Sudbury Wolves 2023-2024 Off-Season Thread (Part 2)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

dirty12

Mar 6, 2015
I think the smart thing considering Oshawa, Brantford and Brampton have already pushed in you at the very least reset and be ready to go for the 2027 mem cup.

it absolutely wouldn't hurt Dean, or doucet to develope in jr A.

Without Dvorski and Goyette I don't think we can keep pace with the big 3 especially if the rumor of Barlow to Oshawa happens.

With questions in goal and and an iffy defence I see at best a mid season best cause 6th and 1st round lost.

Without a doubt the wolves need one legit #2-3 D to compete. The team is in pretty good shape at forward though. The wolves are pretty much equal to Brantford presently.
Right now, the wolves top six would maul the steelheads forwards. Barrie and Oshawa would be tougher, though Oshawa will just be essentially 3 all-stars deep at forward after acquiring Barlow.

agillarda

Jan 3, 2024
Waay to far out to be building towards 2030 memorial cup.
Sell the ‘05s & ‘06s this season to resemble the Petes 2023-24 through 2025-26, no thanks. Without good veteran support, the kids may not develop as well; if at all due to being unnecessarily exposed to higher risk of injury.
2027 mem cup.

Unless you go out and get another top 6 forward and maybe 2 defencemen because blonda probably in one of the trades and a goalie.

I don't see our top 6 as that much better than Bramptons.

Our path in playoffs goes through Brampton,Barrie or Oshawa in the first round.

Reactions: frontsfan67

cobra9850

Apr 23, 2014
I have been of the mind to bring Newton home all of season, Molnar would be nice too. My thing is the goaltending will it be there. Also losing Goyette and Dvorski(doubtful he comes back) it would make the most sense to off load Musty, McCoy, Deangelis and at the right price Villy or Walton.

We have one of the bigger draft pick cupboards for sure but if not rebuilding at the very least reset. I'd rather a rebuild aiming to go for it in 2027 and challenge the petes on a mem cup bid.
Newton would be excellent on a line with Chitaroni following their excellent chemistry with the Cubs

Last edited:

cobra9850

Apr 23, 2014
Barrie acquires 2nd round NHL draft pick Swedish Gabriel Eliasson for a 3 round pick.He would have fit the bill on our D.Probably did not want to come here

Reactions: dirty12

dirty12

Mar 6, 2015
2027 mem cup.

Unless you go out and get another top 6 forward and maybe 2 defencemen because blonda probably in one of the trades and a goalie.

A new Sudbury arena opens by 2027?

frontsfan67

Dec 3, 2022
2027 mem cup.

Or potentially Brantford/Kingston too.
As I’ve said before the top 4-5 of the east may be better than 2-10 of the west. I think there’s London at the top then a BIG drop off to Erie and Saginaw who are in that second tier below London

If London gets everyone back and makes an upgrade in net I think they’re the favourites even over teams like Brampton and Barrie. Never anticipated them getting potentially all of Cowan, Bonk and Dickinson back. Unbelievably lucky if they do.

Cowan has not looked good with the leafs. Still could use him maybe in a bottom 4 role but for development it would be better with him in London playing every situation and in every tournament this year (wjc and mem cup) Bonk may crack Philly I think he now has the highest chance of the 3 but it’s tough to say- they may want him developing 1 more year before cracking the pros in the 2025/2026 season. Dickinson has the size and defensive skill but they may want him working more on his offensive game with another year of junior.

One thing is for sure though all 3 of those guys along with Barkey are 100% gone in 2025/26 though.

Last edited:

agillarda

Jan 3, 2024
Or potentially Brantford/Kingston too.
As I’ve said before the top 4-5 of the east may be better than 2-10 of the west. I think there’s London at the top then a BIG drop off to Erie and Saginaw who are in that second tier below London
Sorry forgot to mention them.

Like I said let them buy players from us and push down the road. Recognize the signs and get ahead.

frontsfan67

Dec 3, 2022
Sorry forgot to mention them.

Like I said let them buy players from us and push down the road. Recognize the signs and get ahead.
Around the deadline would be a real good time to sell the excess OAs if they wanted to for higher value- guys like Delic, Deangelis, McCoy would go for a TON then. Musty will obviously go for a ton whenever but if they want that first round pick they’ll have to wait until the deadline. UNLESS Oshawa wanted both Barlow AND Musty- I’m sure the wolves would happily take griffin from them if offered.

I wouldn’t sell anymore than those 4 though- you’d still have a good core and Villenueve looks like he’s ready for a big breakout year- spending half of it with musty would be good for him. Same with Walton he had a big pre season. If they traded those 4 and got rid of the 2 OA’s.

The first thing I’d be doing if they traded these guys is calling about an upgrade in net- whoever is available if it’s Sztuska(unlikely but you never know), Parsons, Mackenzie or even Lalonde in Kingston(situation may come up where Kingston tries to get Wakely and Ludwinski comes back). Reason being is you’d be losing your top 2 d men, and a good centre in delic so the defence of the whole team would take a huge hit.

agillarda

Jan 3, 2024
Around the deadline would be a real good time to sell the excess OAs if they wanted to for higher value- guys like Delic, Deangelis, McCoy would go for a TON then. Musty will obviously go for a ton whenever but if they want that first round pick they’ll have to wait until the deadline. UNLESS Oshawa wanted both Barlow AND Musty- I’m sure the wolves would happily take griffin from them if offered.

I wouldn’t sell anymore than those 4 though- you’d still have a good core and Villenueve looks like he’s ready for a big breakout year- spending half of it with musty would be good for him. Same with Walton he had a big pre season. If they traded those 4 and got rid of the 2 OA’s.

The first thing I’d be doing if they traded these guys is calling about an upgrade in net- whoever is available if it’s Sztuska(unlikely but you never know), Parsons, Mackenzie or even Lalonde in Kingston(situation may come up where Kingston tries to get Wakely and Ludwinski comes back). Reason being is you’d be losing your top 2 d men, and a good centre in delic so the defence of the whole team would take a huge hit.
That's where I am. Villy or Walton would take a BIG package at this point for 2 years of them.

A new Sudbury arena opens by 2027?
The whole proposed area has been demoed already except for one building.

Wolf on a Wire

Sep 18, 2022
You prioritze the most talented of course.

My thoughts on Newton are based on the chemistry built last year with the Cubs between him and Chitironi you could pair them.
I think Chitaroni is doing ok without him, he had 3 or 4 points last game…

dirty12

Mar 6, 2015
That's where I am. Villy or Walton would take a BIG package at this point for 2 years of them.

The whole proposed area has been demoed already except for one building.

There’s still infrastructure work to be done before building, ‘27 seems ambitious; but maybe May ‘27 adding many millions of tax payer $

agillarda

Jan 3, 2024
There’s still infrastructure work to be done before building, ‘27 seems ambitious; but maybe May ‘27 adding many millions of tax payer $
Well May '27 would be around the right time for a mem cup, what better way to open a new building than with the Mem cup

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad