Sudbury Wolves 2024 - 25 Season Thread, Part I

dirty12

Mar 6, 2015
There are consistency issues in Musty’s game. Frasca and Thibodeau are undrafted players that had poor representation believing they can dictate which positions and lines they would play.
That made me guilty of character assination based on hearsay.

Frasca and Thibodeau are easily replaced good second line scorers.
Musty is on a level of Barlow offensively right now. If he dedicates himself to using his size and speed on the defensive side consistently, Musty will be a NHL player next season.

I Loveallsports

I'm a optimist not a optometrist
Apr 13, 2010
That made me guilty of character assination based on hearsay.

Frasca and Thibodeau are easily replaced good second line scorers.
Musty is on a level of Barlow offensively right now. If he dedicates himself to using his size and speed on the defensive side consistently, Musty will be a NHL player next season.
You're guilty as charged lol. But, I don't see Musty progressing to the point of NHL ready next season. That was a bad report card from the sharks. We'll find out.

billoink

Nov 18, 2013
Is it not possible that Musty along with his agent and the Sharks would rather see him on a team that is properly managed and in a position to make a long run not heading to the lottery. Players were very upset at the trade deadline last season when they were under the impression that the team was going all in instead of sitting on the fence. They really believed they had the team to make an honest run and they felt let down.

dirty12

Mar 6, 2015
You're guilty as charged lol. But, I don't see Musty progressing to the point of NHL ready next season. That was a bad report card from the sharks. We'll find out.
I did not read into that ‘report card’ as deeply as you. I read Musty has consistency issues to iron out if he wants an NHL career.
If he wants to be, Musty will be the best all around winger in the league this season. A year of Butler would do him as much good as it did for Fimis imo.

Voice from the North

Sep 17, 2013
Musty and family are driving this bus right now. The belief is he wants to play closer to home with a contender in his last year which is why Erie comes up as a destination. However, this trade demand will not make Sharks happy. They sent Musty back knowing that this coaching staff was going to work on his overall game. Based on the San Jose coach’s comments on Musty’s camp performance, there is lots for him to work on and this trade demand suggests that he and his group are resistant to any kind of change after being treated with kid gloves last year.

dirty12

Mar 6, 2015
Musty and family are driving this bus right now. The belief is he wants to play closer to home with a contender in his last year which is why Erie comes up as a destination. However, this trade demand will not make Sharks happy. They sent Musty back knowing that this coaching staff was going to work on his overall game. Based on the San Jose coach’s comments on Musty’s camp performance, there is lots for him to work on and this trade demand suggests that he and his group are resistant to any kind of change after being treated with kid gloves last year.
can you please post something that says, ‘the sharks sent Musty back to work with this coaching staff’?

It not here in previously posted article.

ScoutLife4

Nov 28, 2023
Petes did it. If Sudbury decides to sell I don’t see why they wouldn’t move him by the deadline same with Smith in Owen sound
Sudbury had several offers this summer for Mccoy and said they were not moving him.
If they were entertaining moving him they would not have said the opposite and named him captain a couple days ago.

Perhaps they reconsider at the deadline once they realize they do not have a contender but i don't see it happening anytime soon.

sbpointer

Sep 15, 2014
Budweiser Gardens
According to some maybe?

Don’t think the situation was this bad though

“Quentin is welcome to join the team at any time”
What this demonstrates is Rob Papineau is acting childish and Dale Degray is a professional who has respect for the league and it's players.. Both player demands were the same IMO.
I also don't think SJ will be mad about Mutsy getting some time with a Stan Butler or maybe if we are lucky Dale Hunter... :naughty:

dirty12

Mar 6, 2015
Sudbury had several offers this summer for Mccoy and said they were not moving him.
If they were entertaining moving him they would not have said the opposite and named him captain a couple days ago.

Perhaps they reconsider at the deadline once they realize they do not have a contender but i don't see it happening anytime soon.
The wolves must realize they will not contend without Musty, and will not contend this season with the return from a Musty trade.

Reactions: NorthernBridge7

frontsfan67

Dec 3, 2022
What this demonstrates is Rob Papineau is acting childish and Dale Degray is a professional who has respect for the league and it's players.. Both player demands were the same IMO.
I also don't think SJ will be mad about Mutsy getting some time with a Stan Butler or maybe if we are lucky Dale Hunter... :naughty:
If you’re lucky you’ll avoid London at all costs. London has a history of fleecing teams. Hunters would be the best team for Musty but not for the wolves to deal with.

Regardless of who is acting childish- it is definitely being handled worse than the Owen Sound situation

dirty12

Mar 6, 2015
If you’re lucky you’ll avoid London at all costs. London has a history of fleecing teams. Hunters would be the best team for Musty but not for the wolves to deal with.

Regardless of who is acting childish- it is definitely being handled worse than the Owen Sound situation
London could probably get a deal done with Medvedev and Woolley and picks

User13452

Jan 7, 2022

That was before the news came out today. Now it makes little sense to keep him

sbpointer

Sep 15, 2014
Budweiser Gardens

The situation is absolutely being handled worse by the club and there is no winning this trade from Sudbury's perspective..
This situation can not drag on because it will paint the entire league in bad light and will hinder recruitment for years to come ( which will adversly effect Sudbury more then average because they are going to have high picks for a while )
The kid and his reps are in full control here. The Wolves will be best to get a deal done quickly and save face ( not that they historically have made good choices on this front )

Reactions: billoink

billoink

Nov 18, 2013

Regardless of who is acting childish- it is definitely being handled worse than the Owen Sound situ

Until our owner wakes up and smells the roses we will most likely get fleeced no matter what team lands up with Musty

Voice from the North

Sep 17, 2013
can you please post something that says, ‘the sharks sent Musty back to work with this coaching staff’?

It not here in previously posted article.

What’s the next step for Quentin Musty?

MUST WATCH College Football This Week w/ Crissy Froyd! | Daily Sports Rush

Unmute

00:03
/
01:52

"But Warsofsky thinks that Musty can still learn a lot in Sudbury: “This is the best thing for his development to go back, play OHL, do really well. Put up some points. He’s got a list of things he needs to work on and continue to work on that.”

I don't have to post it, you just have to simply read between the lines a little bit. All three of the coaches have NHL connections with Desjardins being a former Shark as well. Musty reported to Wolves camp, played an exhibition game with them so he got a taste of what the coaches expect from him and possibly didn't like what he was hearing. If last years coaching staff was still around, with what Musty needs to work on, you can bet that the Sharks would have been telling Papineau to trade him immediately

dirty12

Mar 6, 2015
What’s the next step for Quentin Musty?

Unmute

00:03
/
01:52

"But Warsofsky thinks that Musty can still learn a lot in Sudbury: “This is the best thing for his development to go back, play OHL, do really well. Put up some points. He’s got a list of things he needs to work on and continue to work on that.”

I don't have to post it, you just have to simply read between the lines a little bit. All three of the coaches have NHL connections with Desjardins being a former Shark as well. Musty reported to Wolves camp, played an exhibition game with them so he got a taste of what the coaches expect from him and possibly didn't like what he was hearing. If last years coaching staff was still around, with what Musty needs to work on, you can bet that the Sharks would have been telling Papineau to trade him immediately
I very much doubt the sharks sent Musty back to the OHL because of the wolves coaching staff. I don’t think the current coaching staff is an issue for the sharks; and I have no doubt the sharks would have no issue with Butler, Hunter, Williamson…

Reactions: sbpointer

frontsfan67

Dec 3, 2022
“In Must we Trust”, that he writes an explanation letter to all the young fans wearing his jersey articulating his reasons for not wanting to come back.
I don’t think it’s this deep dude. They’re kids, they’ll forget about it in a day or two after.

Even if they’re on bad terms right now Mustys been a big part of the team the last few years and ultimately has to do what’s best for him.

I don’t agree with how the situation is being handled but I’m sure there’s a lot that goes on behind the scenes that isn’t put out in public.

Reactions: djscooter
Good for the new coach for his statement on the situation.

If Musty wants to act like he's the top dog and refuses to step on the ice for the Wolves, that’s on him. The team has no obligation to trade him just because he’s decided he wants out.

His refusal to play isn’t exactly helping his reputation—if anything, it’s only making those character concerns more obvious. If he really wants what’s best for his future, proving he can rise above a rough situation would do more for his career than sitting out and throwing a fit.

He’s got talent, no doubt, but I think he’s missing the discipline needed to truly reach that next level.

Lycanthrope

Dec 3, 2011
Good for the new coach for his statement on the situation.

If Musty wants to act like he's the top dog and refuses to step on the ice for the Wolves, that’s on him. The team has no obligation to trade him just because he’s decided he wants out.

His refusal to play isn’t exactly helping his reputation—if anything, it’s only making those character concerns more obvious. If he really wants what’s best for his future, proving he can rise above a rough situation would do more for his career than sitting out and throwing a fit.

He’s got talent, no doubt, but I think he’s missing the discipline needed to truly reach that next level.
Exactemundo!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad