Sudbury Wolves 2024 - 25 Season Thread, Part I

beastintheeast

Mar 27, 2013
Very disappointed in the Musty situation. Our team would be so much better with him in the lineup.

I get that he's had many of his close knit teammates that have either moved on (Goyette, Anania and McCallum) or traded (Mania, Konyen and Collins). I know that it's difficult, but that's the nature of sports. He has to suck it up and be proud to be playing for this city.
I am sure his agent has heard the suck it up words from Grier. The sharks want him to develop and it isn't going to happen with him sitting at home. To Wolves management it is just as if he stayed in SJ and they probably already had that planned out so his sitting at home is not going to be that much of an issue for them

The loser could be him, especially if the USA Hockey does not return any of his agent's calls.
I still like the idea of sending him to the Petes. You might not get as much for him, but as long as Sudbury made the trade with the provision that the Petes could not trade, it would be interesting.

zaluty

May 30, 2007
Kingston
Kudos to Sudbury for standing their ground. The only thing they could really do other than leave him at home is trade him to the Petes. Do not trade him to a top team or London
The flip side to this is that Musty has one team picked out and is refusing all other trade offers. As a first overall pick he probably does have a veto over trades. Now is he going to keep this stance, who knows.

Petes1987

Oct 13, 2013
The flip side to this is that Musty has one team picked out and is refusing all other trade offers. As a first overall pick he probably does have a veto over trades. Now is he going to keep this stance, who knows.
Then I would let him sit until he accepts a trade to a team that will give the Wolves the best return. I commend Sudbury management for standing their ground on this players should not be allowed to dictate where they play.

Voice from the North

Sep 17, 2013
I am sure his agent has heard the suck it up words from Grier. The sharks want him to develop and it isn't going to happen with him sitting at home. To Wolves management it is just as if he stayed in SJ and they probably already had that planned out so his sitting at home is not going to be that much of an issue for them

The loser could be him, especially if the USA Hockey does not return any of his agent's calls.
I still like the idea of sending him to the Petes. You might not get as much for him, but as long as Sudbury made the trade with the provision that the Petes could not trade, it would be interesting.

The Wolves were always expecting Musty back as it was well known his overall game isn't NHL ready.

The Musty camp wants a contending team somewhat close to home.

Reactions: MGOBlue

GoKnightsGo44

Aug 31, 2006
The speculation on what is happening behind closed doors is rampant. Let’s not conflate rumours and facts.

Facts:
1. Musty is a star player in the OHL
2. Musty has requested a trade and is awaiting a move.
3. Sudbury issued a statement that they will seek value from a trade and Musty is welcome to the team
4. The Sharks have made a statement with their desire for a quick resolution
5. Sudbury has two import spots open
6. There have been significant moves already in the OHL, setting the asking price between an 08 plus 2 mid round picks and 06/07 and boat loads of picks.
7. Musty has a no trade clause and can dictate where he plays
8. 08 players cannot be traded till the January trade window
9. First year imports can only be moved when a team holds 3 players

MGOBlue

Aug 27, 2018
The speculation on what is happening behind closed doors is rampant. Let’s not conflate rumours and facts.

Facts:
3. Sudbury issued a statement that they will seek value from a trade and Musty is welcome to the team
6. There have been significant moves already in the OHL, setting the asking price between an 08 plus 2 mid round picks and 06/07 and boat loads of picks.
Thanks, Captain!

1729804510847.png

Hallzy

Mar 18, 2022

Facts:
Absolutely ground breaking set of facts here

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad