Sudbury Wolves 2018-19 Season Thread (Part 6)

Status
Not open for further replies.

cub

Apr 11, 2012
These are kids, it's their day, their dreams why do a few idiots have to try and ruin it for them? Probably never played a sport or had kids that were competitive of their own. Grow up for Christ sake.

Ruin it for them. lmao. what does this board have to do with their dreams on here, more make believe? Seems like you're squabbling with everyone lately I wonder why. I guarantee you posters here played many competitive sports and have children who did, but come up with a bogus story again.

billoink

Nov 18, 2013
Ruin it for them. lmao. what does this board have to do with their dreams on here, more make believe? Seems like you're squabbling with everyone lately I wonder why. I guarantee you posters here played many competitive sports and have children who did, but come up with a bogus story again.
You don't have the mentality to interpret a post. Posters who on the day of the draft make fun of where the kids are drafted and take cheap shots at them is just wrong. Ask someone to explain this to you if you will.

cub

Apr 11, 2012
You don't have the mentality to interpret a post. Posters who on the day of the draft make fun of where the kids are drafted and take cheap shots at them is just wrong. Ask someone to explain this to you if you will.

cheap shots? how do you make this stuff up? I haven't seen any, it's been pretty tame on the board, very respectable. If someone did its a hockey board they are entitled to their opinion, at same time be ready have some rebuttal. Some can take a rebuttal but you having issues with it.

dirty12

Mar 6, 2015
Savignac (NB) pick 9-171. rated by one as a 3-4 round pick, described by another as his favourite mid-round pick.
One of the those players that ‘fall through the cracks during the draft’?

djscooter

Apr 19, 2005
cheap shots? how do you make this stuff up? I haven't seen any, it's been pretty tame on the board, very respectable. If someone did its a hockey board they are entitled to their opinion, at same time be ready have some rebuttal. Some can take a rebuttal but you having issues with it.
I mean this is the same guy who said Ukko couldn't handle the pressure yesterday. Don't engage and move on.

Overall, despite my disappointment in the picks, as always I'm looking forward to seeing them on the ice at rookie camp. Given the players, I'd expect a feisty camp.

We've however done nothing to address future goal scoring or goaltending issues which worries me a bit. I'm also hugely disappointed that in one of the best local classes in years we've don't take a single kid born locally like Brunet, Savignac, Kavangh, etc. Also wish they'd have taken a few more swing for the fences. But it is what it is.

Savignac (NB) pick 9-171. rated by one as a 3-4 round pick, described by another as his favourite mid-round pick.
One of the players that fell through the cracks during the draft?

Definitely fell through some cracks, one of the highest work ethics in the draft, amazing skater, and a great shot. Not a perfect player but a ton of upside.

cub

Apr 11, 2012
Import draft and supplemental we will.

WJ

Yes, I think so. I think we need to secure an import Goalie who can step in, not sure if we have someone who can step in full-time at the present time. Maybe Weeks, I think Lemaire still raw should be good in a few years. Not sure if Bowman gets a shot in starting next year.

Reactions: hockieguy

cub

Apr 11, 2012
I mean this is the same guy who said Ukko couldn't handle the pressure yesterday. Don't engage and move on.

Overall, despite my disappointment in the picks, as always I'm looking forward to seeing them on the ice at rookie camp. Given the players, I'd expect a feisty camp.

We've however done nothing to address future goal scoring or goaltending issues which worries me a bit. I'm also hugely disappointed that in one of the best local classes in years we've don't take a single kid born locally like Brunet, Savignac, Kavangh, etc. Also wish they'd have taken a few more swing for the fences. But it is what it is.

Definitely fell through some cracks, one of the highest work ethics in the draft, amazing skater, and a great shot. Not a perfect player but a ton of upside.

I can't say I know all the local talent at this age group for Sudbury I'm familiar with some, because I haven't watched them all enough. However, I agree, I'm a big advocate of drafting good northern talent if possible, I'm surprised we haven't because I'm sure they have seen this team enough.

djscooter

Apr 19, 2005
I can't say I know all the local talent at this age group for Sudbury I'm familiar with some, because I haven't watched them all enough. However, I agree, I'm a big advocate of drafting good northern talent if possible, I'm surprised we haven't because I'm sure they have seen this team enough.

I mean historically, if you look over the last 10 years, unless your related to someone in the organization. We typically don't draft local. North Bay, London, The Sault, Saginaw all end up with many more northern kids.

Reactions: cub

Lycanthrope

Dec 3, 2011
I don’t know, I watched the game again, it didn’t look to me like we were that outclassed. Several breakdowns cost us, and I thought there were some stoppable pucks that wouldn’t ordinarily go in.
For good parts of the game I thought the Wolves had a good forecheck going. Really a bad second period was the difference.
Going to be really tough though if we have two regular defenceman hurt (as if it wasn’t tough enough). Here’s hoping we can steal one tomorrow.

cub

Apr 11, 2012
I mean historically, if you look over the last 10 years, unless your related to someone in the organization. We typically don't draft local. North Bay, London, The Sault, Saginaw all end up with many more northern kids.

Congrats to NOHA players:

Flint- T. Dunbar, Z.Giroux
Kingston- C. Walker
Kitchener- M. Martin
London- M.McCue
Niagara- B.Brunet
Northbay- D. Savignac, O.Wray
Ottawa- J. Matier
Peterbourough- J. Kavanaugh
Sarnia- B.Gaudreau, C.Innes
Sudbury- C.Stillman

I'm surprised the Soo, didn't take a NOHA player. Good representation by the NOHA.

Reactions: hockeynorth

hockieguy

Sep 7, 2012
Ontario Canada
These are kids, it's their day, their dreams why do a few idiots have to try and ruin it for them? Probably never played a sport or had kids that were competitive of their own. Grow up for Christ sake.

Just ribbing you a bit billoink, no need to get your panties in a bunch.

barclayplager

Feb 9, 2014

North Bay has had good luck with Sudbury area players..Chenier...Walker....

billoink

Nov 18, 2013
Board was getting toooo quite had to raise some shit, only able to get 2 to bite. Won't be seeing much till Sept I guess on the boards now that the draft is over, had to go out with a bang;):thumbu: Cub it was all in fun, got you again, you were way to quite, you should know me by now:laugh::thumbu:

jrwhopper

May 28, 2015
Rumours swirling that Mason McTavish won't report to Peterborough. Yikes lol.

Im glad this doesn't seem to happen to us as much as it used to (Papineau seems to know what he's doing in that regard)

Gotta feel for the Petes after Cuylle last year too.

This was known prior to the draft. According to the imfamous insider theres still bad blood between mctavish's agent at Newport and Ryan Merkley who fired them.

the dog

May 16, 2014
Congrats to NOHA players:

Flint- T. Dunbar, Z.Giroux
Kingston- C. Walker
Kitchener- M. Martin
London- M.McCue
Niagara- B.Brunet
Northbay- D. Savignac, O.Wray
Ottawa- J. Matier
Peterbourough- J. Kavanaugh
Sarnia- B.Gaudreau, C.Innes
Sudbury- C.Stillman

I'm surprised the Soo, didn't take a NOHA player. Good representation by the NOHA.
niagara icedogs also picked Stephen Pszeniczny

Lycanthrope

Dec 3, 2011
Just read in the Ottawa Citizen that Serentsis broke his leg. Nice, it’s as bad as it looked.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad