Summer Development Camp, June 27-30 2018 (with French Connection Tournament Saturday)

Dingo44

We already won the trade
Sponsor
Jul 21, 2015
Greensboro, NC

Jake Keilly - good size, and great numbers last year at Clarkson. Don't know anything else.

Jake Kielly at eliteprospects.com

Clarkson University Athletics

Hunter Shepard - smaller guy (6'0") but also good numbers at Minnesota - Duluth.

Hunter Shepard at eliteprospects.com

Minnesota Duluth Athletics

They could have warned him they were taking his picture.

Shepard_Hunter.JPG

Reactions: Wisent42 and Rasmi

Jim Carr's Rug

Jan 16, 2006
Denver
Jake Kielly has peaked my interest. Any reports from camp will be much appreciated.

I wonder how committed he is to stay at Clarkson for 2 more years.

Woodhouse

Dec 20, 2007
New York, NY
I probably won't comb over some past rosters to refresh memory, but this invitee crop looks like the best in recent memory. Snively, Mackey, and Kielly should make or remain on those college UDFA lists. Snively's the waterbug playmaker from Yale, while Mackey's racked up USHL and WCHA defenseman honors in successive years and Kielly back-stopped Clarkson's strong season with pro size. Bavaro's a late-bloomer with a good shot/release, depends on skating improvements IIRC. He did notch a hat trick against Notre Dame, but I don't really watch much AHC with an eye out for pro prospects. Biro's a high-motor forechecking forward that you could say took his cues from Sturtz at PSU. Coskey's among those skilled enough to earn an invitation to the USA showcase camp in July. Luce, meh whatever, an Osmanski or Lepkowski probably. Peski's a depth third-pair defenseman at UND. Shepard's had success in USHS, NAHL, and NCAA, back-stopping UMD to title and owning several single-season UMD records.

Dingo44

We already won the trade
Sponsor
Jul 21, 2015
Greensboro, NC
I probably won't comb over some past rosters to refresh memory, but this invitee crop looks like the best in recent memory. Snively, Mackey, and Kielly should make or remain on those college UDFA lists. Snively's the waterbug playmaker from Yale, while Mackey's racked up USHL and WCHA defenseman honors in successive years and Kielly back-stopped Clarkson's strong season with pro size. Bavaro's a late-bloomer with a good shot/release, depends on skating improvements IIRC. He did notch a hat trick against Notre Dame, but I don't really watch much AHC with an eye out for pro prospects. Biro's a high-motor forechecking forward that you could say took his cues from Sturtz at PSU. Coskey's among those skilled enough to earn an invitation to the USA showcase camp in July. Luce, meh whatever, an Osmanski or Lepkowski probably. Peski's a depth third-pair defenseman at UND. Shepard's had success in USHS, NAHL, and NCAA, back-stopping UMD to title and owning several single-season UMD records.

Sabres really need to up their game on impressing these future UDFA's because our track record for signing guys who attended our camps in the past isn't great.

LetsGoTech

Mar 13, 2017
Big Clarkson fan here, I believe the expectation is for Kielly to be leaving after this season, we have a goalie committed in Ryan Bischel who is not nearly on par with Jake quite yet but is the guy that will come in to take over the job whenever he leaves. I know he went to Minnesota and Winnipeg development camps last year and he grew up in Minnesota and played youth hockey there but has a lot of family in Ontario. I'm biased but I believe he's a top 5 goalie in College Hockey, he started from day one and got an above average team some pretty solid wins as a freshman and I mean stole them, I remember this game at Providence and we got dominated, he ended up with 43 saves and a lot of good ones, we tied 3-3, he tracks it well and is extremely athletic. Here is that game. Now onto his sophomore season, Clarkson was a top 3 team halfway through the year and went on a 14 game win streak where he was really tough to beat and he was seeing the puck so well, he was around a .945 sv% and Clarkson had the best team defense in the country for a stretch in large part due to him. I believe something was wrong the 2nd half, he took a knock up high against Union I believe and was never the same the rest of the season, he still was solid but had some really weird games like a 6-6 tie to Harvard. When he's on his game he is always square and always tracking, has a good glove but there's room for improvement there and he needs to improve playing the puck although he's not terrible. He's a late bloomer that kind of came out of nowhere but all he does is win, he played in the NAHL for Austin and I believe he won the championship with them or lost in the championship, I can't quite remember but then the next year he won the Clark Cup with Tri-City of the USHL, then went to straight to Clarkson, didn't get recruited much as he only got interest from Brown, Clarkson, and Ohio State.

AustonsNostrils

Apr 5, 2016
Matt Barnaby's kid is an invite to the Leafs dev camp. He's a Buffalo kid, should be at our camp not theirs.

A very late bloomer, small kid who's now 6'2", Matt says he's got invites to join some major NCAA programs this year. I'll be curious to see if it happens.

CaptPantalones

Oct 8, 2006
Buffalo, NY
Any more details? I think it's safe to say we're all ravenous

I wish I recorded it, but he absolutely smoked Luukonen with a wrister from the slot during shooting drills. Hes fir a pro level shot and his hands are dangerous in close. Not anything you guys haven't already heard. Here is also with my son, who instantly has a new favorite

Attachments

• IMG_20180625_124655_373.jpg
    IMG_20180625_124655_373.jpg
    142 KB · Views: 69

old kummelweck

Nov 10, 2003
Shepard (G) was on the 2016/17 Min_Dul team that won the national championship. He's 22 and going into his Jr year (will be 23) and looks to be one of three goalies. May be worth his while going pro if he's not the starter there.

old kummelweck

Nov 10, 2003
Kiely (G) was at Clarkson for 2017/18 - also going into his Jr season if he's staying there. Looks to be a product of MN. He's 6'2" while Shepard (above) is listed only at 6'.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad