Sudbury Wolves 2023-2024 Off-Season Thread (Part 2)

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Wiserbud

Mar 29, 2014
I appreciate the changes. I think he is a good upgrade.. based on his resume at least. The goalie position let us down this past season, hopefully this helps change that issue. Welcome aboard!

Reactions: WolvesFan

djscooter

Apr 19, 2005
Got our new Tendy coach...Not top shelf but promises to be an upgrade I'm fairly certain

Better late then never. When he was last with the wolves we had some solid goaltending.

This does really bother me though, I know you can't change the past, but they knew goaltending development and coaching were issues going into this past season. With has much promise as it had. Their refusal to make these changes earlier just makes me shake my head.

Reactions: WolvesFan

howlman

Mar 9, 2004
This does really bother me though, I know you can't change the past, but they knew goaltending development and coaching were issues going into this past season. With has much promise as it had. Their refusal to make these changes earlier just makes me shake my head.

With so many season ticket opt outs, they are in damage control. Trying to win back some of the long time and loyal season ticket holders lost after the debacle witnessed last season and playoffs. It was embarrassing. Completely blew it with the opportunity at hand.

djscooter

Apr 19, 2005
With so many season ticket opt outs, they are in damage control. Trying to win back some of the long time and loyal season ticket holders lost after the debacle witnessed last season and playoffs. It was embarrassing. Completely blew it with the opportunity at hand.
Probably should have solved these issues before the renewal date if they wanted folks to stay on.

Reactions: howlman

djscooter

Apr 19, 2005
Now go get goalies That don’t make his job impossible starting with Leenders
We'll get a good idea to what the future plans are for goaltending at the import draft tomorrow. Will be interesting to see if they try to go and get someone for the crease again. Can't be worse then Vondras.

billoink

Nov 18, 2013
We'll get a good idea to what the future plans are for goaltending at the import draft tomorrow. Will be interesting to see if they try to go and get someone for the crease again. Can't be worse then Vondras.
Hopefully our Euro scout and those responsible for making decisions on theese players only draft players who will commit I remember Templeton always said if they are not in my top five I Don’t want them.

Wiserbud

Mar 29, 2014
Must be a Euro goalie lined up that likely also dictated this hire being required. The timing seems to imply that as well. Fingers crossed.

Last edited:
Reactions: justawolfan

pgfan66

Jun 26, 2019
Hopefully our Euro scout and those responsible for making decisions on theese players only draft players who will commit I remember Templeton always said if they are not in my top five I Don’t want them.
Sudbury has a Euro scout?

djscooter

Apr 19, 2005
Chovan player type is like a lesser lesser Dvorsky. Solid responsible 2 way C, probably won’t produce a high amount of points in the OHL (I’m guessing 0.75 PPG at the highest this season). But I would probably guess he comes over, as he won’t likely get time in Finnish men’s league
.75 PPG as a 17 year old forward in the OHL would be a homerun pick imo.

With Caden Taylor traded, and a couple of the higher picks being NCAA bound, the 07 group was looking pretty weak, this is a good addition to help fix that as well.

djscooter

Apr 19, 2005
Not surprising to see more of a hail mary on the second pick, I don't believe Adam Nemec is expected to come to North America, but I'd be happy to be wrong.

The great part with Chovan, is assuming he reports this year, he'll be drafted out of Sudbury which means he'll likely be a 3 year player.

Reactions: frontsfan67

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad