OT: Summer Fitness Thread

Chytilmania

Dec 31, 2017
Those are good points. I may have to add more muscle but I have limited my lifting since I ran in to some problems (injury). I have mostly been doing 30-45 minutes a day biking. I'm fortunate not to have much stress nowadays but I do not sleep well. I wake up at 4 am often (bathroom).
Your body could be getting used to the biking and now not burning as much. Lifting would be a new stimulus, put on some muscle and burn more overall. Hopefully not a serious injury!

Would you call yourself skinny fat? Or you still have muscle?

Reactions: NickyFotiu

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad
Haha best way to fight the love handles are wider chest, back and shoulders. Works for me. Haven’t figured out the lower abs trick yet which annoys the s*** out of me. I’d probably have to drop 10 lbs I’m not willing to drop.

Oh for sure, but that doesn't mean that the lower back/LH fluff doesn't exist!

I've gotten over it though and the amount of work that it would take to get lean enough where it's basically gone isn't worth it - I've done it and I felt like ass.

NickyFotiu

NYR 2024 Cup Champs!
Sep 29, 2011
Your body could be getting used to the biking and now not burning as much. Lifting would be a new stimulus, put on some muscle and burn more overall. Hopefully not a serious injury!

Would you call yourself skinny fat? Or you still have muscle?
Definitely not skinny fat. Have muscle. Arms and legs are muscular. Its just those last inches of fat on my ab area that are stubborn. I may follow your advice but with lower weights.

Chytilmania

Dec 31, 2017
Oh for sure, but that doesn't mean that the lower back/LH fluff doesn't exist!

I've gotten over it though and the amount of work that it would take to get lean enough where it's basically gone isn't worth it - I've done it and I felt like ass.
Agreed! It ends up being a full time job or like you said you feel like ass. Not worth it to me either.
Definitely not skinny fat. Have muscle. Arms and legs are muscular. Its just those last inches of fat on my ab area that are stubborn. I may follow your advice but with lower weights.
Do super slow eccentric movements (lowering the weight) you’ll build muscle without lifting heavy. Form and strength will also improve from this.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad