Sudbury Wolves 2023-2024 Off-Season Thread (Part 2)

OHL4Life

Sep 6, 2017
Considering there hasn't been one, I'm going with no, last one would have been for stillman. Don't recall duncanson being a long one, they made Ken interm then a couple weeks later brought in Derek, then replaced Derek with Ken again.
i was at a tournament where paps was bragging about how great his hires are. every coach hes hired ahs been the best one in the league.

agillarda

Jan 3, 2024
i was at a tournament where paps was bragging about how great his hires are. every coach hes hired ahs been the best one in the league.
I wouldn't call any of his hires the best by any means. I just mean there hasn't been an extensive search recently and there's a difference between great candidates and a great coach

OHL4Life

Sep 6, 2017
I wouldn't call any of his hires the best by any means. I just mean there hasn't been an extensive search recently and there's a difference between great candidates and a great coach
no, he does. thats what im sayin,g your caught up on the timeline, im saying every coach he hires is the best coach in the league. he said to one agent that he turned down guys who could be nhl assistants to hire craig duncanson back in the day.

agillarda

Jan 3, 2024
no, he does. thats what im sayin,g your caught up on the timeline, im saying every coach he hires is the best coach in the league. he said to one agent that he turned down guys who could be nhl assistants to hire craig duncanson back in the day.
Well I'd say publicly he'd always have to say he got the best guy. Can't exactly go and say oh yeah we got a middle of the road guy. I can't blame him for not waiting a coach who leaves in a year though. You want consistency. I mean we just had what 4 coaches on 4 years? Hard to establish a culture that way

Wolf on a Wire

Sep 18, 2022
of coutse it wasnt, he was like 4-30 in usports. he was the easy hire that he could control
Bigger picture, he was hired after coming off a full year of no hockey or revenue….I can’t comment on his coaching abilities but he is hockey guy thru and thru with plenty of experience. Maybe a little too old for today’s young players….

OHL4Life

Sep 6, 2017
Bigger picture, he was hired after coming off a full year of no hockey or revenue….I can’t comment on his coaching abilities but he is hockey guy thru and thru with plenty of experience. Maybe a little too old for today’s young players….
and thats all fine, but dont tell everyone that you turned down guys who could be nhl coaches to hire him, thats just a lie.

Voice from the North

Sep 17, 2013

What is he talking about? The only good coaches (Stillman, Derek MacKenzie) fell into his lap, would not be controlled and left when they had better options. Papineau’s local, controllable hires were terrible

Whoppy52

Mar 6, 2013
Is it true that there were 88 applicants for this position?
The hockey world(CHL) is like a small village. Once a person gets a reputation it spreads like wildfire. I believe Paps' reputation is well known and not in a good way. With 4 coaches in the last 4 years and with his well known meddling I don't believe that quality qualified individuals will jump into his circus and we will be once again be left with 2nd tier coaching!
eill

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad