OT: Summer Olympics

Finnflash

May 19, 2016
Winnipeg
I’m not one for conspiracy theories but that was an atrocious officiated game against France. Although Canada didn’t play great.

sipowicz

The thrill is gone
Mar 16, 2011
Canada's mens Olympic baskeball team

1722980558468.png

puck stoppa

Jul 5, 2011
Winnipeg
Congrats to Winnipegger Park who gets the Bronze in Taekwondo.
What a great comeback to get the bronze.
Real good day for Canada, silver, bronze, beach vb move on to gold medal match, one of our better summer olympics in recent memory.
Watched the USA men’s basketball team barely come back today at moxies, some great grub there!

Reactions: ps241 and surixon

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
A protest was launched against the Canadian 4 x 100 team, the protest failed. I wonder which country filed the protest.

Who knows. I didn't see anything wrong with their race. Clean exchanges in all but the first but that was cleaned up well before they were out of the exchange zone.

Reactions: bustamente

robertocarlos

Sep 19, 2014
The third Canadian made one step into the Chinese lane just a fraction of a second after the hand-off to the old and slow Andre. I don't know the rules but that might be why the results were protested.

The protest involved the last handoff to DeGrasse by Rodney who touched the line
His left foot was well into the Chinese lane.

A protest was launched against the Canadian 4 x 100 team, the protest failed. I wonder which country filed the protest.
USA is my guess. Sore losers.

bustamente

Fraud Supporter
Jun 29, 2015
Fraud City MB
The third Canadian made one step into the Chinese lane just a fraction of a second after the hand-off to the old and slow Andre. I don't know the rules but that might be why the results were protested.
Stepping on the line used to be against the rules but according to coach Gilbert that rule was changed a while back and as long as you don't take consecutive steps you are okay.

puck stoppa

Jul 5, 2011
Winnipeg
Stepping on the line used to be against the rules but according to coach Gilbert that rule was changed a while back and as long as you don't take consecutive steps you are okay.
What was not okay, was the USA looking like they were in short track speed skating relay where you push the person from behind lol

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad