are going at...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad