Sudbury Wolves 2023-2024 Off-Season Thread (Part 2)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

dirty12

Mar 6, 2015
I would think he would need to serve the games once his return from NHL camp. Clock starts upon his return. That's my take.

If I recall correctly, it starts game 1 regardless if player is at a pro camp, team suspension, injured, mental/bereavement leave, …

Edit: I should have read all the posts before posting effectively the same thing

agillarda

Jan 3, 2024
Why were the Wolves not in on Kaeden Johnston for a 4th round pick.
Not sure where you would put him, he's an 05 so would be an OA candidate next year and I believe we already have 10 of those. Then he his career high in points is 10 in 40 games from last season averaged out that would be maybe 20 over a full season and by the looks of it not very physical pr atleast not many penalties.

Wouldn't be surprised if the rookies can provide that and not cost us a 4th rounder at the start of a rebuild.

billoink

Nov 18, 2013
I hope they do not wait to long if goaltending does not pan out as expected. By the looks of the schedule does not look to kind at the beginning with all the road games.

cobra9850

Apr 23, 2014
Not sure where you would put him, he's an 05 so would be an OA candidate next year and I believe we already have 10 of those. Then he his career high in points is 10 in 40 games from last season averaged out that would be maybe 20 over a full season and by the looks of it not very physical pr atleast not many penalties.

Wouldn't be surprised if the rookies can provide that and not cost us a 4th rounder at the start of a rebuild.
With an increased top 6 role he can be a point per game producer and teams can definitely use that production.Our overager choices won't be as clear cut next year and after a breakout year he could have definitely been in the mix.

agillarda

Jan 3, 2024
With an increased top 6 role he can be a point per game producer and teams can definitely use that production.Our overager choices won't be as clear cut next year and after a breakout year he could have definitely been in the mix.
Musty, Villy, Delic, Walton, Pharand and Chitironi are likely already in the top 6, if not you already have coughlan that can provide the same potential production and not cost anything.

As for OAs for next year likely Pharand, Coughlan and Kwachuck if he proves himself.

Voice from the North

Sep 17, 2013
Musty, Villy, Delic, Walton, Pharand and Chitironi are likely already in the top 6, if not you already have coughlan that can provide the same potential production and not cost anything.

As for OAs for next year likely Pharand, Coughlan and Kwachuck if he proves himself.
I would have gladly spent a fourth rounder for Johnston to find out if he’s a point per game player. Might also be able to push an 08 player to junior A and more playing time which would be a win win. Molnar from Erie might cost the same price

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad